LPers who won't let the game breath

Sometimes I just want to play a thing by proxy without a douchebag jingling keys in my face

Comments

• edited 2016-02-15 18:04:18
    > LPers who won't let the game breath[e]

This aspect is why I don't understand why people like Raocow so much.  He practically intentionally looks for things to say just to fill the air, even when he runs out of meaningful things to say.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    He's a different type of LP dude. A type which I don't find particularly engaging, but not getting why people like something different is just silly.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Because watching a game by itself is seldom interesting. I might as well just play it myself.

Bizarre non-sequitur rambling, though, that I can appreciate.
    also do not capitalize the r. It's raocow
  • also do not capitalize the r. It's raocow

Rao Rao fight the convention
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Because watching a game by itself is seldom interesting. I might as well just play it myself.

Bizarre non-sequitur rambling, though, that I can appreciate.

Sometimes you can't
    sure I can. when the hell can't I
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    if i'm just curious about the game, i'll look for videos without commentary

if i want to see other people react, though, i'm happy if they're talkative
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I don't mind reactions, I just mind when people are clearly way more interested in promoting their personal #brand and avoiding dead air at any cost than showing off the game.
    oh yeah that does sound bad
  • raocow works for me, understanding that this doesn't count for everyone, because of consumer capitalism.

Eventually everyone succumbs to off-topic or promotional discussion in an lp... but raocow starts off off topic and thus cannot slippery slide to off topic or promotional brand messaging...

The perfect foil.

• Also raocow's rambling isn't really about promoting an artificial brand so much as just being a weirdo for the sake of it.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It also helps, for me at least, that raocow generally plays platformers or other games that don't require a lot of explanation or attention, so the talking is just to add flavour.
    these three wise people above me understand
    raocow belongs to a third category, people you watch because you find their stuff entertaining

also yeah what Bee said, raocow just kind of rambles in an amusing way, it's not some kind of insidious brand promotion or w/e
  • Fair enough; I guess it's just a matter of taste that I don't find it amusing.