Disney to Buy Sonic Corp.; Rebrand All Locations to "Fox"

Comments

• Miles Prower appointed new C.O.O.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Kexruct said:

Sonic is hell

i'm sorry
  • I've never eaten at a Sonic Drive-Thru, though I've wanted to out of curiosity.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The closest ones to us are in Fredericksburg. For some reason, there just aren't any close to DC, though there's persistent rumours of one going in at Potomac Mills.
  • There's one near Manchester, CT, but I never visited it.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    There was one maybe a mile or so from where I used to live, but I never went there
  • Both Raleigh and Lexington have locations, with more being available in the former city but also being walkable from my dorm in the latter.

Their root beer floats are A+. Food's pretty good too, but expensive for fast food.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    does sonic still do the rollerblades thing
  • Sometimes. Depends on the carhop.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've always just gone through the drive-thru tbh
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    sorry for the late response but what don't you like about the Sonic experience?

Myself, I just find the idea and the promise of Sonic incredibly alluring...the food itself is really not great
  • While working there I got the impression that corporate was trying a million different things aesthetically and it just ends up being something of a bland stew

(I know you weren't asking me btw)

As far as food goes... I'm gonna be honest, I still really like Sonic's food, in no small part because it doesn't turn me inside out like other fast food places.
  • Sonic has become something of a local fixture just because it's located within three miles of damn near everything. It's left me kinda miffed just because I really wish a local fixture would be something, you know, local. 
  • that happens a lot in small towns. You remember our McDonald's around here I'm sure.
  • Oh I know, your McDonalds is honestly probably a better example than my Sonic

it's just, like, no one actually cares about any individual fast food place. So you have something of immense local importance that has no emotional significance to anyone beyond their attachment to its branding, and that just sucks so much to me.