The Disney's Hercules TV Show

It had a Griffin named Merv Griffin, voiced by Merv Griffin.

And also Dan Castellanetta voiced the Greek poet Homer.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Sometimes I wonder if I ought to watch this, given my semi-boosterism of one fellow The Series
  • edited 2016-02-04 04:14:16
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It was actually way more mythologically accurate than the movie, from the few episodes I saw, although the tone was sillier—although one of the more obscure and important myths (the unchaining of Prometheus) was actually played dead straight for the most part. Good episode.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    The idea of "Hercules in high school" always made me blanche, but I admit you make it sound kinda interesting.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I generally liked Disney TV shows of that type, what little I saw of it.
  • semi-controversial statement: the TV adaptations of Disney's canon films were more often than not more entertaining than the DTV sequels they churned out around the same time
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    True.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tre said:

semi-controversial statement: the TV adaptations of Disney's canon films were more often than not more entertaining than the DTV sequels they churned out around the same time

Both 101 and Patch's London Adventure had their merits
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-02-04 05:34:58
    Noted. One of Lars's bits from Patch's London Adventure still enters my head occasionally even now: "Oh, fickle bird of inspiration! To what pastures have you flown?!"

I'm primarily talking stuff like The Legend of Tarzan and Aladdin, here. (Also TaleSpin, though that one is more like official Jungle Book fanfic than anything that could be set within the actual film's universe, unlike The Jungle Book 2, which might've made it to theaters but nevertheless was still forgettable enough that it can still qualify for the DTV pile.)
  • hell, even now it's still kinda true

the Cars Toons with Mater are significantly more enjoyable to watch than Planes, and in certain respects outdo the actual mainline Cars 2

(I feel like that's probably the power of brevity at work, though-- Mater's character is generally better suited for shorter comedy bits than carrying an entire narrative)