Big internet critics I have no interest in watching

Mysterious Mr. Enter
Confused Matthew
Yourmoviesucksdotorg
That one asshole who guested in Todd's Black and Yellow video, that guy is a piece of shit
PeanutButterGamer

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I literally know nothing about the first guy except that he makes a fairly widely watched show whose name escapes me; and I know absolutely nothing at all about the third and last. The second sounds like a bit of a twit, and the fourth is one of those minor TGWTG people who did something I don't care about.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    why does anyone watch any internet critics
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I feel like Mysterious Mr Enter would work better as a blog or something.

Like, ostensibly he's doing the Nostalgia Critic thing where he talks about a show while playing clips of it, but to dodge copyright bots he uses exceedingly short clips in a loop and talks over the audio the whole time. You can basically listen without actually watching and not lose anything.
    So, it's basically a podcast with minimal clips? Weird.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I feel like Mysterious Mr Enter would work better as a blog or something.

Like, ostensibly he's doing the Nostalgia Critic thing where he talks about a show while playing clips of it, but to dodge copyright bots he uses exceedingly short clips in a loop and talks over the audio the whole time. You can basically listen without actually watching and not lose anything.

That's how SFDebris does things, and I do like him.
  • I credit yourmoviesucksdotorg for introducing me to the wonder that is Cool Cat Saves the Kids, but other than that and vaguely knowing about PBG by way of JonTron I have no idea who any of these people are.
  • why does anyone watch any internet critics

why does anyone watch any internet critics

I think Kyle Kallgren gave a very astute answer to this question in his rather elaborate Melancholia video. In a nutshell, video reviews are enjoyable to certain people because being able to see the face or at least hear the voice of another human being expressing their opinions on something feels more like a conversation. The opinion isn't being dictated to you (generally), but explained. It's a reassuring medium for a lot of people, which is incidentally why its fans can be so rabid and weird.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I don't like listening to people talk, with three exceptions, so perhaps that's why I don't get it.
  • edited 2016-02-01 00:34:46
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I do like listening to people talk, but I HATE video critics.
  • Whether I hate the person depends on their style and content.  If they're matter-of-fact and talk about things that I am familiar with and provide meaningful content, I might find them interesting.  If they're overly caustic or overly hyped-up, or if they're talking about things I'm generally unfamiliar with in ways that I don't understand, then I probably won't find them interesting.