How many Microsoft Excel files are out there with two blank spreadsheets?

In Excel 2013, a new file contains only one spreadsheet.

In all the older versions, a new file contained three spreadsheets.

You just know there's gotta be a massive number of old Excel files out there that still have the blank Sheet2 and Sheet3 in them because, let's face it, none of us ever cared enough to delete them.

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i've never actually thought about this but i only delete those if i've used them for something and subsequently decided i didn't need them, i'm pretty sure
  • i never knew this so probably every assignment I turned in for high school computer class

incidentally, the place where i started using TVTropes regularly.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Man, people'd come in to my store and be all "I gotta print this spreadsheet" and I'd think "all three sheets?" but then realize nope, only the first has anything in it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Who goes to a store to print spreadsheets? Are there really that many people who work with Excel but don't have access to a printer at home or work?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    probably?  doesn't seem that odd to me

or maybe their printer's broken
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-01-21 04:52:32

Who goes to a store to print spreadsheets? Are there really that many people who work with Excel but don't have access to a printer at home or work?

Post-Google Docs? These people definitely exist.

(I know because I am one of them-- if with Word instead of Excel-- and as much of a pain in the ass it is to deal with printers, not having one in college is even moreso.)
    "my printer broke!" is the usual excuse.

or else "the ink is too fucking expensive"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Consumer printers are notoriously unreliable, or at least they were 10 years ago when I actually bothered with them

I have the luxury of being able to print things at school, so I do that whenever I can

I can't imagine inkjet printers have gotten any better since 2007 or so though
    My printer's lasted five years or so, although I don't use it much.

I've been told most printers don't last more than 2-3 years.
    I have an all-in-one and honestly I use the scanner way more than I use the printer, and even then I don't use it that much
  • kill living beings
    probably like nine in ten