Beauty and the Beast takes place in France

2»

Comments

• kill living beings
    Don't understand what?
  • baldanders hashtags post
  • edited 2016-01-13 04:07:09
    kill living beings
    "Freaks Create Progs Occupy" is a slogan of... I think reactionaries? I dunno, one of the menagerie of irrelevant groups. Probably also has libertarians and gators.

The idea as I understand it is that most people, or progressives ("progs"), normal that they are, only control things without doing anything original, whereas freaks, like whatever group it is saying this, utilize their oddity to actually produce things. Which is good, unlike the controlling.
  • Oh ok.

and I guess the implication is that the Illuminatus! books are mainly enjoyed by people who see themselves as uniquely enlightened in a world of ignorant non-actors?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Yes.
  • edited 2016-01-13 04:12:09
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Also no progs are freaks.

All progs are normies, just like how no feminists are gamers.
  • edited 2016-01-13 04:14:34

I find it kinda strange that the sorts of people who are convinced that they have distinct knowledge that makes them more effective/superior people, regardless of what that knowledge is, almost always use it mainly to feel smug and superior as opposed to trying to teach others
  • kill living beings
    I get the impression that they would make terrible teachers. Not out of smugness or anything, just a legitimate inability to communicate facts.
  • that's a reasonable assumption, but you'd think they'd try more, y'know?

I guess this is just because I oftentimes feel the great desire to, and frustration with my inability to, articulate my own weird and esoteric mindstates/feelings
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    AC does suck. I'm almost always disappointed with what it does with history.

And yeah, most of the game is built around climbing and parkour, which makes the pirate thing weird on paper. But it works really well in execution.

Consider: a pirate ship is a really fun thing to climb.
    Consider: pirate ships have ropes to swing around on.
    Consider: You swing from the ropes on your ship on to their ship and kill the fuckers.
  • edited 2016-01-13 16:11:43
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    edit: never mind
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I have been mildly interested in those books, and have stopped giving the slightest shit what any of these people have to say about anything.

Could someone please give me a perspective on these books that's not "We hate them because these people like them?" Thank you very much if you can.