AND YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET BACK THERE

Do you remember the black room that was situated between the corners of 4th street and 5th street yet belonging to neither? Do you remember that flickering flickering door that you opened you opened it you put your hand through the lock and became the key and you opened it? Do you remember you scream as your face peeled back to reveal the bones beneath? Do you remember the flickering flickering door laughing at you mocking your scream that you made when your face peeled back to reveal your bones, flickering? 

Do you remember becoming static as you flickered through the door and your bones from your peeled-back face turned to noise in the howling screen? Do you remember the room? Flickering flickering, all black on all sides, white writing on the walls that no one could read? Do you remember beholding the room with your eyes, flickering, as they rolled around in your skull, as it dissolved into noise in the howling screen? Do you remember seeing your teeth fall out one by one, flickering as they hit the floor and turned into more red noise and sank into the howling screen of the void behind that door, flickering flickering?

Do you remember that your eyes became your bones became your peeled-back face became your body became your clothes became your feet became the room became the door, flickering flickering? Do you remember that you flickered, flickering flickering, and that your flickering flickered into existence as a black room of howling void and noise, between the corners of 4th and 5th street, yet belonging to neither? Do you remember watching the you that became the key become the key, as he or they or she became a peeled-back face became a mess of dissolving bones became your body became your feet became the door flickering flickering flickering again? 

Do you remember that you're never going to go back?

Comments

• kill living beings
    Um, no.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later than night, you were lying, looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar;from the landscape, and you think to yourself, "Why is it that the landscape is moving, but the boat is still?"
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    woah
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I think you would really like Ligotti's more surreal stuff. Maybe Steve Rasnic Tem, too, when his ideas get truly batshit. Even the odd, poem-like repetition is there.
  • Sredni I am sorry, I know you like Ligotti a lot, I just cannot bring myself to read something written by him.

It's a moot point anyway given how rarely I read actual like, books.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Jane said:

Sredni I am sorry, I know you like Ligotti a lot, I just cannot bring myself to read something written by him.

...why?

I really do think you would find some of his stuff interesting. Mainly stories like "The Greater Festival of Masks", though, or maaaaybe "The Nightmare Factory", because you seem to really dig weird settings.

But I get the whole situation of not reading much given your location and aversion to reading longer stuff on computer screens.