Star Wars Question

Many aspects of the edited Original Trilogy are controversial, but where do you guys stand on old Sarlaac vs new Sarlaac

vs

latest

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it's a vagina dentata either way
  • kill living beings
    Hm. The new sarlaac has better effects, but I'm not thrilled about the obvious worm head. I'm going to have to go with old sarlaac.
  • im a new sarlaac man myself
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Old.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    my gut says old but that may be nostalgia talking
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    it's a close call imho
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Adding more tentacles was a good idea, but adding the beak-worm wasn't. It's close, but I have to go with old Sarlaac.
  • MetaFour said:

Adding more tentacles was a good idea, but adding the beak-worm wasn't. It's close, but I have to go with old Sarlaac.

• We can do anything if we do it together.

MetaFour said:

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I prefer the old, but eh.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Giving it a worm mouth makes it look like its mouth is the worm-mouth, and the pointies are roots or rocks or something.  And, like, it has tentacles from its body underneath its worm-head poking up through the sand.

Having no worm mouth makes it look like the entire thing is a terrible, gaping maw of teeth and feelers, like it is the mouth of some unfathomably huge creature.

In other words, the new one looks like it is in the sand landscape, the older one looks like it is the sand landscape.

• My dreams exceed my real life
    latest
  • edited 2015-12-22 02:01:14
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Well, crap.

Izzat a baby growing out of its left-hand leg?  With the same little belly-scales?

If so, then the thing can reproduce, which is terrifying.

Also, eep.  Not gonna sleep tonight, I guess.
  • edited 2015-12-22 02:03:11
    My dreams exceed my real life

When a male sarlacc, who starts off much smaller than a female made contact with a female, the male attached himself to her in a parasitic fashion. He gradually became larger as she became smaller. After several thousand years the female is digested into oblivion and he becomes the equivalent size of her, replacing the area where she once existed. The male then injected sperminto the spore production sac. Afterwards, the melded couple released the fertilized spores, which could leave theatmosphere and travel long distances through the Galaxy to other planets. Because of this fantastic ability to propagate, the species' point of origin was never accurately determined. Once the spore settled down, it attached itself to an organism and sucked blood from it to feed itself. After detaching, it developed into a more mobile larva and was able to hunt and consume prey.

As it grew, the voracious larva would eventually challenge larger creatures. If the sarlacc larva was consumed by a bigger creature, the larva would kill it and eat it from the inside, assuming its consumer had swallowed it in more or less one piece. During this stage, it developed into a large worm-like creature with many tentacles and a beak-like maw. Eventually, the larva would dig itself into a pit, growing roots to anchor itself in the ground while it grew into a full sized sarlacc, becoming largely immobile and more plant-like. The roots also functioned to absorb additional nutrients from the ground as a precaution against shortages of prey. A larger mouth formed around the beak, which became more like a tongue.

• edited 2015-12-22 02:14:21
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Well crapsickles.

Nice knowing you, Star Wars Galaxy.

It was terrifying enough when it was THE Salacc in THE pit of Carkoon.  Inexplicable like Yoda, or Jabba THE Hutt.

(when I was a little kid I thought that all the aliens in Star Wars were humans of some sort.  Yoda was what happened when a person got old and wise, Jabba was what happened when a person got extremely greedy and gluttonous and fat, and so on)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    it sounds like a cross between a Deep-Sea Fangly Fish, a chestburster, and a Triffid. :O
  • MetaFour said:

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    What kills a Sarlacc?
  • Anonus said:

What kills a Sarlacc?

this was an ancient Jedi koan that went unanswered for thousands of years

then came the death star
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Poison it with Carbonite?
  • With this

And this

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    MetaFour said:

This. It's scarier if it's literally just a big evil hole-mouth in the desert, at least to me.