What was your personal favorite trip to McDonald's?

At this point, I am just wondering what is or isn't a valid topic

Comments

• i dont think they are differentiable
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    when they had the Super Mario Bros. 3 Happy Meals, back in the day

nothing McDonald's does will ever top that
  • they also had Sonic mini-games at one point.
  • I actually like going to the McDonald's near my house cuz they have wi-fi and free touchscreen consoles.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

when they had the Super Mario Bros. 3 Happy Meals, back in the day

nothing McDonald's does will ever top that

I don't know, their Mr. Peabody & Sherman tie-in was some boss-ass shit
    did Mr. Peabody & Sherman have a Goomba that would do a backflip? I think not
    well, no, but it did have Mr. Peabody
    quiet, you

quiet, you

NO

YOU DID NOT

i'm sorry, but this reference and its ubiquity are supremely annoying
    I like that reference.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    The first time Homer travels back in time, he was originally supposed to state "I'm the first non-fictional character to travel backwards through time". The line was later changed from "non-fictional" to "non-Brazilian". Groening was confused as to the reason for the change, since he liked the original so much. In fact, he did not even understand what the new line meant.
    I do admit that the original line would've been better.

I like that reference.

It just comes up damn near every time somebody mentions Mr. Peabody, and I am sick of it.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Definitely gonna have to pick that time my family went to the McDonald's in Berea, Kentucky at like 11:30 at night back in June of 2010.

It was super late but the McDonald's is right off I-75 so the place was as busy as any average McDonald's during the day with fellow Interstate travelers. That whole trip felt almost magical, because it was such a spur-of-the-moment thing...there was no planning ahead of time; my sister's friends from Georgia just called and they're like "wanna meet up in Kentucky?"
  • i still dont know how one discerns one trip to mcdonalds from all other trips to mcdonalds
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

i still dont know how one discerns one trip to mcdonalds from all other trips to mcdonalds

Basically what I'm saying is that the trip to McDonald's that happened in the middle of a fun road trip was more fun than the usual uneventful trips to McDonald's.

Which might be a bit Captain Obvious, but I have vivid memories of it, so...
  • now that makes sense
    Now, somewhere on the interstate in New York, not too far from Albany, there's a rest stop with a McDonald's that you have to walk through a tunnel that goes over the road to get to.

Back in prehistoric times, my family would eat there on road trips and it was my favorite rest area ever
  • there is a mcdonals my the capitol building that is in a former bank and inside there used to be this massive, story high bronze fountain abstract sculpture thing
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    my favorite trip to mcdonalds was probably the one after a week or so repairing a house in appalachia because i was super hungry
  • Calica said:

my favorite trip to mcdonalds was probably the one after a week or so repairing a house in appalachia because i was super hungry

did you pass a wind temple on your way there
  • When we're on our way to visit mum's sister and family, and we stop at the McDonalds and Mac leaps onto us and crushes us with his body weight.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    That time when they had a thing you could crawl around in that had an inexplicable hole in it not connected to a ladder.

They stopped having it, because there was an accident, which is gonna happen when you have that inexplicable hole.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    this thread came at a weird time for me

there was one time i went with friends from uni and they were putting Mario toys in the happy meals so of course we got those

they were little mushrooms that made the sound effect when you pushed a button on the underside

that was fun
  • BeeBee
    edited 2015-12-18 19:32:29
    I'm pretty sure the only thing that would influence how not-awful a trip to McDonalds is would be how much I liked the Happy Meal toys, or if my parents splurged and got me an ice cream.