ATTN Gamers

F2P, Pay-to-win, Day One DLC, vestigial campaigns or multiplayer, and padded out games are all a logical result of referring to things as "Content".

Comments

• the words shape the reality
  • edited 2015-12-02 17:56:54

In its essence, any art that relies on words makes use of their ability to eat away—of their corrosive function—just as etching depends on the corrosive power of nitric acid. Yet the simile is not accurate enough; for the copper and the nitric acid used in etching are on a par with each other, both being extracted from nature, while the relation of words to reality is not that of the acid to the plate. Words are a medium that reduces reality to abstraction for transmission to our reason, and in their power to corrode reality inevitably lurks the danger that the words themselves will be corroded too. It might be more appropriate, in fact, to liken their action to that of excess stomach fluids that digest and gradually eat away the stomach itself.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    We didn't create this monster.

We were just compelled to feed it.
  • edited 2015-12-02 18:02:36
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    gamers are dead.

long live content consumers
  • this is now a Mishima thread
  • MachSpeed said:

We didn't create this monster.

We were just compelled to feed it.
    The second line doesn't match the music.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    What music?
  • "we didn't start the fire"
    "it was always burning since the world's been turning"
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i admit i thought of that, too
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Same.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I didn't, because I have better taste in music
  • I didn't, because I have better taste in music

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.wav