I watched most seasons of Desperate Housewives when it was airing

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ...I watched the first one. It was pretty funny but it went downhill fast later.
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-11-25 23:51:22
    I'll admit, its original timeslot pairing with Grey's Anatomy still makes me think of the two as a unit in the case of DH since my folks were really into Grey's back then and it would be the lead-in

Beyond the basic idea, the name of the setting (Wisteria Lane) and the fact that Eva Longoria (maybe) was in it I don't recall very much about it, though
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-11-25 23:53:10
    also Vanessa L. Williams, though I had to think about it and make sure it wasn't just memories of Ugly Betty bleeding over
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Yes, the days when ABC didn't suck as hard as it does now
    A housewife who is part of a scandal-ridden circle of local suburban wives and mothers is murdered. Things unravel. It's like a soap opera but, at least initially, was more self-aware and darkly comical.

After a while the intentional silliness began to be superseded by the unintentional.
    yeah DH seems like one of those once-popular shows that gradually discredited itself, like ER did
    seriously ER was on for ages and now nobody even remembers it
  • Anonus said:

seriously ER was on for ages and now nobody even remembers it

you remember the time the neurosurgeon started his hand on fire while he was cooking
    no
  • I'm trying to remember how he lost feeling in his arm

I think it got chopped off my a helicopter and he had to get it reattached?

idk
    I remember that one ER episode where everybody was locked in a conference room and they're talking and one guy admits to getting it on with a teenaged maid when he was eleven.

I'm pretty sure I remember more of Grey's Anatomy.
  • wait, I may have gotten things mixed up and like the episode before someone got decapitated by the helicopter? fuck
    Grey's Anatomy seems to be handling age much better than ER did
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    how desperate are the housewives
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Isn't Desperate Housewives narrated by a ghost? Or was that some other show?

Isn't Desperate Housewives narrated by a ghost? Or was that some other show?

Yup. Murdered lady is the snarky narrator.
    she committed suicide
    I think that's what everyone thinks but she was actually murdered? In any case there is a bit of a mystery plot early on. It's been a long time so the particulars are hazy but the tone is clear in my mind.