Prestige TV

I feel like popular culture has been inundated with it, and it has replaced reality garbage as any struggling cable network's easiest way to fight for relevance.

And I feel bad about being disengaged with it. Even Marvel is on this train!

Comments

• What is prestige TV?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    it's shows that have Quality
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Anonus, be like me and be hateful and resentful, instead of sad you're not interested.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

What is prestige TV?

TV that you can only watch when you meet certain requirements. For example, to watch Stardust Crusaders, you need to take 10 levels in the Joestar class, and have 8 points in Knowledge (JoJo).
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

What is prestige TV?

Critically acclaimed series of the sort specialized in by HBO and FX and AMC
  • (and, increasingly, Netflix)
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Anonus, be like me and be hateful and resentful, instead of sad you're not interested.

I've had problems with being either or both of these things at various points, but I've slowly come to realize that ignorance is an option. You two need to learn that at some point yourselves.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I was being sarcastic.

I think to a degree, taking the attitude that not liking something is probably your problem is healthy. Sometimes you have to be willing to admit that you're not getting something in order to really be open and try to appreciate it.
  • What is prestige TV?

TV that you can only watch when you meet certain requirements. For example, to watch Stardust Crusaders, you need to take 10 levels in the Joestar class, and have 8 points in Knowledge (JoJo).
    i lol'd

And I know this was a joke but to some extent it actually makes sense, such as in how Excel Saga doesn't make much sense until you're familiar with anime tropes.
  • edited 2015-11-25 23:37:44
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I apologize for reading your post too seriously there.

FWIW, I do agree with what you just said.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    aaaaaa why do you do this thing where you talk about stuff like 'prestige tv' and just expect that i'll know what you mean
  • anyway, Anonus, don't feel bad for not enjoying something, it's your taste and you shouldn't let it be dictated by the opinions of others

I like some shows in the genre but as a whole I find that I get a lot more joy out of watching Cartoon Network and the niche of TV-PG shows it's been gathering since Adventure Time, which is fine because that's just my preference
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Why does anyone here do that?

Jargon is useless unless everyone agrees on a definition and it comes into use organically. There are definitely examples within this community, but sometimes people insist on using their personal terminology or secondhand professional argot like we're supposed to know what the hell they're talking about. Smart people being stupid, m'aidez!