The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I wonder if Hassan i-Sabbah actually said that thing.

It seems like a weird thing for a Muslim extremist in the 12th century to say.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i deliberately mangled the quote, but you probably knew that

here's an early instance of it in English (1835 translation of 1818 German text), where it appears as "Nothing is true and all is allowed".

idk tho, i mean it does seem anachronistic
  • edited 2015-12-02 19:40:28
    My dreams exceed my real life
  • Noun

crud ‎(plural cruds)

1. Dirt, filth or refuse.
    2. (figuratively, by extension) Something of poor quality.
    3. Mixed impurities, especially corrosion products in nuclear reactor fuel.
    4. A heavy wet snow on which it is difficult to ski.
    5. (euphemistic) Feces; excrement.
    6. A contemptible person.
    7. (slang, US, military and students) venereal disease, or (later) any disease.
    8. A fast-paced game, loosely based on billiards or pool, with many players participating at the same time.
  • "crud" is a femculine noun because masenine nouns have a %5555 ending
  • The division of these herders is such that the earth-weight of the glint is concentrated in the shambling krenshaw of the opposite wickedness.
  • Hey look buddy, I'm en angineer.
  • Imagine I have a bottle.  Actually, a large supply of bottles.  An endless supply.

These bottles contain only two things each.  When I lift the top off, the bottle says "FUCK".  Then when I shake it once more, it says "YOU".
  • Causal analysis is *cracks open bottle* FUCK *and shakes it* YOU

Causal analysis is analysis of a *cracks open bottle* FUCK *and shakes it* YOU

Causal analysis is analysis of a cause-and-effect *crackes open bottle* FUCK *and shakes it* YOU
  • if I guillotined these bottles all at once then I would hear a crowd of "FUCK"s

the s goes outside of the apostrophes since it is not part of the string that is being pluralized
  • then I could throw all the bottles into a landfill and then they'd all say "YOU"s
  • edited 2015-12-03 00:16:24
    You's the boost to get through!

You's the brake!

*does a winter-salt*
  • plancking is a new hobby of some scientists
  • edited 2015-12-03 00:17:20
    Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    DON'T TOUCH THE BRAKES OR YOU'LL KILL MY DESIRE

• edited 2015-12-03 00:17:23
    Zeether said:

DON'T TOUCH THE BRAKES OR YOU'LL KILL MY DESIRE

stop naming your pet bacterium "desire"
  • mpfruub
    the uu is a long u sound

vuuduu?
    is it vuuduu?
    VUUDUU!
  • I am an ti-anti-weeaboo
    I am a nti-anti-weeaboo
    I am a NTI-anti-weeaboo
  • a dose of bar bay is called a barbados
    a dose of zap is called a zapdos
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    a giant robot that tosses things with a barb is called a barbatos
  • a giant robot that tosses things with a barb is called a barbatos

no, it's a giant floating mage enemy in a black cloak with a variety of powerful spells
  • edited 2015-12-03 06:27:20
    tbh that might be where they got the name for the Rogue Legacy enemy lol

no actually it's a demon name
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbatos
  • hence, Madoka Kaname is often used as a symbol of the adjudicated male in the face of bureaucratic autonomy
  • without which the ever-changing clades could not be revisited by Faulkner et al. (2012)
  • Without a thorough treatment of entrapment theory, however, the tenements of the hypothetical scenario remain unbastardized.
  • In the past four decades, LULC change detection has obtained great attention
  • In the past four decades, LULC change detection has obtained great attention

yes, someone really wrote "obtained great attention"
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    citation needed
  • citation needed

the first paragraph of Lu, Li, & Moran, 2014: "Current situation and needs of change detection techniques"
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Luli
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    get a luli morans
  • edited 2015-12-04 14:52:04
    "Sometimes the line between salvation and damnation is a mighty fine one."

"I no longer knew which side I stood on."
  • edited 2015-12-04 22:24:46
    My official public position on #gamergate, when trying to not start a flamewar:

Both sides have misbehaved and the whole thing is a messy, highly politicized, long-running flamewar that anyone who actually cares about ethics in videogame journalism should no longer associate themselves with.

My unofficial public position on #gamergate, when I don't care about having a flamewar:

1. "SJWs" consist of some idiots on various sites but they have a point.
    2. You're mischaracterizing feminism by saying that feminists are pushing for women to be above men.
    3. See, this whole damn bullshit #gamergate business was all about culture-warring anyway.  It was an excuse to lash out against change in the world of gaming, and social commentary on said world of gaming and on hardcore gaming's bad habits and on how hardcore gamers likes to make their hobby out to be an exclusive boys' club (and that's separate counts of "exclusive" and "boys'").  No, it's not necessarily intentional, but y'all ought to be willing to take a step back and think of the consequences of your actions to people outside your fandom.  Yes, people who aren't gamers are calling you out for being douchebags.  Because many of you douchebags.  Yes, those of you who casually sling around trash talk and language about sexual assault and racial slurs and other jerkwad behaviors.  And think that it's okay to do stupid shit on the internet as long as you can get away with it.  Don't be surprised when someone tells you that you're douchebags.
    4. So what if Anita Sarkeesian acts like an idiot?  If this were really about video game journalism, Anita Sarkeesian would be irrelevant and you'd be going after Electronic Arts and Ubisoft.
    5. Anything that's associated with Breitbart is bullshit until proven otherwise.
    "SJW" is really darn vague, like yeah some of the people being described as such are saying silly things, but often just expressing a normal feminist or otherwise SJ activism-related opinion is sufficient to get you dismissed as an SJW
    Gamergate would go away if we just silenced the insight wankers so they'd stop running PR
    also their going after Sarkeesian was an early overt sign that they were just out to attack feminists, seeing as she wasn't in any way connected to the supposed scandal they titled themselves after
  • I'm really starting to get sick of the hate for "SJWs".

Yeah, some people argue things badly on the internet.  The things they argue for happen to be social justice causes.  So you (general "you", referring to SJW-hater types) hate them for it, and now you shit on them everywhere and strawman anyone who espouses what are reasonable causes only because some idiots have tarred said causes in your mind.

Well, great, you're doing no better than they are.  No, you are the demons.  And then, like the people he hated so much, John became a zombie.
    Insight Wankers refuse to take a stance on stuff like the Baltimore riots because they are above "tribal politics", but they feel the need to defend their imaginary version of nerdculture from invading judeo bolsheviks cultural marxists progs.

Fucking morons.
  • People argue badly on Tumblr.  Whoop-dee doo.  People argue badly on the internet all the fuggin' time.
  • i am pretty sure that if i posted on an anime forum that i'm not interested in watching legend of the galactic heroes it would be considered trolling
  • "constitute"

taht's the word iw as looking fo
  • edited 2015-12-05 19:12:14
    I think I didn't enjoy the game Home that much because I was basically accustomed to having my emotional experience led by non-textual cues (such as music, lighting, visuals, intensity of the action, etc.), with the text elaborating on the specifics atop a fundamental understanding of the narrative, while Home's primary feature IS the text, specifically using it to create a space for multiple possible interpretations depending on one's choices in the game, and leaving room for those interpretations, while visual cues and player-character movement play a supporting role.

I might have another copy of Home as a gift, actually.  They were going for way cheap back then, like $1 a pop.  So, I should figure out who is really into the textual storytelling of games, before gifting it away.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    posting this here because nobody actually cares to see me raging but:

why the fuck do people tag "food" as something to be blacklisted on tumblr??
  • because some people dont want to see food?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

posting this here because nobody actually cares to see me raging but:

lots of people have eating disorders
  • The number of times CS:GO has been suggested is enough to cover us until the end times, and then some.

...sorry, I just came up with a clever line using the phrase "end times" to describe this, and I just had to use it somewhere.
  • posting this here because nobody actually cares to see me raging but:

cuz back last year when we would often not have food in the house for a week or two at a time I did not really wanna see a hi-rez photo of someone's spaghetti dinner.
  • low effort high impact disruption
  • The extent to which I am okay with SJWs is about the same as the extent to which I am okay with people who hate on SJWs.
  • "If You Can Dream" from the Disney Princesses music is a good song.