Wisdom

edited 2014-03-19 12:02:31 in General
"In late 1980, when I had the opportunity to shake Tezuka Osamu-Sensi's hand, I thought to myself, 'Wow, the hand of a cartoonist is so soft and fluffy!" Also, When I shook the hand of Oyama Masytatsu, sensei of Karate, my reaction was, 'Whoa! So he actually smashes bottles and stuff with these soft hands..." And so I decided that all "Experts" must have soft hands. 

"It's something that was given to me, but I have a swimsuit calender hanging on the wall of my workplace. In short, I have 12 pictures of girls in bathing suits in my office. Nothing naughty. But anyways, every time the month changes, I have to flip the page to the next girl, and somehow, that makes me feel incredibly melancholy. 'Goody bye, September girl. I guess we'll never meet again.' That's how it makes me feel. And then I *flip*, and think, 'Wow, October's not bad either!", and that makes me think of how I'm already betraying the September girl... So, what I'm trying to say here is, that a year goes by really quickly."

"Recently, I've been thinking a lot about 'numbers'. For example, 'money'. Though everyone thinks that it's better to have a lot than a little, it seems like once someone gets too much of it, they become burdened with it. This also applies to that wonderful, beneficial invention of cars- too many of them, and they become an inconvenience. Bad for the atmosphere, too.
And us humans? I believe that each individual life is important of course, but if one day there existed a country with more than ten billion people... That's a scary thought."

"I love horror movies more than eating a good three meals a day. The cheaper they are, the more B-rated they are, the more I love them. I watch these movies with the utmost respect for them, and their cinematic vision somehow gives me a sense of ease.
However, There are some elements of horror movies that I can never agree with:
Number 1: Whenever one of the characters try to call someone on their cell phones, they either have no service, or they've run out of batteries.
Number 2: Even though the character only has a limited number of bullets, they get trigger-happy during the worst times and then they run out of bullets later.
Number 3: When the camera slowly zooms in on a main character's back, but when he or she turns around to look behind him or her, no one is there. What's the point of using that camera technique if no one is there?! I can't forgive this. I always want to tell them to go and redo the damn scene."

I know that it's a wonderful event, but I never thought the academy awards would nominate anything decent. When Clint Eastwood's "Unforgiven" was nominated, I was really happy, and I couldn't even sleep, always snickering under my bed covers. It wasn't like he was someone close to me, Nor would it do me any good, so what is it that makes me so happy?

"Fans" sure are such a strange type of people.

Workplace Observation Diary Part 2
Out on the Balcony, we have a small flower garden, and all these stray cats keep coming by to poop in it. We were like, "Get the hell out!", and so we decided to use some herbicides in the garden so the cats would go away, but just when I was sprinkling the herbicides, the lady who lives nearby was like "You shouldn't use herbicide, it'll drive away all the cat!" Umm... how did you know what was happening? The balcony is on the second floor! Are you some kind of crazy cat lady who can talk to cats? Scary.

Comments

• kill living beings
    deep
  • I really do need to read more of JJBA.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Kexruct said:

I really do need to read more of JJBA.

How far have you gotten?
  • Not even past part one. I read it for one day and just sorta fell off the wagon hard.
    "Heads up to all the young people out there. Stop climbing trees as soon as you read this. However, ignoring my friendly wisdom is even more dangerous. Policemen are already looking for you. Especially throughout the Tokyo city center. I know, I know, climbing trees is just too damn cool to give up. But, consider the following: The moment you relinquish your tree-climbing desires is the moment you avoid falling on your ass and looking like a complete buffoon stuck in the hospital. Dislocating your pelvis, scraping your knees, or kicking the bucket can be just the beginning. Furthermore, your mental health comes in question the second your foot encounters bark. Now, a special message to any of you crazies reading this advice while hanging out on a tree branch, 'RETURN TO EARTH!' I understand you wish to defy gravity and the natural order of the entire planet, but climbing trees is the wrong way to do it. Hopefully, this message inspires every one of you to come to your senses and discover new found respect for your own well-being."
    "I could stay depressed about my bad memory, but that's a negative way to live. Let's look on the bright side and list the advantages of having a bad memory.
    (1) You can reread a book and see a movie over and over and enjoy it as much as the first time.
    (2) If you make an inconvenient promise, you can pretend that you forgot about it and still be forgiven.
    (3) This is the most important thing: you can keep coming up with ideas without being held back by convictions or the past."
    "The most frightening thing that ever happened to me was when I experienced hail for the first time. As a child I never heard of this mysterious phenomenon of "hail" falling from the sky. One day I was playing in an open field when the sky suddenly turned black and a ton of ice cubes, like the ones I put in my Calpis Water, started falling from the sky. I remember thinking, "It's the end of the world. I'll never lie to my parents and I'll never pick on my little sister."" 
    "In my entire life, I've only seen a ghost once. It happened a few years ago when I traveled in England. I stayed in a hotel that used to be an old castle. It was only eight o'clock, but I was exhausted, so i want to bed early. A few minutes after I lay down, a woman came out through the slightly open bathroom door. I saw that there was blood on her wrist...The female ghost floated across the room. Standing beside my bed, she looked down at me with a blank expression. I thought to myself, "I'm seeing a ghost! I thought I has no psychic powers!" Then the next moment I thought, "I'm really sleepy... I don't want to deal with this right now." As if she knew what I was thinking, the ghost's expression turned to sadness, and she slowly disappeared."
    I went to Italy to do some research, and there was something that I found a bit strange: their policemen. Policemen in airports or jails carry machine guns. This made me wonder if things were pretty dangerous, but then I saw policemen wearing capes and carrying swords — the old-fashioned kind that soldiers in the past used to carry. And then I thought, do they use both the swords and the machine guns to fight against evildoers? The more I use my imagination, the more intense the battle seems to me in my mind.
  • What about Courage and Power?
    What about Courage and Power?
    371a413dada1bf3e1d4ebbc63d942442.jpg
  • ...I'm impressed.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Reviving for great justice.