My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Image-Heavy)

Comments

• Spike's existence is suffering. Working under the heel of a patronizing bookworm, in love with a woman who can only see him as a kid, forced to remain underpowered or become something he hates.

Better that he is a dog, that he does not have the intelligence to ponder his plight.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Eh, considering that Spike's adult form in the "Cutie Mark Chronicles" flashback looks very different from his adult form in "Secret of My Excess", I figured there's multiple ways for a dragon to mature, and they don't all involve him becoming a mindless brute.

This should probably go here:

Bad news for anyone who ships Twilight with...well anypony, really.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    the flash seems tweenier than usual here

and of course twilight's not gonna get with a girl

...she didn't have her wings there, either
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    She did in her pony form, but it seems like none of their human forms have wings.

Unless I just didn't look close enough.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    MetaFour said:

Eh, considering that Spike's adult form in the "Cutie Mark Chronicles" flashback looks very different from his adult form in "Secret of My Excess", I figured there's multiple ways for a dragon to mature, and they don't all involve him becoming a mindless brute.

Considering there are already several dragons who, while somewhat jerkish at best, aren't mindless brutes, this seems reasonable enough.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Finally saw the Equestria Girls trailer. It actually looks pretty intriguing...kind of a reverse of that one Homestuck fanart that shows the kids and trolls entering Ponyville. :lol:
    I don't think I'm too interested in it, even if it is the only animated FIM content we're getting for a while...

That said, I should read the comics...
  • The fact that the movie will be impossible to follow because the
    dialogue will be drowned out by the deafening cheers of a legion of
    grown men delighting over their favorite ponies finally being blessed
    with canonized tits and miniskirts isn't the only reason a My Little
    Pony movie is a disaster waiting to happen.

Cracked found out about Equestria Girls and made an article about how terrible it will be when bronies and little children end up in same theater.

They actually got the premise of the movie wrong (they claim that all the ponies become rainbow people while Twilight's the only one that goes in the portal), so yeah, this isn't Cracked's best moment.
    Seeing as how apparently not looking forward to it is a bad thing, I'm going to articulate what about it (going by the trailer) does not appeal to me. The animation looks kinda crappy, FIM itself has gone downhill, and school settings don't interest me that much.

Those probably aren't very good reasons, but still.

My Little Pony Equestria Girls is an upcoming animated feature film starring characters resembling the main cast of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic in human form. The film's synopsis reads "When a crown is stolen from the Crystal EmpireTwilight Sparklepursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet... high school. With the help of her new friends who remind her ofPonyville's ApplejackRarityRainbow DashPinkie Pie, andFluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds."

That's...pretty disappointing, actually...

• edited 2013-05-19 17:37:33
    Pizza Dog
    Friends are kind of like batteries in that way, so long as the new friend you made is in someway comparable to a friend that you've made before, just plug-in that power-source friend right and everything is A-Ok.

And to think, a joke was made to the effect a while ago.

• Anonus said:

Seeing as how apparently not looking forward to it is a bad thing, I'm going to articulate what about it (going by the trailer) does not appeal to me. The animation looks kinda crappy, FIM itself has gone downhill, and school settings don't interest me that much.

There's actually a vocal part of the brony coalition (no, don't use coalition; it's too good a word for them!) that's strongly against the movie, if Cracked comments are correct.
    >insult towards Jehovah's Witnesses

You know I have family members who are Jehovah's Witnesses

I feel bad for them whenever I read any sort of potshots at them

You'd think all they did was offer copies of the Watchtower

Anonus said:

There's actually a vocal part of the brony coalition (no, don't use coalition; it's too good a word for them!) that's strongly against the movie, if Cracked comments are correct.

I think there are quite a few Bronies who are against it for the wrong reasons. I would say Anonus's reasons are reasonable enough, however. 

I'm becoming more skeptical of the film as I learn more about it,honestly. One of the things I liked about FiM is the main character DIDN'T have to worry about school because they're adults. The fact that everyone but Twilight is just an expy is also a downside. Not too keen that Spike is a dog.

Anonus said:

>insult towards Jehovah's Witnesses

You know I have family members who are Jehovah's Witnesses

I feel bad for them whenever I read any sort of potshots at them

You'd think all they did was offer copies of the Watchtower
    Jehovah Witnesses are pretty damn nice as far as I've encountered. That being said, they're VERY concerned about the devil and his machinations on earth and I'm not a huge fan of some of their Bible interpretations or dogma, but they don't really deserve all the hate they get.

...Why is this in this thread? :P
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Come to think of it, the animation did look kind of off in places. There's a choice "Good, Twilight, you look kind of cool!" moment right after she comes out of the portal as a human.

So, if I understand the plot correctly, Twilight basically takes over the body of an existing human and there's some sort of world where all the ponies have human counterparts.

I wonder if that means human!Twilgiht actually changes places and has to deal with being a magical horse.
    That would be kinda cool, actually...

Also, I noticed the antagonist seems to dislike Twilight because said antagonist's brother starts showing interest in Twilight...

• edited 2013-05-20 23:19:33
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Are you implying the antagonist will destroy Twilight and steal her fiancé, booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere?

Oh god, I hope so.
  • So, that's what that song sounds like.

That could be worse.

I quite like that piano line, and, well, everything from 0:44-1:35

It must be tapping into my affection for songs about mental obsessions.

So in this universe, is Luna like...the Vice Principle who tries to get kids to participate in after school activities, lost her shit when turn out was low, made it mandatory until Principle Celestia put her on an extended suspension? 

Discord could be like...the cool Science teacher who's classes are thinly disguised attempts to get kids to blow shit up.

Chrysalis is like...one of those obviously too old people who are infiltrating school as a student for some convoluted reason.

And King Sombra is like the hard-ass superintendent...I don't know...fuck that guy.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.

Are you implying the antagonist will destroy Twilight and steal her fiancé, booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere?

Stop having awesome ideas. XD

Also, I totally wound find it great if Human!Twilight was turned into Pony!Twilight. If only cause it'd make a great 4th season of MLP:FiM.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yarrun said:

I quite like that piano line, and, well, everything from 0:44-1:35

That's the best part! :D
    Yarrun said:

It must be tapping into my affection for songs about mental obsessions.

I know, right? It's weirdly engaging to get a look into a mind like FIW!Twilight's, somehow.
  • edited 2013-05-20 23:48:30
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Justice42 said:

So in this universe, is Luna like...the Vice Principle who tries to get kids to participate in after school activities, lost her shit when turn out was low, made it mandatory until Principle Celestia put her on an extended suspension? 

Discord could be like...the cool Science teacher who's classes are thinly disguised attempts to get kids to blow shit up.

Chrysalis is like...one of those obviously too old people who are infiltrating school as a student for some convoluted reason.

And King Sombra is like the hard-ass superintendent...I don't know...fuck that guy.
    King Sombra is boring

Anyway I would probably like to attend Discord's classes, provided I were safe

But it's too bad that your interpretations are too cool to be likely to be true

I was going to say Cadence can be the home ec. teacher, but realized that would be a pretty horrible idea when I could make her the band director. 
  • edited 2013-05-21 15:23:29
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Or..."music director" since that would also cover choir.

Discord is banned from all music related activities for causing "excessive distractions", most of which are Pinkie Pie related because she has the attention span of a goldfish, yet is the reason the band has a pile of trophies.

...why am I suddenly writing a FiM High School, AU?

...Trixie basically spends all year preparing for the talent show and is getting more and more pissed off because no matter how much she prepares, Pinkie always just walks on stage with an entire Band's worth of instruments, simultaneously plays them all perfectly and basically obliterates every other competitor from sheer musical talent. 

...Oh god, it's started! 

A thought occurred to me that Earth ponies seem to be more likely to be in the Entertainment industry or just better at Entertainment. Pinkie of course, but Photo Finish and Sapphire Shores are also Earth ponies.

Also, Applejack does a lot of rodeo. 

I guess Rarity has her fashion shows, but it's usually set up for her and she just needs to make and pick outfits.

Also, I'm guessing it's hard for a non-unicorn to do what she does because having magic has got to make it easier.

...I hope you all enjoy my musings on ponies. 
  • edited 2013-05-21 19:38:42
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Great, now I'm wondering how Les Moonves would look as a pony

I wonder how Tara Strong felt about that

Also no DC Nation for me, no more pay TV here :/

I wonder how Tara Strong felt about that

I'm glad this was mentioned.

I was going to be very disappointed if it wasn't. 

Friday finished season one.

"Best night Ever" was her favorite, mostly because she got to watch Fluttershy unravel into madness.

I just read the first comic.

There's a little too much time spent trying to shoehorn every recognizable pony into the background.

Other than that it was like the great authors of the past where exhumed and brought back to life to write the best My Little Pony story ever.

I'm onto #3 and HOLY CHRIST did it just go to a dark place.
    I still need to get #3 onwards :\
  • Read what now?

Oh my God, you can tell this thing was written by and for nerds.

Read what now?

The comics.

It's what happens when nerdy bronies with skill are given license to create new stories.

So far they are things of beauty and wonder.

Though, going on my earlier comment, there's often a little too much going on in each page, but every thing else has been a joy.
  • Links.

I would, but lets just say Googling "My little pony comics" then a word that begins and ends with a "t" has assisted me in acquiring them.

Though, apparently the vol. one Graphic novel is coming out in July. I'm not sure I cannot not own this when it's easier to collect.
    Justice42 said:

I would, but lets just say Googling "My little pony comics" then a word that begins and ends with a "t" has assisted me in acquiring them.

I guess I could do it that way, though honestly I like having the comics as physical objects.

I technically have the money now to go pick up the next couple...though I wanted to buy a new mattress first. Maybe next paycheck?