Crazy Taxi: Queen City

edited 2014-03-30 00:29:47 in Roleplay & Games
Because what better way for a monarch to entertain herself on a Saturday night than to speed around town in a beat-up old taxi she bought with taxpayer dollars? :D

Obligatory music:

And tell you what, first three passengers get their ride free, because I am literally the Element of Generosity!

Comments

• edited 2014-03-30 00:31:09

The Offspring?!?!?!? YOU MONSTER.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The kind who wants to stay faithful to the video game she's completely ripping off, of course
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Ooh!
  • Seems there are a lot of places named Queen City.  Clearly this should be the superposition of ALL of them.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i thought you were the Element of Magic

if you're the Element of Generosity what's Anonus?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ok, fine, I was lying to get people to ride in my taxi

I thought if I made myself look generous they'd be more likely to want to tip me!
    Come on, SOMEBODY must be in need of transportation

I'm going to fall asleep if I just stay parked in this no-parking zone all night
    i guess i am in need of transportation

since i don't drive, and there are no buses in Gensokyo
    Yay! *starts the car up again*

Where to, boss?
    the Royal Bullion Depository

no particular reason
    I see no reason to question that!

*cuts across all four lanes and turns the wrong way down a one-way street*
    *covers eyes with hands*
    Oh, come on!

I bet you want me to be all careful and drive like someone's granny

Doing things like "using turn signals" and "stopping at red lights" and "not trying to race a freight train"

People these days
  • Morven said:

Seems there are a lot of places named Queen City.  Clearly this should be the superposition of ALL of them.

I was thinking of Charlotte, myself
    *stops the car, gets out, carefully places crash-resistant water-filled traffic barriers around the nearest phone booth*

There! Now Tachyon can ride in peace. ^_^
    of course nobody can actually get in and use the phone now, but it's a necessary tradeoff
    i can deal with this

very few people use them nowadays anyway
    They're a bit more popular in Centralia than other countries because all the magical energy in the air can interfere with wireless phones at times

(I just made that up on the spot and I don't even know if it makes sense)
    reminds me of Harry Potter a bit

electronics go haywire around Hogwarts due to magic in the air
    Oh hey, I remember that now

I always wondered why cameras seemed to work fine

(I'm sure some explanation was given for that when I wasn't paying attention)
  • -waves-

TAXI
    *stops the car*

WHERE TO, TRE-MAN?
    it was either a magical camera, or a modified camera to work off magic

similar to Mr. Weasley's car

that's not in the books, but iirc JK addressed it in an interview
  • edited 2014-03-30 02:39:53

Tachyon said:

reminds me of Harry Potter a bit

electronics go haywire around Hogwarts due to magic in the air

i always thought this was the most bullshit thing

not sure why exactly though

it just seemed sloppy/lazy to me
    i thought it was kind of interesting because in Fantastic Beasts there was a creature that fed off both magic and electricity

so magic is something similar to electricity that displaces it, that's kind of cool imo
    What's especially bizarre is that I wouldn't have even questioned cameras had the films not depicted Colin Creevey's camera with what is quite clearly an electric flash

Because a camera itself isn't actually electronic; it's just a thingy that lets some light shine on some film
  • I need a ride down to Kuh-mart, stat

They're closing down and doing a fire sale on Vita games!!!!!!
  • It was actually pretty late that cameras got any electric stuff in them at all.

And most of the time the only thing was a small battery for a lightmeter and its associated indicators.  Most cameras before about 1975 had no electronics at all.

Flashbulbs and flash cubes (remember those?) were electrically triggered but that was it.  But it was a chemical flash, burning magnesium etc.

And those are sometimes still used; e.g. caving photos.  A big flashbulb emits so much more light than an electronic flash, and for a much longer period.

The camera itself is an Argus C3, which Wikipedia tells me was produced from 1933 to 1966, so that gets a pass

I suppose it's possible that the flash was triggered by magic...
    But anyway! To Kuh-Mart it is!

Also wherever Tachyon wanted to go, I've already forgotten!
    The Royal Bullion Depository!
    Ah, yes, right!

*loops around the same block three times because she has no idea where she's going*
    can this lil guy come along?

Sure, why not? We could always use more cute animals in our ugly old taxi! ^_^

By the way, do either of you know how to drive a car?
    in my case, only in theory

and the duck can't reach the pedals
  • my mom forced me to do it against my will once

but other than that experience, nope
    So neither of you would happen to know what it means when this little needle is pointing to the letter "E"?
  • Call me crazy, but I think that means we're out of fuel...
    Well, that kinda puts a damper on things.

...How do I fix it
  • get some of this stuff called "nitroglycerin" and pour it in there
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Add this.

*hands gunpowder, grain alcohol, brown sugar, cocaine*
    Hahaha, guess who's back!

Anyone need a ride on this fine Saturday night?

What better way to get around than in a rather loud 1999 Ford Crown Victoria P71 driven by a narcissistic monarch?
    for some reason this seems like perfect joyride music:

Prince Anonus! Hop in!

Where do you wanna go?
    Wherever Alicorn is headquartered!
    You want a ride all the way to Colerain, eh? Most people would just take a train, but eh, I'm not going to turn down a paying customer!

(What, did you think I wouldn't charge you just because you're my husband? :P)
    how much do you want?
    I shall give you the Princely Discount

Thus you will only be charged in cuddles ^_^
    aww