This is still the funniest obviously-staged stock photo

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    what's funny about it
  • edited 2017-11-12 06:20:48
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

The part she's holding would be really hot if the soldering iron were plugged in, right?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    MetaFour got it, yeah.
  • UUUUUUUGH

HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT MISTAKE

AND NOBODY CATCHES IT
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-11-12 06:48:22
    But while we're on the subject, here, I'll just leave this here

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Bee said:

UUUUUUUGH

HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT MISTAKE

AND NOBODY CATCHES IT
    Both the model and the photographer have no idea how to solder and just assume you hold the damn thing like a pencil, I guess.
    oh
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-11-12 07:08:18
    Like, I can understand if random people on this forum don't get it because you may not have used a soldering iron before.

But stock photos like that are primarily designed to promote technical fields to potential customers who presumably have an interest and most likely a degree of knowledge already, and yet inevitably they never go past the eyes of anyone who actually works in the field they're trying to advertise.

It's like if I was trying to do a promo for the local Cabela's, but I had the rifle scope resting right on my eye.  Basically anyone who's ever been or even spoken to an actual hunter would look at that and cringe hard enough to dislocate their jaw.  And then you probably lose business because you advertise being a moron.
    well, I like her purple shirt, at least.