"Please save the Christmas stuff for December"

Short answer: NOPE! 🎄🎁🎅

Long answer: Even if I wanted to wait until the start of the Christmas season...the Christmas season does not start on December 1st. It starts the day after Thanksgiving.

It's only a few days' difference, but it bothers me. Asking me to wait until after Thanksgiving seems reasonable to me (even if I probably won't do it), but asking me to wait until December 1st just strikes me as someone trying to ruin my fun.

Comments

• edited 2017-11-06 16:33:36
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Christmas season is December 25th-January 6th. :|
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    how about not doing Christmas stuff at all?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That would mean no visit from Anonus, which is no good 👎👎👎
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    can't Anonus come visit another time
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

The Christmas season is December 25th-January 6th. :|

I was going to say this, but, well.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

can't Anonus come visit another time

He does, but the Christmas visits are magical
    The first time I ever traveled by airplane was to visit Anonus for Christmas

It was amazing

I bought him the 101 Dalmatians books even!
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Let's face it, Christmas season starts as soon as Trick Or Treat is over.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Or, for the grown ups, as soon as the Halloween party hangover clears up.
  • Eh, I don't mind like... a bit of Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving, Like merchandise in stores is good, and a Christmas song or Christmas movie here and there, and decorations going up.

What bothers me is when it's like... all Christmas all the time everywhere right after Halloween. (Like Hallmark Channel showing nonstop made for TV Christmas movies starting at the end of October and thus not showing Golden Girls reruns in the morning. Or when the radio station I listen to starts in on nonstop Christmas music earlier than I'd like instead of like... easing into it and playing a couple Christmas songs per music block then switching to all Christmas on Black Friday.)

Just don't be a Linda Belcher and put up a real Christmas tree the day after Halloween.

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Hmm. If the Christmas season is December 25th-January 5th (why did i say 6th up there, the 6th is epiphany), and Advent starts on the 4th Sunday before Christmas, clearly the commercial leadup should be called Decoration season.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Vriska said:

Golden Girls reruns in the morning

I think I saw this on the guide on TVLand?

Hmm. If the Christmas season is December 25th-January 5th (why did i say 6th up there, the 6th is epiphany), and Advent starts on the 4th Sunday before Christmas, clearly the commercial leadup should be called Decoration season.

Really, given the time we actually celebrate the Christmas Season, it's more like we're celebrating the third trimester of Mary's pregnancy than Jesus's birth.
  • something something when does life begin something something abortion something something
  • also let's just go back to celebrating yuletide and put jesus's birth on another day because he wasn't actually born on december 25 anyway
  • what if instead of calling it a generic name "holiday" which is what the "keep christ in christmas" folks usually complain about
    instead, just call it yuletide

ORIGINALISM, BABY

*reverts calendar to start from 3114 BC
  • vtk said:

Vriska said:

Golden Girls reruns in the morning

I think I saw this on the guide on TVLand?

Yeah, TVLand has it some mornings. And some afternoons. :)