The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    ILLBLEED said:

2002 MN said:

You'd voluntarily live more than five miles from the site of your birth, you'd join a protest of your own free will, you question authority, and your problem is with the second, rather than first, amendment.  Those are all normal-person things I simply cannot understand.

IS THIS YOU????
    Nope.  I'd never mutilate a book like that.
  • H.H.R. 10101 Statement In Support Of Coffee
    G. Harvey: Nay

H.H.R. 10102 Statement In Support Of Labor Unions
    G. Harvey: Yea

H.H.R. 10103 Statement In Support Of The Metric System

H.H.R. 10104 Statement In Support Of Macintosh Computers

H.H.R. 10105 Statement In Support Of Cinnamon Pizza
    G. Harvey: Abstain

H.H.R. 10106 Statement In Support Of Human Trafficking

H.H.R. 10107 Statement in Support of Almond Ice Cream
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I should sincerely hope the "nay" vote on human trafficking would be unanimous, at least among the people on HH

If not I'm going to take serious issue
  • idk sometimes you just want a cute guy to traffic you, y'know
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    When I was a kid, I thought "human trafficking" was traffic involving vehicles transporting people, as opposed to "cargo trafficking" or "animal trafficking".

But, in any case, I still would have voted nay.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

traffic
  • edited 2017-10-11 03:10:26
    2002 MN said:

When I was a kid, I thought "human trafficking" was traffic involving vehicles transporting people, as opposed to "cargo trafficking" or "animal trafficking".

But, in any case, I still would have voted nay.
    I think it takes everyone a bit of time to figure out that these words have secondary meanings that don't necessarily make much sense with their first meaning.

Like, I was wondering what being placed in a franchise restaurant had to do with the right to vote.

And I thought a Portuguese man-o'-war was a sailor from the Iberian peninsula.  (I knew it was also a jellyfish, but it turned out to me that "man-o'-war" actually refers to a ship, not a sailor, nor necessarily masculine.)

And of course people involved were not happy about the Diet of Worms, but it wasn't about their food.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    who puts cinnamon on a pizza???
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    heretics
  • edited 2017-10-11 05:02:02
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    imageimage
  • who puts cinnamon on a pizza???

It's probably a sweet pizza, not a savory one.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *Princess Meredith sees a human baby for the first time* Aww, it's a lowercase person!!
    Given Rick and Morty's origins it's kind of hilarious to see Dan Harmon complaining that McDonald's bringing back the Szechuan sauce was "unlicensed" and "without permission"
  • kill living beings
    did he actually? because... that makes no sense?
  • kill living beings
    that's ridiculous and unpleasant.
  • edited 2017-10-11 13:47:42
    I mean, they didn't just bring back the sauce, they were giving away posters with cartoon characters in a Rick and Morty-esque art style and stuff. I don't think it's a stretch to call it an unlicensed tie in. And I mostly got the impression that Harmon wouldn't have cared if it hadn't been such a disaster?

Basically, everything about this scenario was stupid.
  • kill living beings
    okay, that's less ridiculous. but still pretty ridiculous given that it was a mcdonalds thing to begin with, and rick and morty has tons of parodies and bla bla bla

szechuan gate is not my favorite
    the sriracha sauce is better anyways (i assume)
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Honey mustard or bust.
    I got a letter suggesting I make an appointment for a cervical screening today. Which is just kinda darkly amusing.
    Hah.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    The most ridiculous thing really is that they only had like seventy packets in literally all of Los Angeles
  • edited 2017-10-11 14:18:54
    Calica said:

The most ridiculous thing really is that they only had like seventy packets in literally all of Los Angeles

Yeah that's the thing. McDonald's either drastically underestimated the demand, or deliberately created a shortage because they were already planning on bringing it back again in the winter. So while focusing on the "unlicensed" angle is a little weird, if I were involved with Rick and Morty I'd be pissed at McDonald's too.

On the other hand some of Harmon's replies later in that thread were very out of line.
  • kill living beings
    yeah i'm not like... sympathetic to mcdonalds

i think harmon is (apparently) an asshole. mcdonalds sucks generally and now too. people who drove for hours to get shitty sauce product are nuts. fuck it fuck it fuck iiiiit
    Real life is a lot like fiction sometimes, in that there are situations where nobody comes out looking good.
  • edited 2017-10-11 14:27:48
    Algebra said:

Basically, everything about this scenario was stupid.

• kill living beings
    jah
    Ironically (or perhaps not), this would make a hilarious episode of an adult-oriented cartoon.
  • kill living beings
    it would

like, the episode premise is rick does whatever weird shit to get some of it, right? you could have the multiverse ricks all follow along and swarm stores dumbly so that rick can't get any himself
    What does it mean when your body feels stupidly hot despite the room temperature being normal?
    Spontaneous human combustion.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Apathy said:

it would

like, the episode premise is rick does whatever weird shit to get some of it, right? you could have the multiverse ricks all follow along and swarm stores dumbly so that rick can't get any himself
    Mr Meseeks, go get the szechuan sauce

who puts cinnamon on a pizza???

It's probably a sweet pizza, not a savory one.
    that just raises further, more disconcerting questions
    i figured Harmon probably had a point but i read those replies and wow, dude's an asshole
    Some pizza places sell dessert "pizzas". Are those not a thing across the pond?
    Oh Dan Harmon's an impulsive prick

And the worrying thing is he's the balancing, level-headed one on the Rick and Morty team
  • edited 2017-10-11 15:12:27
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    A pizza is not a dessert, no.
  • Ironically (or perhaps not), this would make a hilarious episode of an adult-oriented cartoon.

That's basically the first bit of 'The Fried Chicken Flu' from Boondocks. Hell, some of the second and third bits too.

Some pizza places sell dessert "pizzas". Are those not a thing across the pond?

if they are they've escaped my notice
  • kill living beings
    california i live like one state away from you and i've never heard of a "dessert pizza"

what the fuck is that
  • edited 2017-10-11 15:14:50
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    You realize this is going to be my answer the next time everyone freaks out over pizzas with corn on them or w/e
  • The only place I've seen dessert pizza on the menu is dairy queen, never an actual pizza place.
    You have dessert pizzas, and yet barely any meat pies. What are you doing over there? :|
  • kill living beings
    i mean, pizzas are, fundamentally, pies

and one might naively think pies are desserts

but that's fuckin wrong
    It's a pizza crust but instead of sauce they put, like, cinnamon and frosting on it

It's not the greatest thing, but when you're stuck in the shack at a yard gate for a 12-hour shift and Domino's delivers, why not?
    Whenever someone says Dairy Queen, I end up thinking of Dairy Crest.

A pizza is not a dessert, no.

But it can be.
    Apathy said:

california i live like one state away from you and i've never heard of a "dessert pizza"

what the fuck is that

It's a pizza crust but instead of sauce they put, like, cinnamon and frosting on it

It's not the greatest thing, but when you're stuck in the shack at a yard gate for a 12-hour shift and Domino's delivers, why not?

You can just get a churro like a normal human being