The Common Adventures of Frankie Foster and Mercury-Vapor Streetlamp

edited 2012-08-30 00:33:03 in General
One day Frankie Foster was walking down West Third Avenue when she saw Mercuy-Vapor Streetlamp.

"Hi Mercury Vapor Streetlamp," said Frankie. "How are you this evening?"

"I'm about to go to Paramount's Kings Dominion," Streetlamp replied. "Wanna come along?"

"Well, I'm supposed to bring this pack of toilet paper back to the house, since Bloo wasted the last of ours baking toilet paper cakes," said Frankie. "But I've been trying to get fired anyway, so sure, why not?"

So the two Very Interesting Characters went to Paramount's Kings Dominion and got on a roller coaster.

"Here I go again on my own," said Mercuy Vapor Streetlap as the coaster train began its climb up the first hill. "Going down the only road I've ever known."

"Why do you build me up, buttercup, baby, just to let me down?" said Frankie Foster. But before Mercury-Vapor Streetlamp could answer, the rollercoaster went down the first hill and promptly got stuck on a broken section of track. Then park workers had to be called in to evacuate everyone, which was no fun.

So once again, the day is saved, thanks to the Paramount Parks maintenance crew!

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Mercury Vapor Streetlamp is a Whitesnake fan, I am disappoint.
  • Is Kings Dominion at all related to Kings Island?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yes; they were both opened by Taft Broadcasting Company in the 1970s and today they're both owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Kings Dominion even had H-B characters on the light poles in the parking lot in the pre-Paramount days, including several I'd never heard of (The Funky Phantom is the one that sticks out).
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I remember being disappointed when Cedar Fair axed all the remaining H-B and Nickelodeon themed rides and branding in favor of slapping Peanuts on everything.

Cedar Fair's other parks, like Cedar Point, had had Peanuts-themed areas for years at this point; apparently it's something carried over from Knott's Berry Farm before they owned that.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Does anyone give a shit about Peanuts at this point? Fuck you, MetLife, maybe you think you can squeeze a few more bucks out of them by appealing to nostalgia, but the rest of us are waiting for those fuckers to die so theme parks will start having Aaahh!!! Real Monsters rides and the family will sit down to watch Rocko's Modern Christmas on the 25th of December.
    BLASPHEMER
    $2000

for the next three people to post detailed reviews of this story
    typo in the first sentence 0/10
    Tatterhood: Excellent level of detail. $2000.01 sent.

Imi: "Mercuy" is a valid alternate spelling in Centralian English. F--. $1999.99 sent.
    Centralian English is stupid as fuck, then

Centralian English is stupid as fuck, then

You're just jealous that you don't have your own version of English to use to cover up your typos.
    STUPID AS FUKKKK
  • Mercury-Vapor Streetlamp
    Mercuy-Vapor Streetlamp
    Mercuy Vapor Streetlamp
    Mercuy Vapor Streetlap
    Mercuy Vapr Streetlap
    Mercuy Vapr Stretlap
    Mercy Vapr Stretlap
    Mercy Vapr Stetlap
    Mercy Vapr Setlap
    Mercy Vapr Setap
    Mery Vapr Setap
    Mery Vpr Setap
    Mey Vpr Setap
    My Vpr Setap
    My Vr Setap
  • Review of The Common Adventures of Frankie Foster and Mercury-Vapor Streetlamp

Characters: 7/10
    Frankie Foster is well-characterized but Mercury-Vapor Streetlap is not as well-characterized.  This is a bit disappointing since Mercuy Vapor Streetlamp is also a main character.  However, a streetlamp is easily characterized in general.

Setting: 2/10
    Kings Dominion is too far away from West 3rd Avenue, Columbus, Ohio.

Story: 4/10
    The "no fun" experience needs more details, but the rest of the story is fine.

Soundtrack: 5/10
    The hum of the air conditioner is relatively realistic, albeit not as exciting as a John Williams score.

Animation: 8/10
    Smooth scrolling provides fluid motion as one progresses through the story.

Overall: 9/10
    Would want to go to Kings Dominion.  Great customer service in event of emergencies!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    RIP Hanna-Barbera Land