Comments

• for a moment i thought they were hannah whitehouse and natalie blackstone
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    frigten
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    hannah and barbara are totally a couple
  • for a moment i thought they were hannah whitehouse and natalie blackstone

what
  • Jane said:

for a moment i thought they were hannah whitehouse and natalie blackstone

what
    The idea of "hannah & [something]" plus a pair of anime girls one of whom has long untied dark hair and the other with orange/brownish hair made me think of the lead duo from Futari wa Pretty Cure (We Are Pretty Cure), the first Precure series, whose dub names are Hannah Whitehouse and Natalie Blackstone.

Honoka has long dark hair and Nagisa has short orange hair.
  • wait

there actually ARE characters named hannah and barbara in LWA?

i thought this was a direct referene to Hanna-Barbera (whose spelling i had forgotten)

i guess those two characters are pictured

this realization brought to you by my reading centie's latest post
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The people who make LWA are fans of classic American animation, so the reference is definitely intentional.

There's also their classmate Avery, who is presumably named after Tex.
  • The people who make LWA are fans of classic American animation, so the reference is definitely intentional.

There's also their classmate Avery, who is presumably named after Tex.

Knowing that they're actually a pair of characters named Hannah and Barbara, yeah, the reference is almost certainly intentional.

Just that, before I knew that, I thought that that tag was just some random reference to Hanna-Barbera for a reason I wasn't personally familiar with but was probably some sort of in-joke from some other cartoon.