Are there any good U.S. theme parks that aren't owned by Disney, Universal, or Cedar Fair?

I ask because Elitch Gardens is boring, yet it seems to be regarded as A Local Institution

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    A lot of them are small, locally-scoped places like Camden Park in Huntington, WV, but there are bigger ones (Hersheypark in Hershey, PA comes to mind).
  • Busch Gardens Williamsburg was pretty fun from my memory.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Oh yeah I forgot about SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

What's Camden Park like? I wonder if @Odradek likes Hersheypark
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The only two theme parks I've been to are Kings Island, which I visited both under Viacom and under Cedar Fair, and Geauga Lake, which I visited back when it was Six Flags Worlds of Adventure. Cedar Fair bought the latter the following year and as far as I know it's been abandoned since 2007.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I think Meijer is trying to buy the land from Cedar Fair
  • Is Dollywood owned by Cedar Fair?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I admit there's something sad about seeing an amusement park that operated for 120 years being torn down to make way for a big-box store.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Anonus said:

Oh yeah I forgot about SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

What's Camden Park like? I wonder if @Odradek likes Hersheypark
    I haven't been there in years, but I remember it being fun when I was little. It's small, so it might be a bit underwhelming for people used to bigger parks.
  • Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk ;P
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Lagoon.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Hershey is fine, but Kennywood is better
  • is it true that you can pay for parking at kennywood and it's $5 for the whole day
    I do not know, because it has been a while
  • I remember going to Kennywood a few years ago but forgot that it was in Pennsylvania. I had just figured it was in Colorado because those are the two states I visit most often and stuff gets mixed up sometimes.

It was indeed like five dollars. The place was terrifying and I was certain I was about to die like at least eight times. I really wanna go back.
  • Hexartes said:

I remember going to Kennywood a few years ago but forgot that it was in Pennsylvania. I had just figured it was in Colorado because those are the two states I visit most often and stuff gets mixed up sometimes.

It was indeed like five dollars. The place was terrifying and I was certain I was about to die like at least eight times. I really wanna go back.

can you make this a yelp review of them please? Five stars obviously.
    Hexartes said:

I remember going to Kennywood a few years ago but forgot that it was in Pennsylvania. I had just figured it was in Colorado because those are the two states I visit most often and stuff gets mixed up sometimes.

I want to go back, because they changed the Noah's Ark ride so that you have to go through the mouth of a giant whale to get in
    Odradek said:

Hexartes said:

I want to go back, because they changed the Noah's Ark ride so that you have to go through the mouth of a giant whale to get in
    Doesn't that make it more of a Jonah ride?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I haven't been to Kennywood in probably about 15 years or longer

I guess it still exists
    It does

Did u kno that Old Kennywood is built to resemble the long-gone Pittsburgh Luna Park?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I did not kno
  • There's always Enchanted Forest around here, but it's definitely on the low end of things.
  • edited 2017-04-19 21:16:12
    > who owns Kings Island?
    > Cedar Fair

> okay, who owns Six Flags
    > Six Flags
    > oh okay

Six Flags
  • Jane said:

Hexartes said:

can you make this a yelp review of them please? Five stars obviously.
    I will have to get my computer fixed first because my phone doesn't hae enough room for anything right now but yes this is hilarious