In which I post comic pages

1235»

Comments

• I can't believe I'm being bullied on Heapers Hangout dot com
  • edited 2017-03-31 00:35:26
    kill living beings
    OK so, if people were unaware, an official Touhou book came out today, and is no shit called Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia, and that is in fact a joke about conway

given Previous Content this is less surprising than it might otherwise be, but it's still kind of a thing

but luckily it turns out to actually be pretty funny, as evidenced by these three images (the third looks the same, but the text is different)

just to ensure i have explained this joke into the ground, first it appears to be a satire of trump rewritten in touhou language, which i would mostly find uncomfortable. but the third image, which is aya's half-hearted correction after the fact, reveals that it is in fact an actual speech of the actual donald trump rewritten to sound touhou-y by aya. originally it was a dull speech about nutrition, but aya substituted the content entirely because she wanted to make shit up to sell newspapers. she has been doing this long before breitbart existed, making it in fact a classic tohojoke but with new relevance to current real life and an additional meta element, and therefore is Pretty Good.

plus these images are by minato hori, who despite the cute art usually but not here does gross plots i don't want to read, so that's cool
  • I don't know that 'Touhou gets political' is a thing I want in the world but here we are
  • granted I guess there has always been sort of that element or at least for a long time, just, not about politics that happen anywhere near where I live before
  • kill living beings
    First said:

Someone who once ruled over everything under heaven will make speeches on similarly big scale. The Human Village is boiling with excitement for this figure who declares loud and proud what ordinary fairies cannot say---.

This character, who fairies and humans alike have their eyes fixed on, is Toyosatomimi no Miko (currently a hermit). Maybe it is a habit from her time as a politician, but she has started to make aggressive statements about the critical situation that humans in the village are currently facing. "The reason I was not elected as an official in Gensokyo is that the system is corrupt! From now on as President, I will lead the humans to a better future!"

As you know, although the Human Village is self-governing it does not have a government. And that, she says, it the cause of its devastating misfortunes. The relationship between humans and fairies is approaching a new stage unlike anything seen before.

Second said:

Toyosatamimi no Miko's inauguration speech prompted a whirlpool of debate, dragging everyone in Gensokyo into the roiling waves. Her statements are all extreme, but one cannot deny that some of them hit their mark, which makes them so provocative. Here we present a few of them.

"Humans have their jobs stolen by illegal youkai immigrants".
    "I'm will build a great wall on the border of the Human Village. And I'll make the people with youkai connections pay for it."
    "The youkai coming from outside the village, they're no good. They are bringing a mountain of problems with them. Drugs, and diseases, and even XXX. And sometimes there are good ones, I assume, but that's rare."

Certainly, the Human Village Problem that Gensokyo now faces is serious. If the youkai meddling continues much longer, long-lived humans might disappear altogether from the village. There may be many who feel that this hermit is the one who can fix the situation.

Third said:

The photo in the article about Toyosatomimi no Miko was not manipulated, but compared to the photo the original article text was unexciting, and in order make it a bit more dramatic and "weekly magazine-like", we ripped off a weekly magazine article about the presidential election in the outside world. As a result, the contents became almost completely invented. In our desire to make the article exciting, we gave in to temptation.

The original text was as follows. As part of an awareness campaign directed towards humans, Toyosatomimi no Miko have been giving regular lectures. The topic of this lecture was "Healthy living for humans explained by a hermit".
    When the article talks about "President" it really means "Health President", and her quotes about "youkai" really referred to "very sweet candy".

"Illegal youkai immigrants are stealing our jobs in the Human Village" was "candy is taking over our food". [a pun on 職/食] All her other quotes were also talking about how eating too much candy is bad for your health. It was something like, you should store candy in a high place where children can't reach it, but really it was just too boring. In editing the text to make it more exciting and dramatic, we regret to say that changes to the meaning were introduced.

Minato Hitori. (2017). From Alternative Facts in Eastern Wonderland. (Hedgehog12, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Kadokawa.
  • kill living beings

i'm happy to announce that the saymen are at it again with the answer to Space Dandy
    Saaaaayman, Douuuuuman. (2017). How Many Light-Years to Babylon? (Psylocke Scans, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Akita Shoten.

not sure if this is continuing or if the third chapter is the end or what. i guess ending in three chapters would be weird though.

1. it is a serial. excellent.
    2. there's a demon girl and her name is Karellen and i'm lmao
  • kill living beings
    Ono, Haruka. (2016). Ms. Kiryu Doesn't Know What Love Is. (Hot Chocolate Scans, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shogakukan.

lady comicker made woke shonen but nobody bought it, so she switched to shitty harem comic she hates. but still put in a transwoman, and maybe considers herself asexual.

she's pretty relatable. (not re: being able to draw)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    at right: me whenever I have a crush on someone

at left: me whenever someone is interested in me
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

i'm happy to announce that the saymen are at it again with the answer to Space Dandy
    Saaaaayman, Douuuuuman. (2017). How Many Light-Years to Babylon? (Psylocke Scans, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Akita Shoten.

not sure if this is continuing or if the third chapter is the end or what. i guess ending in three chapters would be weird though.

1. it is a serial. excellent.
    2. there's a demon girl and her name is Karellen and i'm lmao
    that's definitely a lmao move
  • kill living beings
    Kobayashi, Kina. (2015). Nameless Asterism. (Hachimitsu Scans, trans.) Shinjuku, Tokyo.

Girl likes girl likes girl likes girl. CON-GRATS
  • kill living beings
    imageKuwaraba, Taku. (2016). Airborne Dragons. (EverydayHeroes Scans, trans.) Bunkyō, Tokyo: Kodansha.

Some weirdos hunt Dark Souls-ass dragons on a Ghibli-ass airship.

Then they eat them, so it's more Ghibli than Dark Souls
  • kill living beings
    One of those "high school girls do whatever" comics.

Tsubana. (2008). The Wandering of Girls' Group Nº 7. (Wonderland Translations, trans.) Minato, Tokyo: Tokuma Shoten.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    GLOOP GLOOP
    surprisingly relevant to this thread in general

the rare instance where the fourth panel saves the strip
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    You posted those in the wrong thread. :P
  • I did

oh well

this is their home now
  • kill living beings
    boy i haven't posted here in a while

well

i'm reading this comic "Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou" by yanamoto mitsuharu

it's about readers and writers of books, but the books in question are stuff like no longer human, so there are pretty much no interesting visuals

nonetheless quite good, makes me wonder what migraines are like
  • edited 2017-07-08 02:03:08
    kill living beings

originally this was about a dumb teenage girl walking to school, but now it's just a dumb teenage girl bein dumb

("Chingress" is pokemon go)

prolly fuck me up in counterstrike tho

Kawasaki, Tadataka. (2014). Chio-chan's Way to School. (#dropout, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Kadokawa.

also "high school girl who plays american FPSs" is a weird character archetype to be an archetype, but it also covers whatshername from dedededededededestruction
  • kill living beings
  • oh my God what is that from
  • kill living beings
    it's my life (imomushi narita)

which i thought i had already posted here, but no. oh well.

the author likes american music. there's a prominent character named kyuss
  • kill living beings

Hayami, Rasenjin. (2016). An Interstellar Voyage Fit For A Baron. (Shouganai Scans, trans.) Shinjuku, Tokyo: Shinchosha.

Haughty catboy has good taste in sci-fi.

same author as Guns and Stamps. Also I'm apparently running the Inane Comix Hour now.

originally this was about a dumb teenage girl walking to school, but now it's just a dumb teenage girl bein dumb

("Chingress" is pokemon go)

prolly fuck me up in counterstrike tho

Kawasaki, Tadataka. (2014). Chio-chan's Way to School. (#dropout, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Kadokawa.

also "high school girl who plays american FPSs" is a weird character archetype to be an archetype, but it also covers whatshername from dedededededededestruction
    hey I've not only read this but actually reviewed it (I think it's Okay)
  • kill living beings
    couldn't really find a good image so

satanic labrys

Mikamoto, Rei. (2017). Iron Ghost No Shoujo. (Dumbnut, trans.) Tokyo, Japan: Enterbrain.

does anyone else think it's kind of weird that there's like an entire specific parallel kind of manga art for horror? i think that's a little weird
  • kill living beings
    she boxes

Mizuguchi, Naoki. (2016). Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu. (Cyan Steam, trans.)  Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shogakukan.
  • kill living beings
    Been a while. Because comics are bad.

But this one about an attendant in a Chinese imperial harem... is good.

(flashback cut to)

Hyuuga, Natsu. (2017). Kusuriya no Hitorigoto. [translator not listed] Shinjuku, Tokyo: Square Enix.
  • kill living beings
    actually maybe it's a japanese imperial harem. hell if i know. i associate all the harem crap more with china, dnt the japanese emperor with being useless.

point is, experiments. also cacao is described as being from the exotic far west
  • kill living beings
    dieieieieieie

aharen is unfathomable

by

mizu asato

by

fallen angels
  • kill living beings
    tohojin, but this comic is palindromic. neat.

"reverse ideology" by "uu uu zan"
  • tohojin, but this comic is palindromic. neat.

"reverse ideology" by "uu uu zan"
    Oh No They Made Seija Attractive
  • also is this like out of order or something I"m having a hard time following it
  • kill living beings
    Its not out of order but the palindrome aspect hurts the comprehensibility a bit.
  • edited 2017-12-24 19:18:04
    kill living beings
    my favorite culture shock aspect of japanese comix is when they depict americans

kurosagi corpse delivery service introduced a new character. She's an American student of entomology. The crew meet her as she identifies the time of death of a maggot filled corpse (about a day ago, thus the maggots) while gushing about how fine the flies are. She speaks in a bizarre accent and constantly tries to get all of them to eat bugs, because she's under the mistaken impression that that's very common in Japan.

The artist stopped listening after "She's an American".

american chicks are hot and dress like this all the time

compounded with the fact that she's from a very specific place. little town in ohio
  • As an American I can confirm, I dress exactly like that
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Holy crap, Yellow Springs. I've actually been there multiple times.
  • kill living beings
    I'm guessing they went with that because there's a school there

Of course antioch college is a liberal arts college, so maybe not great for entomology. Actually kind of works since they're at a Buddhist college and someone comments it's a weird place for entomology as well
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    When I say "I've been to Yellow Springs", I mean I've literally drunk from the springs that give the town its name.
  • kill living beings
    You drank from springs named for their pissy water?
  • kill living beings

high sex joke density, but amusing

Shimimaru. (2014). Inertia 67 Percent. (MangaTranslation, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shueisha.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Those two are incredible and I hope they find love
  • edited 2018-03-11 13:25:14
    kill living beings

guy draws surreal comic about riding the subway to work while riding the subway to work

Zajirogh. (2014). RAPID COMMUTER UNDERGROUND. (Katyusha, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shogakukan.

being drawn on discarded newspaper or something makes it look cool
    It took me a moment to parse which direction I'm supposed to read the panels, because it wasn't immediately obvious to me that this one was originally in Japanese, heh.
  • kill living beings

most of the good panels are "spoilers" and/or dumb puns, so content yourself with this

Kumeta, Kouji. (2016). Kume Short. (Kicchiri Scans, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shogakukan.
  • kill living beings
    imageimage

TSUBANA. (2017). Alone in the Planet. Shibuya, Tokyo: Gentosha.