This symbol

It's called an H-Clair, and it's an essential part of sheet music notation.

It was invented by T.S. Clair in the 1940s.

Clair's daughter, Taylor Clair, founded Rules Publishing Ltd. in 1999.

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Next you'll be telling me famed political cartoonist Possey M. Dole didn't retire after the 2000 presidential election
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I really would like to know whence you came up with this.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I really would like to know whence you came up with this.

It was something I made up while playing with a Magna-Doodle when I was like 9

I was writing the letter H but I was holding the stylus in such a way that the magnet was close enough to still draw when I lifted it, and it made a shape that looked like that

So I made up a backstory for the new symbol I accidentally drew

I was a weird child
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you're still weird!
    And arguably still a child!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    who is T.S. Clair
  • Anonus said:

who is T.S. Clair

not T. S. Eliot, obviously
  • edited 2016-12-19 05:48:37
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

who is T.S. Clair

The inventor of the H-Clair and...not much else, really

I named him after T. S. Eliot
    My brother always called this a kite
    Post in this thread by 8:47 PM EDT on Thursday, May 10, 2018 for a free coupon. Support the H-Clair!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i'm just here for the coupon
    so, in musical terms, what does the H-Clair indicate? use humbucker?

so, in musical terms, what does the H-Clair indicate? use humbucker?

You know how there's a treble clef, and a bass clef?

Now imagine a new kind of clef, and call it Marty.

That's kind of what an H-Clair would almost be like, if it were.
    right, right, I get it
    The offer has expired. Calica, here is your free coupon:

$5 off any pair of CAT EARS with $20 purchase

Imi, here's your coupon:

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE cute bras, cup size J or higher

Yay!