The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Are you getting paid while your thumb heals?

The injury did happen on site.

I mean, I plan to return to work, since I can still do tasks that don't involve my left thumb.

I do want them to pay the medical bills though.
  • kill living beings
    it's incredible how badly i fucked up this cream sauce. the neighbors smelled the miasma in the air and called the fire department. the fire department has a station right nearby so they just took one whiff of the air and one look at the desaturating environment around my kitchen and called the cops. the cops wanted more firepower so they brought the national guard. the national guard called a priest. the priest said he didn't do exorcisms but referred us to a nice guy who did, so he flew in and looked at the place and started praying. an angel appeared, a horrible creature of acid and metal. it began to speak, "Fear not", but choked on the second word and disappeared again. soon, descending from the heavens came a hand, the indescribable and awesome hand of God Herself, and even now this hand is visible outside my window, flipping me off
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you lead an interesting life.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Typing on a tablet with only one thumb is annoying
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Are you getting paid while your thumb heals?

The injury did happen on site.

I mean, I plan to return to work, since I can still do tasks that don't involve my left thumb.

I do want them to pay the medical bills though.
    how can you get them to pay your medical bills?
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    Vriska said:

Boney said:

Vriska said:

I wonder if @Boney and I currently have cleanlink.

The links were fun.
    Sorry, i was getting groceries, the dirtiest activity of all
    Oh no! not the dreaded GROCERY SHOPPING.
    Ever since i discovered my love of cooking I actually like groceries. Its just a bit of a walk carrying the groceries and i feel gross after

Also, *gnaws*

Welp. Smashed my thumb in a machine at work.

Currently at the urgent care awaiting medical treatment.

Hope you recover quick
  • work was pretty good

apparently if my manager sold his entire MTG collection he could retire right now
    I would do that
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

work was pretty good

apparently if my manager sold his entire MTG collection he could retire right now

Wow.
  • kill living beings
    fuckinggggg computers

also despite my previous post the potatoes turned out okay, though the sin of the onions is quite apparent
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    The love... the smell of love in these onions is so strong...!
  • Hiding in the bathroom at work to avoid owning up that everything I touch breaks
  • On the plus side, my fringe has grown back after being cut too short.
    Update: talked to the temp place without any hassle

I need to go and fill out papers this afternoon but that's about it

I actually watched this video for the first time and...immediately recognized it was filmed in Columbus!

Among other things, the street sign at 0:08 appears to be mounted in the Columbus style, and the trash cans throughout the video match ours, down to the address numbers stenciled on the front.

...I mean, it was pretty trivial to look it up and confirm that this was Columbus, but it was neat to recognize my hometown.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Tumblr Marxists: Remember, Social Democrats killed Rosa Luxemburg. We can't trust a movement that is so willing to utilize the purging of dissidents

Tumblr Marxists: What the fuck is with all these fucking liberals tarnishing the perfect record of the Soviet Union and Chairman Mao?
    The Heathcliff cartoon would be a variety show

Featuring Heathcliff, the Garbage Ape, Sweet Cuppin' Cakes, and Compu-Toon
    Garbage Ape should have his own show
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    I wish I could hate anything as much as Hunter S. Thompson hated Richard Nixon

I wish I could hate anything as much as Hunter S. Thompson hated Richard Nixon

No you don't
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    kind of do, actually
    Odradek said:

We'll remember you forever Eddie
    Thru' the sacrifice you made we can't believe the price you paid
    For love

Little Eddie Mitty born in Jersey City
    Started singin' when he was five
    Never knew his father mother didn't bother
    To catch his last name fast as he came

He was off and flying
    Times were really trying
    Eddie and his mother alone
    Soon another mister soon a baby sister
    Mama kept swingin' and Eddie kept singin'

Ah ya ya ya ya ya
    Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya
    Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya
    Ya ya ya ya for love for love

And now the tragic story
    Eddie's sister, Mary Louise, needed an operation
    To get the money he would have to become an overnight sensation
    Eddie believed the American people
    Had wonderful, lovegiving hearts
    His well publicized end he considered would send
    His memorial album to the top of the charts... and it did

Chorus

When a young singer dies to our shock and surprise
    In a plane crash or flashy sports car
    He becomes quite well known
    And the kindness he's shown has made more than one post mortem star
    Well you did it Eddie and though it's hard to applaud suicide
    You gave all you could give so your sister could live
    All America's choked up inside

We'll remember you forever Eddie
    Thru' the sacrifice you made we can't believe the price you paid
    For love

I saw this movie almost a year ago, and this song has not left my head since
    IJBM: "Mama"

"Mama" is how you spell what babies say. If you're over the age of 3, it's "Momma".
    Central.
  • kill living beings
    Lol what
    I guess I just don't understand the reasoning behind spelling it phonetically like that? It looks dumb.
  • counterpoint: actually, spelling it with an o looks dumb
  • edited 2016-07-21 22:48:42
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Spelling generally reflects pronunciation, at least historically. I mean, otherwise, "rough"? How about "wrought"?

^ It looks wrong to me, and I see it very rarely to begin with. Maybe it's a dialect pronunciation thing?

Spelling generally reflects pronunciation, at least historically. I mean, otherwise, "rough"? How about "wrought"?

^ It looks wrong to me, and I see it very rarely to begin with. Maybe it's a dialect pronunciation thing?

latest
    As someone who thoroughly incorporates eye dialect into his writing

What is the difference between "Mama" and "Momma"?
    See, here's my thinking: babies don't actually say words, they just make sounds. So if they're going "mamamamamama..." it makes sense that you'd spell it as just some syllables.

But if you're old enough to say "momma" on purpose, like...why wouldn't you spell it as an actual word? You wouldn't spell "mommy" like "mami"...
    It shouldn't matter either which way, as prompted by the fact that variations in pronunciation due to dialect are a thing, and that you're literally comparing people who speak differently than you to babies. There is no functional different between a British mum, and me almost-eliding the second m.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Those are two different vowels, though. The vowels in "bomb," "father" and "clause" are different sounds.
    Okay, I didn't explain myself clearly enough, evidently: There's little point to these discussions, in my experience, when more often than not people get what you're saying.
    I feel like I'm not allowed to express mild annoyance with things anymore without people acting like I'm being unreasonable

What is wrong with having a preference for one spelling and strongly disliking the other?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

But if you're old enough to say "momma" on purpose, like...why wouldn't you spell it as an actual word? You wouldn't spell "mommy" like "mami"...

Have you genuinely never seen the word mammy?
  • edited 2016-07-21 23:13:49

Ghostbusters was good aside from several of the very awkward HEY THIS IS A REFRANCE TO THE ORIGINAL moments

That's pronounced with a different vowel, though

"Mama" and "Momma" are homophones
  • I feel like I'm not allowed to express mild annoyance with things anymore without people acting like I'm being unreasonable

What is wrong with having a preference for one spelling and strongly disliking the other?
    it's b/c you sound like a stand-up comedian doing an IM SO ANGRY OVER THIS PETTY THING routine

I feel like I'm not allowed to express mild annoyance with things anymore without people acting like I'm being unreasonable

it's b/c you sound like a stand-up comedian doing an IM SO ANGRY OVER THIS PETTY THING routine
    I do?
    Ghostbusters, now that I remember you saying you were going to watch it yesterday, is increasingly sounding like solid "with friend(s)" material to me. Even more after that comment, heh. That's good to know though.
    I dunno, sometimes it's weird to me that more people don't seem to rage about minor things
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

That's pronounced with a different vowel, though

"Mama" and "Momma" are homophones
    Not where I come from they ain't.
    How is "mama" any less of a word than "momma"?
    Anonus said:

How is "mama" any less of a word than "momma"?

"Mama" is a word.

It's just a really annoying word that, again, looks infantile to me.
  • Mama, just killed a man...

Ghostbusters was good aside from several of the very awkward HEY THIS IS A REFRANCE TO THE ORIGINAL moments

I kinda liked Slimer's reappearance
  • Mama, we all go to hell.