on the media

a weekly, one hour NPR program that has won Edward R. Murrow Awards for feature reporting and investigative reporting, the National Press Club's Arthur Rowse Award for Press Criticism and a Peabody Award for its body of work.

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's a good show.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Abusing your Double Secret Cat Administrator powers again, I see.
  • four months ago yes
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...it's actually pretty impressive that this went unnoticed until now
    I say we give back the DSCA's power to make threads in strange locations. It's pretty harmless, and unlikely to be abused to excess at this point. And since I seem to be able to post in them, it's possible that regular posters can as well, isn't it?
    We never actually took it away; Naney just hasn't done it in a long time.

As far as I can tell mods and admins can post in these threads but peasants regular users can't.
    Ahhh, OK.

I did notice that OP editing seems to be an admin-only power.
  • Yeah, it'd wreck competitive balance if everyone's edits were OP.