I think I've made a breakthrough in understanding FaeFone's interface

You know how the dialpad is just a bunch of squares in different colors? I think this might be how you turn them into numbers:

Tagged:

Comments

• pretty much some white kid
    Woah, you might be right!  I thought maybe it had something to do with wavelengths, or RGB values or hex triplets, but nothing I've tried has worked so far...

I have to try this.
  • edited 2016-06-17 02:12:42
    pretty much some white kid
    OK, now this is weird.

As far as I can tell, the first and second colours you input specify a "number" between 0 and 76.  I say "number" in quotation marks because it actually represents a digit in, of all things, a base-77 number, and its place value is determined by the third colour you input, the multiplier.  In theory, you should be able to repeat the process until you have a base-77 number, which you convert into decimal to get the number you want to call.

However when I tried this I got stuck when I hit an error message informing me I don't have enough "red mana" to input red again.  Furthermore sometimes certain coloured squares turn into strings of Cyrillic characters and I'm not sure whether this is a bug or if it has some function I haven't figured out yet.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    (oh my gosh that's so much funnier than anything i came up with)
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    (i just kinda took your idea and ran with it, glad to have amused)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I totally read that as BaeFone when I first saw it
  • However when I tried this I got stuck when I hit an error message informing me I don't have enough "red mana" to input red again.
    Have you tried dialing near a mountain?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    lee4hmz said:

I totally read that as BaeFone when I first saw it

BaePhone operates on a Leprechaun Romance-based dialing system. Much less confusing, but breakups are so much messier.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-06-18 00:17:40
    what the hell is faefone

the only thing i can find is a misspelled payphone sign in the philippines
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • pretty much some white kid
    Haven said:

However when I tried this I got stuck when I hit an error message informing me I don't have enough "red mana" to input red again.
    Have you tried dialing near a mountain?
    ...I haven't, not yet, but I really hope that's not it.  It was bad enough trying to get a signal on my old phone!
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Bee said:

what the hell is faefone

the only thing i can find is a misspelled payphone sign in the philippines

You really need to brush up on your elaborate forum in-jokes. This is easily one of the best.