what does the neo-right chicken say?

2»

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    yeah like an injoke would be if we all chose to say a thing a certain way

like . . . Homestuck fans saying 'Jegus' instead of 'Jesus', that's an in-joke

a wordfilter can make it so you actually don't know what the person was trying to say

it's particularly awkward if the discussion specifically pertains to the word itself that's being filtered

plus it's taking what someone else said and changing it without their permission, which obstructs creative expression, so that's kinda annoying
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

I will admit to not getting the hatred of wordfilters. Do you guys not like having little forum in-jokes?

In-jokes are something everyone is in on and are a form of creative expression, word filters obstruct that and thus can potentially be problematic.

As is, I take serious issue with them in the abstract, but in practice, largely in my experience (just for the sake of example, SA), it just has me shrugging.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    To continue from my other post, the mods on /b/ (yes, they actually had some then) would set wordfilters either because they personally thought they were funny, or to keep people from saying certain words because they were sick of everyone using them.
    "Sorry, I skipped some posts."
  • Tachyon said:

"Sorry, I skipped some posts."

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
  • there was also one about forgetting to take your meds? Which is like cartoonishly offensive in retrospect.
    yeah, "Sorry, I skipped some posts." was intended as a milder, less objectionable replacement for that one

still obnoxious, though
  • LWLW
    edited 2016-06-04 03:25:54

Sorry about all of this mess.

in order to make that kinda joke you have to establish with your audience that you arent the kind of person who would say that sort of thing

and like, none of us really know you all that well? no offence
    I think that makes some sense. I'm an outsider here for sure, so I probably shouldn't expect any of you all to pick up on a joke post I make, especially if it uses sarcasm, which I'm admittedly pretty poor at.

To clarify, when I say I'm an outsider here, that's not meant as a self-pitying comment. It's more of an acknowledgement that my interests, views, or whatever else don't really match up with your average heaper and that I'm not active here. I certainly don't expect people to change their views so they line up more with mine, and if I post something that doesn't really jibe with the majority view, I do so knowing that people are probably going to disagree with it and that that's fine.

to completely tangent off here, this sort of humor also doesnt work if you try to express a more extreme version of a position you already take.

That's a fair point too.
    Are those both from /b/, or SA? I presume the latter.
    "Sorry, i skipped some posts" is from /b/, I think. It certainly sounds familiar.
    it's from TVT, actually
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "Sorry, I skipped some posts." was TVT's wordfilter for "tl;dr", because apparently Janitor hated that phrase for reasons unknown.
    i'm an outsider, and what touhou looks like to me
    Oh, OK.

for reasons unknown.

but time will tell, quaquaquaqua the works of Fartov and Belcher
  • edited 2016-06-04 03:31:47
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    . . . my ability to converse has dissolved into pure word-association, it seems
  • kill living beings
    yeah dude what
    i'm tired
  • edited 2016-06-04 03:35:26
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh, okay. Then I'll assume all are TVT. Honestly I forgot about all of them aside from the thumping stuff, which amused me with its randomness for a time.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

yeah dude what

says Mr. Conclsudfl
    afaicr tvt didn't have any other wordfilters in place
  • Crystal said:

Are those both from /b/, or SA? I presume the latter.

it's good but where's Haunter? D:
    Alas, I do not know.
  • filter "piss" into "jarate"