The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you think, eh
    Kexruct said:

Honestly? I totally dig the White Album. I... kind of detest a lot of their stuff though like every other nerd.

nothing wrong with the White Album - "Dear Prudence" "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" "Glass Onion" "Helter Skelter"...it's got lots of classics.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    the white chamber
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I am going to start posting this every time I see someone post that homestuck thing about arcs on tumblr

• fight. dream. horse. love.
    what thing?
    Something about people not having arcs irl.

I do not know the context because I have not finished Homestuck, but it is becoming a very cheap way to dunk on other people's fan theories by temporarily acting like your fave suspends narrative conventions and thus, cna't be predicted
  • i know for a fact that i have listened to at least one Weezer song but i dont know what song it is or what that song sounded like
    Was it Beverly Hills

I remember that song.
  • Odradek said:

Was it Beverly Hills

I remember that song.
    (*googles*) nope
    the only good Weezer song is "Buddy Holly".
  • kill living beings
    Odradek said:

I do not know the context because I have not finished Homestuck, but it is becoming a very cheap way to dunk on other people's fan theories by temporarily acting like your fave suspends narrative conventions and thus, cna't be predicted
    wow, that is definitely not the point in the comic! ew
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Odradek said:

The ironic thing is that the guy who said that line, Dave Strider, has the most clearly-defined character arc of anyone in the comic.
    Homestuck is approximately the last work on Earth I would use to argue against narrative convention.
    Actually I think it's a MagnificentBastard of a Reconstructed Deconstruction of TheDaisuke
  • LWLW
    edited 2016-05-22 18:10:30

I think making fun of people on the internet is overdone.
  • kill living beings
    daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke daisuke
    Die, Sue Kay.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Jane said:

re, horror: the scariest horror to me is stuff where The Scary Thing is something non-understandable.

That's why black holes freak me out

just sittin up there in space

eating light and time itself.
    That's actually the pillar to the VanderMeers' definition of a work of weird fiction: That the heart of the horror is simply an unanswered question. It's the thread that unites the traditions of Lovecraft and Kafka and thus carries on to Tem, Ligotti, Miéville and so forth.
  • kill living beings
    political correctness is a more dangerous form of
    pudding.
  • So I was cleaning out my wardrobe because I have clothes that don't fit me anymore, and I found this dress that I bought when I was 13.

So I tried it on, and whilst the bottom and the chest area fit, the top part... Not so much.
  • Put it this way: if I went outside now wearing this dress, I'd probably be arrested for indecent exposure because my boobs aren't exactly covered up.
  • Though I suspect that that's the point of this dress because there is no back to it either.
  • As it turns out, a lot of the clothes I wore as a teenager are now inappropriate to wear now that I am an adult woman.
    ah, the changes of growing up
  • Yep.

I found this top. It's a nice top. I remember wearing it when I went to London with a group of friends when I was 18.

Tried it on now and again, my boobs are practically on display. If I was to wear a vest top underneath, I'd be okay.
  • Maybe teenage!Tools was more bold than I remember...
  • LWLW
    edited 2016-05-22 18:57:55

To clarify my last post, I definitely have contributed to making fun of people on the internet. I don't feel great about that and I've been trying to get better about it, but I can't say I'm innocent of it. I suppose I made that last post because the unstated (or in some situations, pretty blatant) elitism of that sort of mocking really bothers me.
    well, you'd never expect me to say this, but I see no problem with boob display
  • I remember when I did the Heaper Hunger Games, your only request for your Sim was "big boobed".

That's it.
    I am a silly person
  • I think your Sim came second in the first Games. She was a hydrophobe who drowned.

I want to do another Heapers Hunger Games. Now that I have finished my second year at University, I'll have lots of free time to do it.
    Wasn't there more than one HHG already? I forget things.
  • Yes, so far there have three.

Tachyon won the first one, you won the second one, and Alduin won the third one.
    ah!
  • All in three Games, I have come close to winning. I came second in the first and third Games, and came third in the second Game.
    hey, get your own struck-through comments!
    Something Awful on monster chases in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: This is terrible. The whole game should be monster chases so I don't have to hear all this boring garbage about the industrial revolution

Something Awful on monster chases in Soma: A Machine for Yudkowskies: There shouldn't BE monster chases in this game! It detracts from all the great philosophy, a word which here means, what if, like, you were you but not you
  • potato peeler: a peeler for potatoes
  • what if you were not you

what if you were rosebud
  • what if you were not you

what if you were rosebud

really makes u think
  • I am in a weird mood today so monochrome Sucy is my avatar now.
    birbs
  • kill living beings
    it's red meat. much harder to catch than that calimari i gave you, and that's what makes it tastier
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    tbh i've never entirely been convinced by the justifications for 'could care less', it sure sounds like a mistake (along the lines of 'from pillow to post' or 'wait on me, i know how to love you and i wanna love you some more')

like i think of contexts where i hear it used (the first that comes to mind is usually MCR's 'Teenagers'), and there's no emphasis on the 'could', which is what you'd expect if it meant 'well i *could* care less, but i really don't care much'