The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    The James Rolfe Ghostbusters controversy is the platonic ideal of tedious controversies, where even most of the people calling it tedious are being deeply tedious
  • Wait what did AVGN do

Or am I better off not knowing?
  • Made a video about his refusal to see the new Ghostbusters

He wasn't wrong per se it was just astonishingly tone deaf and innately problematic to go after this movie when he's never made a big deal out of any other 80s/90s remake.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic problematic
    I bumped a dead MCU thread last night because I was drunk.

Then I asked Anonus to lock it when I sobered up
    friends don't let friends necropost about the MCU.
  • So I got some new noise cancelling earphones, and holy shit I can't hear anything at all.
  • They also have bass boost, so everything I listen to is amplified.
  • kill living beings
    comic book drunkposting, one of the worst kinds
  • Alduin said:

Wait what did AVGN do

What Kex said, but more. 

Setting aside the discussion of gender that could occur, it was the definition of impotent nerd whining, including AVGN coining the term "namemake" for remakes that are remakes in name only and oh goodness it's beyond awful
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Kexruct said:

Made a video about his refusal to see the new Ghostbusters

He wasn't wrong per se it was just astonishingly tone deaf and innately problematic to go after this movie when he's never made a big deal out of any other 80s/90s remake.

This is basically the kicker for me. The rest of the video I think is way too nostalgic and can be boiled down to, for me, "understandable but silly."

Some of the detractors though, Christ. Talk about making a good point in a terrible way, or a terrible (exaggerated) point in a terrible way.
  • (*clears throat, assumes the tedious voice*) i can't believe somebody who calls himself the angry video game nerd did something dumb
  • edited 2016-05-21 17:27:40
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Okay I'm out of this crap. God, sometimes you are great at getting your point across in the most patronizing way possible.
  • edited 2016-05-21 18:00:42
    My dreams exceed my real life

Alduin said:

Wait what did AVGN do

What Kex said, but more. 

Setting aside the discussion of gender that could occur, it was the definition of impotent nerd whining, including AVGN coining the term "namemake" for remakes that are remakes in name only and oh goodness it's beyond awful

(*clears throat, assumes the tedious voice*) i can't believe somebody who calls himself the angry video game nerd did something dumb

Crystal said:

Kexruct said:

Made a video about his refusal to see the new Ghostbusters

This is basically the kicker for me. The rest of the video I think is way too nostalgic and can be boiled down to, for me, "understandable but silly."

Some of the detractors though, Christ. Talk about making a good point in a terrible way, or a terrible (exaggerated) point in a terrible way
  • I'm on mobile so just imagine Paul Wall being in this post
  • you know, it's interesting

you do a Google Image Search for most rappers and you'll either find them mean-mugging or in a neutral expression, presumably as a means of lookin' hard (as is standard for the profession)

but, like, 90% of Paul's photos are all of him smiling (as a means of showing off his grills, presumably, but he legit looks happy in most of them too)

it's kinda refreshing
  • Paul Wall seems like a nice dude.

Also his teeth are worth more than my car
  • His teeth are worth more than most peoples' cars.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    But can his teeth see why people like Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

I bumped a dead MCU thread last night because I was drunk.

Then I asked Anonus to lock it when I sobered up
    I didn't know the context and I'm sorry for being mean about it. :<
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    The worst Twilight Zone episode that doesn't involve glasses breaking is that one with the wheelchair lady and the telephone call with a stupidly mean ending where it was her dead husband all along calling her and now he won't talk to her because she told him to stop calling her.

An

• Tre said:

the gun allegedly sucks but I like the design and it has a cool perk so I still want it

in other news, I am filthy casual trash
    took six moths but I got this last week from the guy that sells rare guns in Destiny!

it's fun
  • i just

mowed

the

lawn

=~=

pictured: six moths
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Pictured: 1 moth.
  • fine, one moth, six times
  • or six copies of the album Moth, whatever you prefer
  • Genghis Khan has taught me that all mad scientists should be professional dancers

• I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Tre said:

pictured: six moths
    I hate moths but I like this art. 
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-05-21 20:28:52
    it's the cover to Moth by Chairlift! 

s' one of my favorite dumb indie electropop albums to come out this year
  • edited 2016-05-21 20:32:26
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Guys, guys.

Horned Devil Caterpillars.

They grow into some of the most beautiful moths.
  • kill living beings
    unnameable dragon
  • Bubsy, holder of the bobcat asterisk.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Tre said:

it's the cover to Moth by Chairlift! 

s' one of my favorite dumb indie electropop albums to come out this year
    hrm, this is almost up my alley, but not quite. The vocals are a little too... too pop, I guess. The beats aren't half bad, though! 
  • kill living beings
    so you're fighting zombie trees or what
    Resident Evil 7 will be Mega Man Legends 3.
    Imi returns to his roots
    roots, bloody roots
    Goons are to Fallout games to me what I am to MCU to you guys
  • and I am to Drake as that is to that and these are to those and that is to all of us.
    and I am to scrambled eggs
    Scrambled eggs are to Miku as omelette is to Gumi.
    Pure 90s kid Simpsonsbot revisionist history
    and this is why you
    barbecue all cows