The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    basic training
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

that things like webcomics or video games even exist is something I find very positive, as they represent entirely new vectors of both expression and internal thought process. 

I feel this.
  • Odradek said:

michel-foucault-1103295.jpg

(*Joestar voice*) HEGEEEEEELLLLLL
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i really like that there exist comics that are free to read on the internet

a lot of them are not very good, or just not to my liking, but to my mind comics like Cucumber Quest, Gunnerkrigg Court, Paranatural and Back are every bit as creative and entertaining as published indie comics, and so it makes me kind of sad when i see the entire webcomic medium being written off.
    (*Schopenhauer voice*) HEGEEEEEELLLLLL
    Plus this one time, Schopenhauer was waiting to get into this club for like an hour, and then the bouncer just let Hegel right in, skipping the line. It turned out to be a stupid club anyway because all the girls just wanted to talk to Hegel.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    *Aliroz voice*

HEEGEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Tachyon said:

a lot of them are not very good, or just not to my liking, but to my mind comics like Cucumber Quest, Gunnerkrigg Court, Paranatural and Back are every bit as creative and entertaining as published indie comics, and so it makes me kind of sad when i see the entire webcomic medium being written off.

Webcomics are not games, which is where Margatroid came from, so it's basically all worthless hope that helps hth.

Just, you know, some cold, infallible logic.
  • kill living beings
    the msot unbelievable part of this comic is schopenhauer going to an amusement park
    Crystal said:

Tachyon said:

Webcomics are not games, which is where Margatroid came from, so it's basically all worthless hope that helps hth.

you you you you

you internet person
  • counterpoint there are no good video games
    THERE IS GOING TO BE AN ANIMATED VERSION OF 100 MOB PSYCHO

WE ARE GOING TO GET AN ANIMATED VERSION OF THIS

rALXFIA.png
    Tachyon said:

Crystal said:

Tachyon said:

you you you you

you internet person

• I have similar sentiments, as much as I also love stuff from the past. My feeling is that it's better to give precedence to new things, and to celebrate the renewal that each step forward represents. This applies to mediums just as much as individual works of art; that things like webcomics or video games even exist is something I find very positive, as they represent entirely new vectors of both expression and internal thought process. 

The fact that new forms of media exist is very cool.

Also, that last post of mine might have been a bit influenced by me playing Bravely Second recently, haha.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Borges liked Schopenhauer, which is a +1 for Schopenhauer as far as I'm concerned
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    today kind of sucked for me tbh

i've noticed this is often the case on days when i'm not working.

i'm guessing everyone went to bed.  i should go, too.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I did not go to bed.

But I will in 15 minutes.
    I've been reading manga and talking to weebs.
  • I'm so bored my god

I don't feel like reading anymore, sredni is asleep...
    I'm trying to recall the name of this book except the few key words I recall are useless, sigh.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    the hedgehog dilemma
  • I slept for like ten hours and woke up to two people insulting my album on reddit.

hoowee.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Okay that video is great.

I'm sorry, Jane. :/
  • Jane said:

I slept for like ten hours and woke up to two people insulting my album on reddit.

hoowee.
    I left a comment on a /r/electronicmusic post about liking the Krewella remix of a Knife Party song a few days ago and one guy proceeded to mock me for liking Krewella. (He got 48 points for it too, so he wasn't the only one.)

It also started a whole string of comments about whether or not the band is/was any good.

My first time posting on that subreddit. Probably also my last.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Jane said:

I slept for like ten hours and woke up to two people insulting my album on reddit.

hoowee.
    why are they insulting it?
  • Anonus I'm not gonna fucking answer that question. Good god learn some tact.
  • Like six months of work on those records and I have 30 downloads to show for it. One generous soul (and I mean that sincerely) tipped me $5.

just, ugh.
  • I know none of you care.

It's fine, whatever.
  • -hugs for the Jane-

I'm sorry. If it helps, I know how it feels to be disappointed in how the world reacts to stuff you've worked on for what seems like ages. It sucks, but I try to focus more on the fact that I was able to create something that, at the very least, was able to bring me joy.

I will check both albums out when I get the chance to and let you know what I think of them. Hang in there, friendo.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *offers Jane a beverage of her choice*
  • edited 2016-05-19 05:45:44
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I shall pay for Album 11 once I have a job.

*hugs*
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Jane said:

Anonus I'm not gonna fucking answer that question. Good god learn some tact.

I'm sorry

I didn't realize I was being rude
  • kill living beings
    hello i am from a secret russian military agency and i know you are a practitioner of ancient ways and i will give you this magazine if you give me the address of the head wizard
  • i am sorry but the head wizard has not given me his address, however i can still point you in the necessary direction to get head from a wizard if you're interested

(couldn't resist)
  • kill living beings
    hard to decide between this and "I shall become a terrible mass of living corruption" to sum up my personality as required of forum signatures by ancient law

i mean it's this or a a recolored picture of a video game character
  • Just ventured outside my hovel and taken the dog for a walk.

I'd forgotten what nature smelt like.
  • Don't read the one about comic book movies.
    why
    I saw that

In more ways than one
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/19/maize-release-date/#more-367467

The comments here are so angry about this talking corn game
    I’d be taking bets that this will be the usual lazy, uninformed, vegan-whole-organic-superfoods-or-death anti-GMO bollocks dressed up as pseudointellectual sarcastic “humour”, but the odds are so long I doubt even Leicester City fans would have a punt.