ABC Warner Grabs DreamWorks: Give us back our crown

DreamWorks Animation has, for its entire existence, fancied itself the rival to Disney. Starting out somewhat slowly, as just one cog in the greater DreamWorks SKG organization (and envisioned media empire), Jeffrey Katzenberg's ambition to take on his old boss Michael Eisner got a significant boost when Shrek came out of nowhere to become a smash hit and, for better or for worse, informed the tone of DreamWorks Animation's future output, and most mainstream animated cinema, for the next decade.

But you know who's been the rival to Disney longer? Warner Bros. Usually only when they think there's significant riches to be had in it - the Warner Bros. organization seemingly has to be prodded to get off its ass to cash in on trends and does little to sustain its animation business or the marketing of most DC Comics properties otherwise - but we want our crown back. Ogre ears? Nothing on rabbit ears!

So, what should ABC Warner do with DWA?
Tagged:

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Nothing I guess
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You should put Shrek in your WB theme park, that's what.
    I take pleasure in Puss in Boots and El Kabong being under the same roof
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    what about actual Zorro
    I'd have to license him from Zorro Productions, Inc.