Hey nineteen!

edited 2012-04-05 14:14:29 in General
I was born early in the morning (I think) of April 6, 1993. So that means, in about 19 hours, I will be 19 years old!

So I'm making a birthday thread to celebrate, starting with this:

Tagged:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "you uhhh .. you listen to the lyrics at all before dedicating this to
    your daughter? you know it's about an impotent coked up 30+ year old
    trying to get into a 19 year old's pants, right?" - from the comments

Nonetheless, happy birthday Leigh.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Pretty much all of Steely Dan's songs have creepy undertones to them, especially after they fired everyone and started using session performers. I think Becker read a little too much Burroughs, myself, because Fagen's solo work isn't quite as on the nose.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^ So Steely Dan is not one guy? :O
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    No, and neither is Ed Zeppelin.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Gryphon: Nope; they started out as a band, but eventually became a studio project with Walter Becker and Donald Fagen doing all the songwriting and some well-known jazz and LA session guys laying down the tracks with them. The name is from Naked Lunch; in the words of one Breadquanda, "it's a dil-do?"

I just mentioned Burroughs and Keisha Fabo in the same post. I'm on a roll tonight.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    ^^^^Rotty, is that you? O:
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^ No; Rotty is Leigh Sabio.