It's the perfect time of year, somewhere far away from here...

I feel fine enough, I guess, considering everything's a mess
There's a restaurant down the street, where hungry people like to eat
I could walk but I'll just drive...it's colder than it looks outside!

It's like a dream, you try to remember but it's gone
Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
When you try to see the world beyond your front door

Take your time, 'cause the way I rhyme's gonna make you smile
When you realize that a guy my size might take a while
Just to try to figure out what all this is for

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    nobody but me likes this song, i guess

you peasants have no taste

u_u
  • I like what I've heard of BNL but I haven't heard this one

they make me think of Chicken Little-- regardless of the quality of the movie itself, it had some jams, and 'One Little Slip' was one of them.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Dan Olson once mentioned in passing in a Folding Ideas video that this song gains a lot in terms of meaning and coherence if you've dealt with chronic or major depression, and actually seeing the lyrics on paper... eeeeyup.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Dan Olson once mentioned in passing in a Folding Ideas video that this song gains a lot in terms of meaning and coherence if you've dealt with chronic or major depression, and actually seeing the lyrics on paper... eeeeyup.

Link?

Also, yeah, I've always found this song relatable in a mildly uncomfortable way.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's an early one of his but I can't remember which. He was just sort of illustrating a point about how experience can change the way that one relates to a work.