101 Dalmatians: The Series

So yes, I know I've said a lot of things critical of it in the past, but I think I've come to terms with my interest in the show. I still think it's got problems, but most of the reason it holds my interest is because of the source material, my fondness for Cadpig and Spot, and the way it expands on the source material (with mixed success, but still).

And Aliroz likes it too...

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What are some of the better episodes, if I wanted to watch a few?
  • "My Fair Moochie", if only because of its gleeful stupidity

Also "De Vil-Age Elder" if you like heartbreak
  • Also "Alive 'n' Chicken" disappeared after 9/11 because they were worried that Spot running into a tower with a plane would be construed as a 9/11 joke
  • so if you like banned episodes there's that
  • I feel like the mau5hau5 has done almost everything it could to make the whole series disappear after the Toon Disney to Disney XD switch happened.

Perhaps unintentionally? Either way, it doesn't seem to be a very common sight.
  • edited 2015-03-17 19:47:09
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I feel like the mau5hau5 has done almost everything it could to make the whole series disappear after the Toon Disney to Disney XD switch happened.

Perhaps unintentionally? Either way, it doesn't seem to be a very common sight.

It resurfaced, albeit in edited form, on Disney Junior from June 2012 to September 2013.

I think it's fared better than some other shows of the era, at least; it's really easy to find compared to Pepper Ann, for instance.
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    I got the Pepper Ann theme stuck in my head this morning out of nowhere

Pepper Ann she's like one in a mil-YAAAN
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I got the Pepper Ann theme stuck in my head this morning out of nowhere

Pepper Ann she's like one in a mil-YAAAN

we've got a thread for that show
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I remember an episode involving trains at one point or another.
    Yep!

Also, if anyone didn't know, Cadpig is my favorite Kath Soucie character
    Sometimes I feel weird for liking Cadpig a lot but finding Rolly much less likable
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Rolly was kind of sweet, i think

definitely a cliche, though, i can understand not finding him very interesting
    Also, Cadpig is the most expressive of the main characters
    In the well-animated episodes they seem to have given Pug all sorts of weird faces too
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Still looks really cute!
    Lucky is so boring
    Lucky = Gryffindor
    Cadpig = Slytherin
    Rolly = Hufflepuff
    Spot = Ravenclaw

They also match the colors in the intro this way, excepting Cadpig and Spot's transposition

Luckleberry Hound
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Cute!
    my favorite thing about this show:

No Bronies