Worldbuilding: Centralia's Largest Toy Store.

Because I thought it would be fun if we talked this one out together.

What should Centralia's biggest toy store be like? What should it be called? Is it in a fancy modern building or an old-fashioned city building? What kind of special toys should we have?

There are no wrong answers!

I'll start: There's an incredibly elaborate model railway that twists and turns around the store, with several little trains going at any given time.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    they sell every video game console ever.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    There should be rail - oh. Anyway there should also be a certain number of small, small magical trains that are hidden randomly throughout the store. They're not like "Collect Seven Get 50% Off Next Purchases" but just something special and fun, for the kids to the professional sleuths.

I am also not sure what you mean by special toys? Like, Centralian-themed ones? Definitely dolls of the Princesses, and dollhouses representing what the Palace looked like at various points throughout their reign (e.g. Jeanette and a set of 3 and a set of 4, Alice 16, so on).

Also, perhaps a blend of styles? One thing you could do is have the more absurd toys come from absurd looking sections, although that's somewhat something stores already do, just much more thorough.
  • edited 2015-11-30 03:28:10
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    A shifting Prince(ss) Anonus doll?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    These are all good ideas.

Basically by "special toys" I just mean anything out of the ordinary. Something you wouldn't expect to be able to pick up at your average toy store in real life.

I'm trying to give everybody a fair amount of leeway to be creative because I want to see what people besides myself can come up with.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    they should sell imicow plushies
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-12-16 18:44:47
    All of the Tiny and Big merch a nerd could possibly want.

All of it!
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    There should be a life sized dollhouse/palace type thing filled with giant gaudy pink plastic furniture. During Halloween time it can transform into a spooky-cute haunted mansion and during holiday season it can turn into a ~winter wonderland~
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Toys and baubles from strange and mysterious lands, like troupes of small, soft dancing creatures from obscure myths, and levitating bubble-like spheres that can be rearranged to perform seemingly innumerable melodies with resonant hums.