The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    okay something really weird is happening iwth this thread's unread count
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    The miko count, on the other paw, has stayed relatively stable. :3
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Count Miko, the final boss of Heaplevania
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    martin o'malley as cia
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
     C
     E
    ANONUS
     T
     I
     E

B
    U
    T
    T
    E
    R
    CALICA
    U
    P

S
    SECTION
         R
         R
         O
         W

S
       R     
    NANEY
       D
       N
       I

I
       C
    MIKO
       N
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
     J
     A
     N 
    CERISE
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I like how we both have the shortest names, in that one.
  • Aww, those are sweet! ^_^
    Justice/King Friday; Rottweiler/Leigh Sabio
  • still don't know why justice left

still very glad we don't have to put up with rotty anymore, sad that my relationship with Leigh ended on... the note it did

she felt that I betrayed her
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I got along with Rottweiler better than I probably should have.

still don't know why justice left

still very glad we don't have to put up with rotty anymore, sad that my relationship with Leigh ended on... the note it did

she felt that I betrayed her

justice left because he was mad we banned rotty
  • ok actually that's kinda funny
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i gave Rottweiler far too much slack despite having been warned he would take advantage of this.

i wouldn't be surprised if i drove Justice away.

Rottweiler trolled a thread i made, saying it was irrational to be gay but not Islamophobic, and hypocritical to be tolerant of both gay people and Muslims but not of homophobes or Islamophobes.  That was what resulted in his ban.

Some people argued back, and Justice issued a general warning aimed at everybody.  i logged in, saw Justice's warning but not that Rottweiler had been banned, and sent Justice a rather angry PM.  i apologized afterwards but i haven't heard from him since.
    It was somethin'.

But, really, I was sad with the direction that thread took, which is why trolling or sidetracking a thread made for someone's specific purpose - analyzing LessWrong, something I was interested in  - sometimes bothers me. Generally it's no biggie, but sometime it's just plain obnoxious or worse.
    Tachyon said:

i gave Rottweiler far too much slack despite having been warned he would take advantage of this.

i wouldn't be surprised if i drove Justice away.

Rottweiler trolled a thread i made, saying it was irrational to be gay but not Islamophobic, and hypocritical to be tolerant of both gay people and Muslims but not of homophobes or Islamophobes.  That was what resulted in his ban.

Some people argued back, and Justice issued a general warning aimed at everybody.  i logged in, saw Justice's warning but not that Rottweiler had been banned, and sent Justice a rather angry PM.  i apologized afterwards but i haven't heard from him since.

Without saying too much...I doubt it was your PM that did it. 

While I stand by banning Rott as the right decison, the way our mod team went about it was, well...poorly thought-out.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Crystal said:

It was somethin'.

But, really, I was sad with the direction that thread took, which is why trolling or sidetracking a thread made for someone's specific purpose - analyzing LessWrong, something I was interested in  - sometimes bothers me. Generally it's no biggie, but sometime it's just plain obnoxious or worse.
    Anonus said i could make another thread for the lesswrong thing, but . . . i kinda lost interest after seeing all the lesswrong-defending-fascists stuff on tumblr, sorry.

Maybe some day when i have nothing better to do, or maybe someone else will make the thread.  You could always make one yourself, if you wanted.
    I remember that reasoning, yeah. And I could, though for me the appeal came from someone I trust dipping into a site I find interesting in principle, but don't want to involve myself with. All gain no pain, haha. Which is why I don't bring it up except for times when I remember it even existed, like now.
  • To my enemies: If you come to my turf, you can expect to have to deal with me.

To my allies: I can reshape my turf to aid your needs if necessary.
  • To my enemies: If you come to my turf, you can expect to have to deal with me.

this is like

something I'd see on the twitter feed of a rapper who just sold 1,000 copies of his first mixtape and then immediately went out and bought the most expensive chain he could afford.
  • I am glad that Rottweiler is gone and never really had an opinion on Leigh.

Justice I am much less glad about, but these things happen.
  • edited 2015-11-08 09:36:24

To my enemies: If you come to my turf, you can expect to have to deal with me.

this is like

something I'd see on the twitter feed of a rapper who just sold 1,000 copies of his first mixtape and then immediately went out and bought the most expensive chain he could afford.
    LOL

this was actually in response to a thread on steam of people complaining that [game types they don't like] shouldn't be on steam

basically it means that i will have grounds to object to the removal of game types represented by games that i like, and that i can choose to emphasize how much i like a game in order to help someone else beat down an argument for removing [game types one doesn't like]

it's just a silly overdramatization

i seem to have a taste for those

this is like

LOL

this was actually in response to a thread on steam of people complaining that [game types they don't like] shouldn't be on steam

basically it means that i will have grounds to object to game types covered by games that i like, and that i can choose to emphasize how much i like a game in order to help someone else beat down your argument

dramatization aside I am quite sure I will never fully understand how you think
  • edited 2015-11-08 09:40:28

To my enemies: If you come to my turf, you can expect to have to deal with me.

this is like

LOL

basically it means that i will have grounds to object to game types covered by games that i like, and that i can choose to emphasize how much i like a game in order to help someone else beat down your argument

i'm not sure how accurate this is, but it's probably something i've done at some point, which is to think of opinion arguments as basically individuals on a battlefield of shifting front lines and alliances all trying to attain their specific objectives and at various points in time coordinating their efforts and at various other points in time fighting with poor strategy and possibly ruining things for themselves and their allies

so basically some sort of MMO strategy game

as i said, overdramatization for fun

for additional fun, assign JRPG character classes to people and envision them using abilities associated with those character classes
  • edited 2015-11-08 10:11:41

honestly i'm not really too sure why i find this fun either

i just kinda do

something just kinda clicked with the jrpgs i played as a kid i guess, and probably risk the board game as well

the whole "using mechanics to deliver a narrative experience" thing i think

and so i turn back to it as a familiar way to mechanically express, in some sort of structured terms, a complex situation that's hard to describe in sufficient detail

and you can add more analogous details as the situation demands, to describe more real-life details

changing one's mind could be defecting to another side or it could simply be stating that one won't fight outside of one's preferred domain for example

this isn't really so much a useful description as it is just all for fun
  • my phone does not like that post by centie

SRADNI

SCRROW
  • i totally missed whatever happened with Rotty/justice but tbh i knew something like that was coming, someone like Rotty is never gonna exist peacefully on a site where like most of the people there are queer
  • lady gaga's schtick is pretentious but to deny she has talent is futile
    sunn wolf said:

my phone does not like that post by centie

SRADNI

SCRROW

Huh, I used an actual fixed-width font so that wouldn't happen, but your phone seems to have ignored my font choice. How rude.
  • Acererak said:

lady gaga's schtick is pretentious but to deny she has talent is futile

she has little talent and can barely put a song together it is embarrassing

(*dunk*)
    Naney that's futile.
  • so is resisting the borg but that didnt stop Picard
    You are V. contrarian about music.
  • not as much as i used to but i will never not be annoyed by the "even if you are a hater, you have to admit that lady gaga is talented" spiel

there are plenty of actually talented pop musicians out there and she aint one of em bruh
    Not everyone can be avant-garde
  • ya don't need to be avant-garde to ve a good pop musician you need to be proficient at writing good, catchy songs
  • My cousin did lady gaga's hair for the Paparazzi video and apparently she is up herself and really patronising

Applause is a good song tho
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I hate Lady Gaga as much as anyone, but I find "The Edge of Glory" a decent enough song to admit that she does have some talent.

Anything other than Kvlt underground avant-garde doom death screamo grindcore trap mixtape is absolute shit, and you're stupid if you like it.

if you don't like donkey kong country, you are stupid
  • Anything other than Kvlt underground avant-garde doom death screamo grindcore trap mixtape is absolute shit, and you're stupid if you like it.

bruh I'm literally talking about just pop music here
    imagine if lara croft had breast cancer, and had to continue fighting despite this disease in her body
    If the next Final Fantasy game doesn't add voiceovers, I'll kill myself.

I hate that.

Anything other than Kvlt underground avant-garde doom death screamo grindcore trap mixtape is absolute shit, and you're stupid if you like it.

bruh I'm literally talking about just pop music here
    Suuuuuuuuuuuurrrrreeeee you are
  • ya don't need to be avant-garde to ve a good pop musician you need to be proficient at writing good, catchy songs

"Just Dance" is one of the best pop songs of the last ten years.

Granted you could maybe attribute that more to Big Red One than Gaga herself, but it's still true.