The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Unrelated:  My sympathy is always with the mocked, not the mocking.

I would vote for Trump just to spite you guys at this point.  Well, you guys, and that twit Cenk Uygur.
  • edited 2015-08-20 02:34:40
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

all those Westerns with tiny towns and main characters who grew up on homesteads, such a pity no Americans watched those

I EXIST CONSARNIT.

EDIT:  Oh, that was sarcasm.
    (2015 self)
    Unrelated:  Dead Money is dumb.  Disappoint.  Wanted more loot.
  • edited 2015-08-20 02:34:16
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Aliroz said:

Tachyon said:

all those Westerns with tiny towns and main characters who grew up on homesteads, such a pity no Americans watched those

I EXIST CONSARNIT!

i was joking, Aliroz
    (2015 self)
    >.>
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Aliroz said:

I would vote for Trump just to spite you guys at this point.  Well, you guys, and that twit Cenk Uygur.
    also: i do not mock Trump.  i find it kind of alarming how popular his brand of hate is, and i think him being the leader of a powerful nation would be an appalling thing, but i don't recall ever mocking him.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    my dad watched those shows every day during his last year on this planet

/random morbidness
    I find it bizarre that I live in a world where Donald Motherfucking Trump is considered a serious candidate for President of the United States of America.
  • Aliroz said:

you would vote for someone who wants to literally build a wall between us and Mexico out of spite
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Aliroz said:

There's no way that you can keep Adventure Time, Stephen Universe, Regular Show AND Star vs the forces of evil. Three out of four, more likely.

Even the Hub couldn't have both Dan vs. and Mlpfim.

Star is on Disney XD, not Cartoon Network
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I mock Trump, but I don't feel bad about it because IMO less powerful people mocking more powerful people is always acceptable
    i don't believe he stands a serious chance of getting elected.

That's not mockery, it's just a statement of fact; he's alienating a big chunk of the right and he's completely abhorrent to the left.  Unlikely to be a good campaign strategy.

I mock Trump, but I don't feel bad about it because IMO less powerful people mocking more powerful people is always acceptable

imo it depends somewhat on the nature of the mockery and the actions of the powerful people.

Just my opinion though.
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, I dislike Trump and think that him in charge of a nation would be an awful thing; but Cenk Uygur insulted Republicans.  My mom's republican, I'm half-republican!  

IT turns out I'm willing to do things that are horrible for me in the long-run in order to somehow spite people who will never be aware of my existence.
    yeah, I figure he has practically no chance of winning.

still, some take him seriously, which I find weird.
  • Aliroz said:

Yeah, I dislike Trump and think that him in charge of a nation would be an awful thing; but Cenk Uygur insulted Republicans.  My mom's republican, I'm half-republican!  

IT turns out I'm willing to do things that are horrible for me in the long-run in order to somehow spite people who will never be aware of my existence.
    you can't be half-republican Aliroz it's not like being German or being a dog
    It is somewhat unintuitive to me to talk of being "half" a political affiliation.  It would be like me claiming to be half-English teacher, or half-agnostic, or half-The Archers fan, i feel.

Tachyon said:

half-English teacher

oh my god
    . . . what?
    oh, wait

that was a very un-self-aware post, wasn't it
    I'm half cow, y'know
  • Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

half-English teacher

oh my god
    . . . what?
    it's just a funny mental image

someone who gives out mandatory readings of Romeo & Juliet but only 50% of the time
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

are you playing Fallout: New Vegas Aliroz?
  • If anything, Trump's extreme yet limited popularity means that the Democrat primaries are basically what's going to win the presidency, specifically if he runs under a third party label.

Aliroz said:

you can't be half-republican Aliroz it's not like being German or being a dog
    Wolves can be half dog.
  • the raiders of the lost ark has not aged well
  • edited 2015-08-20 02:58:13
    (2015 self)
    Well, usually I'm conflicted between my love for you guys (left of center) and my home culture (right of center).  Rush Limbaugh makes it easier to be liberal, certain people on the internet make it easier to be republican.

It's not what I'm voting for or against; it's with whom I am voting with or against.

I don't care about nations or policies, I care about people, it's people that hurt me or make my life worth living.

(TLDR:  I don't want to disagree with people I love.  Please just tell me how to vote.  Choosing for myself is painful.)

Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

half-English teacher

oh my god
    . . . what?

someone who gives out mandatory readings of Romeo & Juliet but only 50% of the time
    Yeah, i suppose so. ^_^;

Sorry, i got kinda self-conscious there.  i think i picked up a lot of my dad's habits (he is an enormous pedant, and that was a pedantic post).
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

Yeah.  Which one is the one with the mormons?
    naney said:

the raiders of the lost ark has not aged well

The plot would have come out the exact same way if Indie hadn't intervened at all.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Does anybody else feel more comfortable running an X.0.1 or X.0.2 version of a program than an X.0.0 version?

I dunno, X.0.0 always gives the impression of "bugs haven't been worked out yet", even if it's decently functional.
  • Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

half-English teacher

oh my god
    . . . what?

Yeah, i suppose so. ^_^;

Sorry, i got kinda self-conscious there.  i think i picked up a lot of my dad's habits (he is an enormous pedant, and that was a pedantic post).
    does that make u a half-pedant 
    Aliroz said:

Well, usually I'm conflicted between my love for you guys (left of center) and my home culture (right of center).  Rush Limbaugh makes it easier to be liberal, certain people on the internet make it easier to be republican.

It's not what I'm voting for or against; it's with whom I am voting with or against.

I don't care about nations or policies, I care about people, it's people that hurt me or make my life worth living.

(TLDR:  I don't want to disagree with people I love.  Please just tell me how to vote.  Choosing for myself is painful.)
    what I think you're failing to understand is that political identification is not as ingrained into everyone's identity as you might think.

I still love my mom even though she's a Constitutionalist.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Aliroz said:

you know, Donald Trump himself is the mocker-in-chief
    Aliroz said:

Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

Fallout New Vegas

If you've heard about the Burned Man/Joshua Graham, he's a Mormon.
    No Jane, i am entirely a pedant.
  • Tachyon said:

No Jane, i am entirely a pedant.

( ‾ʖ̫‾)
  • Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

Fallout New Vegas

If you've heard about the Burned Man/Joshua Graham, he's a Mormon.
    It's a bit weak in terms of gameplay opportunities, but it's definitely got a good story behind it
    naney said:

the raiders of the lost ark has not aged well

why you say this
  • edited 2015-08-20 03:13:16
    (2015 self)
    VOting Democrat means siding against basically every single person in my home town.  It means choosing yourself over the community, and going against the accepted way that people have agreed to be.

Or, to put it into more pungent terms; a vote for a democrat is a vote for abortion.  And that is against everything everyone I know in real life or have ever interacted with in my home town for more than a half-hour (other than college professors or college students, who don't count) believes in.

It's a vote against my religion, is what it is.  The republicans basically hold us Mormons hostage with the abortion thing.  Utah was a swing state; often a blue state before abortion became a partisan issue  (My dad was on his mission when that happened, so it didn't effect him like it did his siblings).  We voted for the legalization of alcohol and women voting.  IF the republicans had been the party of the environment, we'd have voted for it.  No matter what the issue; the issue is that a democrat vote is a vote for abortion.

It's a brilliant political maneuver, and without it; my home state would be much less red, and the liberals I know could be much more outspoken and politics would be a matter of personal belief; and not a stance for or against the community.

I might not feel like voting with you guys rather than my home community means choosing you guys over my home community; or vice versa.  I wouldn't be feeling like I am half republican and half democrat.

I hate politics, I hate disagreeing with people, I hate choosing.

The people I know choose to be republican.  It's just hard to chose to be a democrat.  

And the people on the internet choose to be democrat; it's just hard to chose to be a republican.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Odradek said:

I tried to discuss a movie I liked on #Yackfest, and this was all people wanted to yammer about

it was v. traumatic
    When are you going to let that go? It's causing nothing but suffering for you.
    Never.
  • VOting Democrat means siding against basically every single person in my home town.  It means choosing yourself over the community, and going against the accepted way that people have agreed to be.

Or, to put it into more pungent terms; a vote for a democrat is a vote for abortion.  And that is against everything everyone I know in real life or have ever interacted with in my home town for more than a half-hour (other than college professors or college students, who don't count) believes in.

It's a vote against my religion, is what it is.  The republicans basically hold us Mormons hostage with the abortion thing.  Utah was a swing state; often a blue state before abortion became a partisan issue.  We voted for the legalization of alcohol and women voting.  IF the republicans had been the party of the environment, we'd have voted for it.  No matter what the issue; the issue is that a democrat vote is a vote for abortion.

It's a brilliant political maneuver, and without it; my home state would be much less red, and the liberals I know could be much more outspoken and politics would be a matter of personal belief; and not a stance for or against the community.
    perhaps you should consider what you actually value about your community then.

Abortion (which I don't really support so much as accept as a necessary evil) aside, Republicans are historically anti-queer, anti-minority*, anti-working class, and anti-woman, if you hold your community being pro-any those things in any high regard, I don't see how voting Democrat would be a bad thing. Being a single issue voter doesn't actually solve anything.

And really are you just going to let yourself be manipulated like that? Republicans are also notoriously anti-sex-ed, and good sex-ed is generally accepted to seriously cut down on abortion rates. Easy access to birth control even moreso, something Republicans are also historically against.

*its very earliest days as an anti-slavery party aside that is
    (2015 self)
    I admire the conviction.  I know I've put myself behind pointless causes.

Vote Democrat or Republican, my race shall enslave yours as your benevolent masters soon enough!

Take it from me! I love you!

Odradek, please stop that.

Awww come on.

I like this gimmick :(
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    deez nuts: the new peta lindsey?