The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's really the shape of the person, the shading, and the facial expression.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    what about the pose?

(re:pretty/hot clown costumes, i'm guessing harley quinn comparisons have already been made)
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Yeah, forgot to mention body language.
  • Vriska said:

complex trigonometry pro8lems

coming at you from every angle

• Yesterday I used Google voice search for the first time on my phone.

S'awesome.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

A hat specifically designed to hold chakram for throwing.

Behold it
    This is the greatest thing.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    45i3vAN.jpg
    what is that?
  • Minotaur nerd
    Tachyon said:

what is that?

The helmet of an ornamental suit of armor given to Henry VIII by Maximilian I, the Holy Roman Emperor.
    wild
    Sometimes I have trouble believing jesters were a thing that actually existed.
    forever
    forever ever
    forever ever?
    it's not criminal

to be an individual
    "so you're a philosopher"

"yes, i think very deeply"
  • Tachyon said:

"so you're a philosopher"

"yes, i think very deeply"

RIGHT UP TO YOUR FACE AND DISS YOU
    how many MCs must get dissed before somebody says don't fuck with Kris
    The Voynich Hotel - vol 1 ch 7 Page 6 | Batoto!
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    That hat is amazing. From the Holy Roman Emperor himself, apparently.

I knew it was Henry VIII, but that extra detail makes the helmet even better.
    One weird thing in the first edition of Dungeons and Dragons that didn't get carried over was Alignment Languages. The rule was that in addition to whatever other languages you knew, you would also know the special language of your alignment(Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Evil, Neutral Good, whatever). You could speak this just by virtue of being part of that alignment, and no one from a different alignment could even understand it.

This means that if you were a Neutral Good person raised by Lawful Neutral parents in a broadly Lawful Neutral society, you could fluently speak a language no one had ever spoken to you. Furthermore, if you met another Neutral Good fellow from a continent away, you would not be able to speak one of his native languages, but you could both talk to each other perfectly well in Neutral Good.

If you changed your alignment, you would instantly forget your old language and learn a new one.

WEIRD
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I weigh less than I did at the beginning of 2013...but more than I did at the end of 2013.

Keeping weight off is hard ._.
    Odradek said:

One weird thing in the first edition of Dungeons and Dragons that didn't get carried over was Alignment Languages. The rule was that in addition to whatever other languages you knew, you would also know the special language of your alignment(Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Evil, Neutral Good, whatever). You could speak this just by virtue of being part of that alignment, and no one from a different alignment could even understand it.

This means that if you were a Neutral Good person raised by Lawful Neutral parents in a broadly Lawful Neutral society, you could fluently speak a language no one had ever spoken to you. Furthermore, if you met another Neutral Good fellow from a continent away, you would not be able to speak one of his native languages, but you could both talk to each other perfectly well in Neutral Good.

If you changed your alignment, you would instantly forget your old language and learn a new one.

WEIRD
    i can see why they dropped this since it doesn't make a lot of sense, but as a game mechanic that's kind of interesting
    This thing

latest

And this thing

1626967-mm35_pg161b.jpg

upon meeting for the first time, could have a lengthy discussion about Lawful Evil ideology, regardless of whether their species had even met prior to this.
    Tachyon said:

Odradek said:

WEIRD
    i can see why they dropped this since it doesn't make a lot of sense, but as a game mechanic that's kind of interesting
    I think it's derived from when D&D only had Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic as alignments, and most of the PCs would be Lawful, and most monsters would be Chaotic.

So you could shout battle commands without worrying about the enemy hearing about it.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

You know what I want? A series about a septuagenarian Xena-expy repeatedly getting pulled from retirement to go on adventures. 

And I don't want to wait twenty years for them to and reboot Xena again with Lucy Lawless.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/xena-reboot-nbc-confirms-search-815073
    lucky for you NBC is digging through Universal's IP chest
  • edited 2015-08-19 19:41:24
    My dreams exceed my real life
    DELETED
    Chris Nostalgebraist's blog is shit now, I'm glad I stopped reading.

No one link it, no one send asks, I'm just whining and have done nothing move on with your lives
    dude that person pointed out issues that weren't related to Marvel's

also please don't post things from random people's Tumblrs and pick at them here
    Damage Control isn't insurance, Damage Control is "we literally clean up after superhumans," as in rebuilding and repair.

Powerless is white collar, Damage Control is blue collar.
  • Anonus said:

You know what I want? A series about a septuagenarian Xena-expy repeatedly getting pulled from retirement to go on adventures. 

And I don't want to wait twenty years for them to and reboot Xena again with Lucy Lawless.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/xena-reboot-nbc-confirms-search-815073
    I know, but she's only, like, fifty now, and she probably won't be reprising her role proper.

I want, like, retirement home age. Like one of those grandmas who are still parasailing and whatnot 
    Anonus said:

dude that person pointed out issues that weren't related to Marvel's

also please don't post things from random people's Tumblrs and pick at them here
    kay

oh look, one of the ABC Warner Television Stations

using the gradient version of the ABC logo they're not supposed to
  • My local ABC Warner Television Station

(well, the Raleigh one; I don't think there are any O&Os in Lexington)
  • I won't lie, Damage Control was the first thing that popped up when I heard word of Powerless. And as much as I hate the Marvel Media Machine, I'd much prefer the more hands-to-the-earth feel of Damage Control over the standard-office-comedy-with-superhero-tropes vibe that Powerless is giving off. The former's about normal people trying to fix the world in the wake of superheroism. The latter's about normal people trying to profit. And between the two, DC's not what I go to when looking for Parks and Rec style cynicism. 
    No we can't talk about that, we need to talk about boneydick cabbagepatch playing Doctor Strangelove

this is what normal interesting people talk about
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...is the GOP aware that letting Trump get the nomination would more or less guarantee four more years of a Democratic president?
  • That said, it is a story about normal people dealing with the fallout of superhero battles that they have no control over and are constantly threatened by. That's right up my alley, so I'm giving Powerless the benefit of the doubt until more information is released. Just because it probably won't be Damage Control doesn't mean it can't be good.
  • edited 2015-08-19 20:20:22
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Odradek said:

No we can't talk about that, we need to talk about boneydick cabbagepatch playing Doctor Strangelove

... To the best of my knowledge, no one here wants to talk about that kind of thing.
  • Odradek said:

Odra, why won't you just enjoy the fact that this place is usually free of people obsessing over Marvel?
    bandersnatch camperground
    balobam curlicue
    probably something people on tumblr talked about a lot
    i guess that's why the negativity can get a bit exhausting, it's all 'this is you' 'we must talk about x' when actually you're mad at people off-site

you're not the only one who does this, though

Odradek said:

... To the best of my knowledge, no one here wants to talk about that kind of thing.
    I tried to discuss a movie I liked on #Yackfest, and this was all people wanted to yammer about

it was v. traumatic
    oh

sorry, then, my bad for making assumptions

not all of us go on #yackfest though