The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• that reminds me that I should install DropBox
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Perhaps Microsoft-employed dorks are the dorkiest dorks of all.
  • I signed up to get Windows 10 as soon as the button showed up.

I haven't figured out how to get rid of it yet, but in a weird way I don't mind it being there.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    the "seven ate nine" joke almost invariably makes me think of my ambitions for my version of KMGH to one day overtake KUSA as Colorado's News Leader
    even though Gannett actually owns the trademark on that :V
    extremely odd confession: whenever you talk about Gannett owning stuff, i always picture, like, an actual gannet squatting over the stuff in question, staring down its beak at it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Meanwhile I keep misreading "Gannett" as "Garnet" because obsession

Tre said:

I signed up to get Windows 10 as soon as the button showed up.

I haven't figured out how to get rid of it yet, but in a weird way I don't mind it being there.
    It doesn't bother me, but I can see why people would be annoyed by it.
  • didn't know it was a bird but I'd pronounce "Gannett" as "gan NET" and "gannet" as "GAN net" so it would be different for me
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    MAGESTIC®

USB BROOMSTICK CHARGER

Compatible with Every Witch's Broomstick, Especially Marisa!!

DISTRIBUTED BY DOLLAR DEPOT STORES LTD
    1696 PENNYWISE PKWY, COLERAIN, CENTRALIA
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I have not gotten any Windoze 10 button. Apparently Bill Gates has forgotten me.
    never occurred to me to pronounce Gannett as gan-NET

to get me to default to that you'd have to spell it Gannette
    I find it amusing that people continue to make Bill Gates jokes several years after he left Microsoft
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Why play Hatred when you could play The You Testament.

Aww man, have you gone to Dollar Depot this week? They have toy dollar bills on sale for $1 each!
  • today was a good day
  • ice cube video goes here
  • does anybody remember that one black metal band that released a demo full of songs they ripped off of another band's myspace page
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ...why would you do that
    About Alicorn FairyMessenger

Alicorn® FairyMessenger™ 2014
    Enterprise Edition

Version 12.0.7 (build 5600)
    Copyright © 1999–2014 Alicorn Systems Ltd.

This product is licensed to:
    Tachyon
    Grener Computer Supply Co.
    A Division of Alicorn Systems Ltd.
    7870 W. Chamberlain Avenue
    Queen City, Centralia
    ^^ it's not a bad program but i had to disable it

the county Safety Fairy kept bugging me about computer security

also cheese rolling for some reason, which is weird because i've never been cheese rolling

but apparently "you never know" when you might be hit by a stray wheel of double Gloucester
    Fucking dumbasses

not you
    THE CENTRALIA ROYAL HIGHWAY PATROL
    COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ENFORCEMENT DIVISION

"Sir, I'm afraid your vehicle is over the legal weight limit."

"What makes you think that, officer?"

"You've loaded your van entirely with ACME brand anvils to the point where your wheels are almost falling off your axles."

"Ah, so the axles are the issue? Just let me rearrange those anvils a bit."

"Sir, please just pull onto the scale."

"And what if I don't? Are you going to tow my van?"

"...No. It's too heavy."

"Aha! You can't do nothin'! I'm above the law!"

(The driver gets back in the van and attempts to speed away, but the van is so heavy that it just chugs along at 5 mph until the rear passenger-side wheel falls off.)

"Ok, whatever, go ahead and cuff me."
  • soooo my stepdad was supposed to have brought the kids over about an hour ago and they're still not here

not sure what to do here
    Ayn Rand missed her goal in life. If she'd written Atlas Shrugged as LOTR fanfic, nerds would love it to this day.
  • edited 2015-06-07 23:15:23
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^^ on the bright side, it's much harder to hijack this way
    Tachyon said:

^^ it's not a bad program but i had to disable it

the county Safety Fairy kept bugging me about computer security

also cheese rolling for some reason, which is weird because i've never been cheese rolling

but apparently "you never know" when you might be hit by a stray wheel of double Gloucester

You know those fake tech support scams where some malicious website says "You have a virus!" and tries to get you to call a fake tech support hotline that will pretend your computer is full of viruses and try to sell you something?

I want to write something where there's a popup like that but instead of a scam hotline the phone number connects you to the Safety Fairy, who proceeds to lecture you about internet security and insists on locking down your computer to the point where you can't do anything useful with it anymore.
    Extra Safe mode
    Gannett is pronounced GUH-nett
    "It says I need a password to delete this file."

"Of course you do! Without a password, anyone who has access to your computer could just dete all your stuff!"

"But it's me! I just made this file by mistake and I want to get rid of it."

"Ok, so enter the password, but make sure nobody's looking over your shoulder."

"Uh, what is the password?"

"You don't know it?"

"You just set it up! Can't you just tell me what it is."

"Ok, but first I'll need to confirm your identity by asking a series of questions only you could know the answers to."

"Are you serious right now?"

"First off, what is your mother's maiden name?"

"I'm a magical princess who went back in time to give birth to myself. So I guess I'm my mother. And I don't have a surname."

"Milady, if you're going to give me a hard time, I'm not going to help you."
    Anonus said:

well that's just downright unintuitive
    Y'know Marco Diaz really hasn't shown much signs of being the safe kid past the first episode, has he?

he's probably less safe than the average kid as of Cheer Up Star, even

kind of a shame imo, it was a bit of a gimmick i suppose but if they'd integrated it into his personality a bit more i think i'd find him more interesting than i do at present
  • Tachyon said:

Anonus said:

well that's just downright unintuitive
    and sensibility in pronunciation is gonna just gun it
    Tachyon said:

Y'know Marco Diaz really hasn't shown much signs of being the safe kid past the first episode, has he?

he's probably less safe than the average kid as of Cheer Up Star, even

kind of a shame imo, it was a bit of a gimmick i suppose but if they'd integrated it into his personality a bit more i think i'd find him more interesting than i do at present

I noticed that too. As it is, he doesn't seem to have much of a personality beyond being Star's straight man.
    "Alright, so if I've got this correctly, you say your full name is Her Royal Highness Alice, Princess of the Magical Realm of the Principality of Centralia and Island Territories."

"Yes, that's correct."

"Could you spell that for me?"

"You know, this is a pretty big hard drive. Maybe I don't need to delete this file after all."
    he's freaking out because they're trying to get him to wear a fursuit

they just want him to put some damn clothes on
    They Might Be Garnets

The only TMBG cover band that's secretly just two lesbians
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    They Might Be Gambits
  • They Might Be Girls

They Might Be Golfers

They Might Be Gits

They Might Be Garkimaseras

They Might Be Gandoliers

They Might Be Gandalfs

my computer is pretty
  • Hi, Barry Scott here, asking whether YOU have problems with lime-scale, rust, or ground-in dirt.
    2 GB, wow! That's almost enough to back up one thing! :D
  • I had wanted to back up my copy of FL Studio at the very least.
  • DropBox sucks unless I'm seriously missing something here
  • edited 2015-06-07 23:52:48
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Hi, Barry Scott here, asking whether YOU have problems with lime-scale, rust, or ground-in dirt.

You got it all wrong. For one, he's not Barry Scott, he's

BARRY SCOTT