The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I should watch some Steven Universe tonight or tomorrow
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Sunnyverse
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That's why the people of Gloucestershire believe in...Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl...and Steven!
  • I should watch some Steven Universe tonight or tomorrow

If you space it out over the next two weeks you won't have to wait for new episodes!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Correct option: Watch Haibane Renmei.

• I saw the first episode or two, I should probably watch the rest.

I recommended it to someone who was looking for a nice and chill anime, but I probably should've made sure it didn't turn into Berserk or something by the end.
    Haven said:

If you space it out over the next two weeks you won't have to wait for new episodes!
    Ooh, point. I was just thinking I could use it as a way to pass the time at work.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    All animes turn into Berserk at the end.

it is the dark secret of anime
  • Haven said:

Ooh, point. I was just thinking I could use it as a way to pass the time at work.
    watch Teekyuu

the episodes are only 2 minutes long so you don't have to worry about missing anything
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    on the contrary, you have to pay close attention and not blink or you will miss things.

but, it's all worth it!
    I'm only up to episode 34, myself
    Senpai with Senpai
  • edited 2015-06-01 02:37:36
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    * [CentralAve] (~CentralAv@heapershangout.com): Charlotte
    * [CentralAve] #ijbm @#trashheap #madokamadness #yackfest @#trashheapnsfw 
    * [CentralAve] aperture.esper.net :Thank you for helping us help you help us all!
    * [CentralAve] is using a secure connection
    * [CentralAve] idle 00:00:12, signon: Sun May 31 18:53:18
    * [CentralAve] is logged in as CentralAve
  • kill living beings
    original gangsta
  • I meant to send that post like two hours ago. I'm watching Last Week Tonight clips.

also Kanye and Kim are having another child if anyone here cares
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I hope she's called South
    Polar, actually.
  • Was making vinegar rockets at work.

I now smell of vinegar.
    ...you must have a cool job.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    What's a vinegar rocket?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    . . . i have a lot of things i have to watch now
  • edited 2015-06-01 13:54:59
    ಠ_ಠ
    Vinegar + bicarb of soda + empty coke bottle = vinegar rocket
    Granted, I got paid $11/hour to sit around and watch movies yesterday, so I shouldn't complain too much about my job :P
    at what job do you make vinegar rockets?
    A Fate game where every dialogue tree has a "Punch Shinji" option, regardless of Shinji's location in relation to yourself.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I think Steven wondering where he misplaced his pants while Pearl gives a loredump is one of the funniest parts of Steven Universe so far.
    That was pretty funny, yeah.
  • A Fate game where every dialogue tree has a "Punch Shinji" option, regardless of Shinji's location in relation to yourself.

Even if he's dead or doesn't exist yet?
  • edited 2015-06-01 17:46:39
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Yes. Never not punch Shinji.
    moo
    i was not expecting to see Tetsuo's transformation scene from Akira referenced in a children's cartoon

(not a spoiler)
    that aside

SU mostly strikes me as gently amusing, as far as i have seen

it hasn't gotten me to laugh out loud yet but it's a pleasant thing to watch
    Depending on the episode it either has me laughing, tearing up, or both

I like it a lot
    that's unusual
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I agree with Tachyon.

I really like the characters, at least.

This is one of my favourite moments from it so far:

It's even funnier when you know it's riffing on a series of real fast food training videos from the '90s:

That was why I laughed, yes.
    Ah yes, there goes Centie with her joke-explaining again. :V
    i wouldn't have gotten the reference, so thank you
    btw when i said SU hasn't gotten me to laugh out loud i didn't really mean that as a criticism

it's really, really good

and not every show has to be uproarious anyway, SU's more laidback, clever concepts, nice to look at, nice art and animation, good music .  . . it's fun
    Yeah, I'm most definitely agreed there.
    really, shows that can make me laugh out loud tend to be kind of abrasive, even mean, in a way that i don't think i'd want SU to be
    Kitten in fruit bowl:

I have a pretty low threshold for "laugh out loud" because I am basically always giggling at things, so.