The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    birthdays are terrifying
  • My dreams exceed my real life

birthdays are terrifying

Genis Sage, give me a fake name to call you by
  • Aliroz said:

I hate this thing where I have assignments due next week, and so I should wait until next week so that in class they will teach me how to do them.

So, I can't do the assignments, and my brain keeps going "assignment due!  assignment due!"  and so I can't relax or have fun in certain ways that my brain thinks of as unproductive, but I can't do the work, so I just am unproductive in ways that don't make my brain think that I'm being unproductive.  Like internet.

My brain's logic:

PLay in sandbox, play with young cousins, play with toys or legoes:  HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE ARE ASSIGNMENTS.  THIS IS NOT HOW YOU WERE RAISED.  YOU FINISH YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES FIRST, AND THEN PLAY AND NOBODY CAN TELL YOU TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM OR DO HOMEWORK BECAUSE YOU ALREADY DID/

Waste time on internet:  no comment.

Studying:  HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING STUDYING YOU DON'T HAVE THESE ASSIGNMENTS DUE UNTIL NEXT WEEK AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THESE ASSIGNMENTS.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING STUDYING WHEN IT'S LOVELY OUTSIDE AND THERE ARE MEANINGFUL LIFE EXPERIENCES TO HAVE!  FOCUS ON RELEVANT THINGS?  MAKE ME.  OH WAIT, YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT, HAVE YOU.  I DON'T WANNA STUDY.

Brains are terrible

^^ Hi, Sage
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aliroz said:

I hate this thing where I have assignments due next week, and so I should wait until next week so that in class they will teach me how to do them.

So, I can't do the assignments, and my brain keeps going "assignment due!  assignment due!"  and so I can't relax or have fun in certain ways that my brain thinks of as unproductive, but I can't do the work, so I just am unproductive in ways that don't make my brain think that I'm being unproductive.  Like internet.

My brain's logic:

PLay in sandbox, play with young cousins, play with toys or legoes:  HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE ARE ASSIGNMENTS.  THIS IS NOT HOW YOU WERE RAISED.  YOU FINISH YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES FIRST, AND THEN PLAY AND NOBODY CAN TELL YOU TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM OR DO HOMEWORK BECAUSE YOU ALREADY DID/

Waste time on internet:  no comment.

Studying:  HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING STUDYING YOU DON'T HAVE THESE ASSIGNMENTS DUE UNTIL NEXT WEEK AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THESE ASSIGNMENTS.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING STUDYING WHEN IT'S LOVELY OUTSIDE AND THERE ARE MEANINGFUL LIFE EXPERIENCES TO HAVE!  FOCUS ON RELEVANT THINGS?  MAKE ME.  OH WAIT, YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT, HAVE YOU.  I DON'T WANNA STUDY.

I have this exact same problem to varying degrees.
  • irrationality is always more infinite than rationality

I know you're trying to make a philosophical or comedic statement of some sort, but that is literally the truth and I can't take that as anything but a redundant factual statment.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Thing is, I really was raised to finish my responsibilities and then play.  To practice piano and finish homework, and then have a lot of fun.  It was especially nice, because I wouldn't have to be interrupted by responsibilities, and the small responsible voice in the back of your brain that keeps you from running out on the road and reminds you that you have responsibilities was quieted.

For a kid with anxiety issues like mine, the feeling of being able to play without anything hanging over my head was wonderful.

But now I have things hanging over my head, that I cannot do.
  • Part of the reason why brains are terrible is that they're designed to work a certain way in childhood, and then that way becomes inefficient.

You could always try to learn the material now, and then goof off in class.
  • edited 2015-02-20 21:55:51
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    No, it requires this online reading thing which is to read specific documents with huge urls that will not be revealed until next week.

Like, one of those huge online databases of published stuff that is only relevant to scholars and you need a code to access the database, and the school pays money to have the code and allow students to use it.  And they change the code every week or something like that.  And the site is formatted so you can't take screenshots or use copy-paste or anything.

So not only do I not have the URLs, I don't have the code to access them.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    so that the upper class will not be threatened
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And the hell of it is, it wasn't always this expensive. Real wages have stayed about the same since the 1970s, while the cost of education has, what, quadrupled?
  • edited 2015-02-20 22:12:04
    (2015 self)
    It wasn't always that way, (you paid a small fine per minute looking at the records at the specialized secured and monitored computers at the library) but then students were copy-pasting the material and sending it to one another for small fines, and this one kid somewhere apparently made like ten thousand dollars but they still don't know if it was a boy or a girl and who that was or at what university, so they decided to make it free and available to all computers, but with a code and with URLs only revealed in the week of that specific reading so there was no money in illegal trading.
    In that case, wouldn't it be easier to just print the things duplex on copier paper and let everyone have a copy? Sometimes digital isn't the right answer.
  • an sjw keeps standing outside my house yelling 'return the slab'
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    closed-access publishing is a cancer
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    the fuck is the slab
    Aliroz: what exactly is the reading, anyway? Is it literature or a primary source, or is it pages from a textbook or workbook?
  • edited 2015-02-20 22:24:27
    (2015 self)
    Primary source.

Copy-protected medical records and case studies for a human growth and development class (names changed, but still.  People have privacy rights).

Because part of certain medical agreements is that they can use your records to train noobies and for university schoolwork, even if they can't give the information to the insurance companies because you said no to that.

And we have to promise not to reproduce the information and sell it to insurance companies (because I totally have the contacts and resources to do that).
  • edited 2015-02-20 22:21:38
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

the fuck is the slab

a Courage the Cowardly Dog reference
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    naney said:

an sjw keeps standing outside my house yelling 'return the slab'

I told Cartoon Network not to send their marketing people there
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Smug Pope
    (2015 self)
    Yaaaaaaaaaay!  Pope!

I like Popes!
  • kill living beings

there are infinite rational and infinite irrational numbers

is what i meant

Yeah, but the function's domain is finite, so the range has to be finite. 
    there are infinitely many rationals and irrationals in any finite interval too

i don't know why i'm hassling about this, well, what the fuck ev
  • naney said:

an sjw keeps standing outside my house yelling 'return the slab'

King ~Raaaaamseeees~
    the man in gauze

the man in gauze

the man in gauze
  • edited 2015-02-20 23:01:09
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ↓ Who told you you could bring that in here? Don't make me call the guards!
  • there are infinite rational and infinite irrational numbers

is what i meant

Yeah, but the function's domain is finite, so the range has to be finite. 
    there are infinitely many rationals and irrationals in any finite interval too

i don't know why i'm hassling about this, well, what the fuck ev
    Oh. Yeah, good point.
    tomato!
  • i was intending on a generic nightclub "night out"

i am now watching a pretty good doom metal band

success?
  • im eating onion chips and not really doing anything else tbh
  • some p big riffs going on currently
  • no idea who these guys are but they all have beards which is surely the sign of a Good Doom Metal Band
  • ↓ Who told you you could bring that in here? Don't make me call the guards!

It is my right as a dude to bring things that are pointy into places!
    good doom metal is better than most things
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Good bye.
    see ya!
    Kexruct said:

Please do not go to Casa Bonita. The food is gross, the bathrooms are foul, and the stereotypes are abundant.

tbh I still can't believe Kexruct commited this heresy
    i've never been to Casa Bonita and I live in Denver
    Anonus said:

i've never been to Casa Bonita and I live in Denver

I've never been to Eden, and I live in Paradise
    have you been to Casa Bonita?
    Anonus said:

have you been to Casa Bonita?

I do not need to GO to heaven to know it's perfect, pace Anselm
  • Anna's Taqueria > Chipotle
    lived in Arizona for three years, never went to the Grand Canyon, a terrible missed opportunity to see a big hole in the ground
    The Grand Canyon pales next to Casa Bonita.
    (2015 self)

lived in Arizona for three years, never went to the Grand Canyon, a terrible missed opportunity to see a big hole in the ground

You do NOT call it that.
    The Grand Canyon pales next to Taco Bell, big deal
  • edited 2015-02-21 02:35:35
    (2015 self)

Okay, I have put up with you guys and your hatred of geography long enough, but I am not putting up with you guys disparaging the Grand Canyon.

That is where I draw the line.
    Aliroz said:

Okay, I have put up with you guys and your hatred of geography long enough, but I am not putting up with you guys disparaging the Grand Canyon.

That is where I draw the line.
    You are right.

It is just that Casa Bonita is Literally Perfect