The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Panurge said:

*feeds Naney*

^w^
  • edited 2015-02-19 19:08:11
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    > Get on North Express
    > Realize I should have taken Campus Loop North to make it to class on time
    > Remember there was a CLN directly behind us as we left the last stop
    > At the next stop, quietly get off the NE and get on the CLN that pulls in immediately behind
    > Make it to class over 15 minutes early

Having that freakish Sherlock Holmes-style attention to detail DOES have practical uses at times.
  • Write more of my story or play The Sims 3?

What to do, what to do?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The original Caterpillar song in Alice in Wonderland is really obviously about drugz 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tools said:

Write more of my story or play The Sims 3?

What to do, what to do?
    I considered making Rachel (my 1024-year-old little girl demon self) a house in The Sims 4 but I feel like it would be pointless since you can't make a child live without at least one adult
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Tools-assisted speedrun
    experience points increased 120%
    if your character got amnesia I suppose your experience points would decrease.
    bells
    I don't wanna go to work but I guess I am anyway
  • edited 2015-02-20 01:32:31
    Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

Minimal Shrine
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • edited 2015-02-20 02:10:58
    Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • I wanna buy Darkest Dungeon but I'm pretty sure I'm out of money again.

Oh well.
    now I'm here
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I am not in the mood for syncopation, rounds, harmony, or any sort of embellishment or accompaniment.  And percussion is out of the question.

You will play one note at a time and that will be the melody.  You will stay in one key signature and will not use trills.

I do not need to hear bangbangbangbang bangbangbangbang bangbangbangbang on the drums.  Drums add nothing to music and never have.  They are glorified metronomes.

And no, there can not be a duet.  This is one instrument only, one note at a time.

And for the love of all that is good and holy, you will end this song with a resolution on the tonic.
  • the tonic scale degree or the tonic chord?  [/smart aleck]
  • edited 2015-02-20 03:28:25
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    You will not swing or play slack-key.  This is no time for hawaiian traditions, you would-be Shimabukuroes.

^The tonic scale degree.  This is no time for chords.
    Aliroz said:

I do not need to hear bangbangbangbang bangbangbangbang bangbangbangbang on the drums.  Drums add nothing to music and never have.  They are glorified metronomes.

You stand corrected.
  • > This is no time for chords

Oh, now you've done it.  Now you've done it.  I'm declaring war now.
  • Aliroz said:

• gonna drop some sick chords on this FL Studio preset beat brurh
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

You stand corrected.
    That was junk.

Merely sounds in sequence.

Then again, considering it's Led Zeppelin, I'm being generous by calling it merely, "junk".

Nobody wants to hear more than eight sounds in a second.  There's a reason why nobody likes flutes and their evil, diabolical witchcraft of double-tonguing. 

And what is this more-than-one tempo stuff?  One tempo only.  Keep to it.  Quarter notes only.

I don't like these semihemideciquavers, no sir.

(2015 self)
    HARPSICHORD, ONE NOTE AT A TIME, QUARTER NOTES ONLY.
    (2015 self)
    stop having fun, guys.
    If I didn't know you were just joking around I'd make you into luggage.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    pretend I posted some five-hour-long Rush drum solo
    they're usually 20 minutes at most, but sure

moar great drums
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • also, proper attribution: that melody is one of the canti firmi from some book on species counterpoint.
    (2015 self)
    Yes.

I am happy now.

That was lovely.

(sorry if I offended any of you guys. I really was only joking.  I mean, if that was actually my tastes, I'd be unable to like basically all western music except for gregorian chant and stuff like what glenn posted.)

But, well, sometimes I just want the simplest music possible.
  • edited 2015-02-20 04:00:31
    I know you're joking around, no worries. :D

Here, enjoy some duophony and triophony.

(2015 self)
    See, if I were really like that, I wouldn't be able to enjoy that.

And I don't want to be a me who can't enjoy Bach.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    If there's been a way to build it, there'll be a way to destroy it.

Things are not all that out of control.
  • glennmagusharveyglennmagusharvey
    hugs @Aliroz
    edited 2015-02-20 04:07:20
    /me hugs @Aliroz
  • I think the problem with /r/atheism and derivative sites' "fuck religion" attitude is that they think they're just attacking Christianity specifically.

Which I understand. I'm non-religious myself and I get bitterness at Christianity (Catholicism specifically). 

But that attitude? Doesn't just apply to Christianity (which can afford to take a few hits tbh). You're hitting Islam and Judaism, two religions with loooong histories of marginalization, with it too.
  • urgh, don't mind me. My friend was smack-talked by a brave and euphoric asstard for being religious (in a D&D channel, no less) and I'm kind of pissed off.
  • that link was at al btw regarding simple music
    blasphemy
  • I think if anything Catholics tend to be nicer people on average.  Individual Catholics could totally be jerks though.

Also, I don't like how religious fanatics like to whip people up by emphasizing their religion's being marginalized, and try to appeal to that nihilistic sense of epic battle royale of epic proportions -- especially if it then gets followed by eschatological references..
  • I know plenty of asshole Catholics but that is because I was raised Catholic and most of the people I knew when growing up were Catholic.

Larger sample size.
  • Funny: a lot of the really nice Christians I know are the non-Catholics. Although maybe that's just cognitive bias talking.

Also eh, non-oppressed mainstream religions do that too (i.e. War on Christmas). It's all too easy to support something you believe in when you're under the impression that it's being attacked.

• I know plenty of asshole Catholics but that is because I was raised Catholic and most of the people I knew when growing up were Catholic.

Larger sample size.
    Same here.
    (2015 self)
    Religious people should be kind.  Non-religious people should be kind.  Agnostics should be kind.

All should be kind to all.

-hugs Glennmagusharvey-

I an understand that feeling of being ticked when someone smack-talks your friends.  Urgh, you know, you just want to punch the person who is smack-talking your friend.

(Yes, I realize this contradicts this "all should be kind to all" statement.  That is why we don't actually punch people.  Just be angry and plan revenge do what we can to help those we care about to know that they are loved and deserve better than such smack-talk).
  • I am sequencing what currently exists of my album.

I am content.