The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• i'm in northern virginia

seems like tonight's low is gonna be the single digits fahrenheit

factoring in wind chill something like past -20 degF
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    As noted earlier, our power went out earlier because of the winds. Thankfully, it came back around 10-ish.
  • it's 4 degrees here

that's Fahrenheit, for you foreigners

same

our power is finally back, I say, knowing I may well jinx myself
  • man i feel fucking lost
  • like even more than usual

i hope the TJ Maxx lady calls back saying i got the job...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    good luck
  • feels like spring is coming over here. sunny and fresh and less cold
  • like look

this is the entirety of "Pipes of Astra-Khan"

idk what's wrong with that but i remember that song was cool regardless of the process
  • edited 2015-02-15 13:51:11
    blurring the line between analogy and literality
  • shit
    shovel
    shame
    sham
    shadow
    shaft
    shine
    shop
    shire
    shut
    shepherd
    sheep
    shout
    shotput
    shoujo
    shore
    shack
    shaman
    shock
    shyper
    shipping
    shape
    sherman
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Disregard swearing.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • that makes sense.
  • If I am not the crankiest person on earth right now, I must at least be in the running.

Pipes have been frozen since last night. Can't do the dishes, can't take a shower, can't use the bathroom, and not to be gross, but I've been holding it since just after they froze and I will not be able to leave the house until at least 6.

I am going to bitch to everyone who can listen and hope that relieves some small measure of my pain.
  • :(

I'm sorry...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    me too
  • kill living beings
    let's all love goreshit

When she does this I call her "Dusty8all".
  • She's still on the pillow 8ut is now taking a 8ath.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Does your cat like to be held, or is she a don't-pick-me-up cat?
  • She loves snuggling. She'll purr and give me kitty kisses when I pick her up.

I think it helps that I've had her since she was a tiny kitten, so she's come to know that me picking her up means she's gonna get snuggles and love and ear scritches. (And man does she love ear scritches!)
  • sredni's kitty is very nice. also talkative!!!
  • Dusty likes to sit near her food 8owl and mew until I feed her.
  • She also likes to greet me when I come home from work, I'll open the door and she runs over and mews at me, then I pick her up and she purrs and snuggles up and sometimes licks my chin.

She's very lovey.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Happy 5th anniversary, Cookie☆!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    cute touhou pic there nohay
  • holy ever loving mother of fuck my computer is slow

i wonder if i can create a disk to reinstall windows

or else i'll have to wait for windows 10

ugh
  • i'd switch to Ubuntu but FL doesn't really work in Wine anymore
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I think Linux is much better than Windows.

Also that isn't just a Touhou pic but a Cookie☆ fan art.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    naney said:

i'd switch to Ubuntu but FL doesn't really work in Wine anymore

oh :(
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Cream said:

I think Linux is much better than Windows.

Also that isn't just a Touhou pic but a Cookie☆ fan art.

i don't know what a cookie☆ is though
    This... thing.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    bluh, got a 53 on my math midterm

gonna have to really step it up the rest of the semester to get through this one >_>
  • I tried to search "math horse" to find something encouraging but on the first page of results

I looked for context, but no, someone thought this was a thing that followed logically.

Anyway, good luck with the next test. You can do it. Because you didn't do that.
  • bluh, got a 53 on my math midterm

gonna have to really step it up the rest of the semester to get through this one >_>
    Does your class have a curve?

I've failed, well, a good number of math midterms in my career, and I still managed to pass all of those classes (if barely)
  • a runabout

no-one will ever know
    Haven said:

I tried to search "math horse" to find something encouraging but on the first page of results

I looked for context, but no, someone thought this was a thing that followed logically.

Anyway, good luck with the next test. You can do it. Because you didn't do that.
    Well, I appreciate the effort, at least. ^_^

bluh, got a 53 on my math midterm

Does your class have a curve?

I've failed, well, a good number of math midterms in my career, and I still managed to pass all of those classes (if barely)
    It's curved, yeah, and I'm sure I'll do better on the next two, but this isn't a good way to end the weekend, you know?
  • Haven said:

I tried to search "math horse" to find something encouraging but on the first page of results

the lesson is that if Centie had voted for Romney she would have done better
  • Thanks, Obama. #obligatory

It's curved, yeah, and I'm sure I'll do better on the next two, but this isn't a good way to end the weekend, you know?

Then you should do nice to cheer yourself up so that that isn't the thing that ends the weekend. Maybe eat some ice cream or get some really good road pictures or something.
  • kill living beings
    push

pull
    Haven said:

Thanks, Obama. #obligatory

Then you should do nice to cheer yourself up so that that isn't the thing that ends the weekend. Maybe eat some ice cream or get some really good road pictures or something.
    Good idea.

I should find something fun to do with Anonus, maybe.
  • Watch a movie together?

Also, did you ever do that google maps tour of Portland you asked me about? If not, that could be relaxing.
    I started but didn't get very deep yet ^_^