I decided to try scanning an ebook because I'm an idiot

edited 2014-09-02 01:14:00 in General

...it worked rather better than I expected.

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Wow.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "My father observed with pain the alteration perceptible in my disposition and habits and endeavored by arguments deduced from the feelings of his serene conscience and guiltless life to inspire me with fortitude and awaken in me the courage to dispel the dark cloud which brooded over me."

Remember when writing like that was considered a good thing?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    And that was written by a teenage girl, no less!
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-09-02 02:03:31
    Shoot, now I'm curious as to what my Kindle would look like on our scanner.

The results... probably wouldn't be pretty.
  • That's a book what I done read recently.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre got me curious enough to try scanning something with an actual LCD screen.

...not the best, though I'm surprised it's actually readable at all
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    whoa.  I wonder what causes the banding.  Probably subpixels.  If you can do a color scan, how does that turn out?
    That is a color scan. For some reason the color didn't really come through. *shrug*
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    huh.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    nice to see you have my thread bookmarked
  • That is a color scan. For some reason the color didn't really come through. *shrug*

That IS odd.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The light and dark show because of how much light is being projected from the screen into the scanner, but the colours do not register.
  • Yeah, same thing happened with my Kindle.

(a cookie to whoever comes up with a clever comment :P)
  • "Jake, why is my picture in black and white?"
    "I don't know, but it pales in comparison to the problem of you looking like Sasuke!"
  • Heh, fair enough, I'll take it.