The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I always play Pokemon by choosing the Pokemon with the gimmicks I like best, and then overlevelling them to kill everything.

There is apparently a deep complex internal structure, but I don't care.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    I hurt so fucking much that I feel "high" from the pain.
  • Odradek said:

I always play Pokemon by choosing the Pokemon with the gimmicks I like best, and then overlevelling them to kill everything.

This is the real way to play Pokemon
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

Odradek said:

Kexruct said:
    Accepting trans people will transport us to a magical wonderland of fun and games. Which is why we shouldn't do it harumph shakes cane most unorthodox

Why are people so afraid of the possibility that some women used to have vaguely male-like parts at some point in their lives? And why do they seem to pretend that men who used to have female-like parts do not exist at all? Are they that afraid of accidentally doing something that a twelve-year-old might consider gay?
    They're afraid of the possibility of a man NOT ACTING LIKE A REAL MAN SHOULD AND WOMEN STEPPING OUTSIDE THEIR PROPER PLACE. :O
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Also it challenges the notion that men are from Mars and women are from Venus, etc.
    My favorite Pokemon from Gen 1 is CubonePokémon_Cubone_art.png

My favorite Pokemon from Gen 2 is Xatu xatu.jpg

My favorite Pokemon from Gen 3 is Castform File:351Castform Rainy Form Dream.png

After that I stopped playing, because I was a teen and did not play handheld games much.
  • [other stuff] and I don't like letting him out in these sorts of spaces because
    furniture gets broken and walls get tagged... >.>
    don't worry, on a wonderposting forum, you can virtually break furniture and tag walls and it's all okay because there's no lasting damage
  • *throws a park bench at a wall, creating a dent*
    *spray paints said wall with the quadratic formula*

see?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Odradek said:

Same.

I stopped after Gen 2, although I got into Fire Red more recently.
  • edited 2014-06-02 21:49:05
    may i reply (substantially) to something in the tachyon vs. less wrong thread, here?
    Why?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

[other stuff] and I don't like letting him out in these sorts of spaces because
    furniture gets broken and walls get tagged... >.>
    don't worry, on a wonderposting forum, you can virtually break furniture and tag walls and it's all okay because there's no lasting damage
    Not when there is a real discussion going on Glenn, with real people.
  • ^ i meant in this thread, specifically

or, heck, in any one of the many wonderposting threads that i and others have created over the course of time

yes, i mean this as an official statement that all those snowclone threads i've started are fair game for other people to shitpost in
    Odradek said:

Why?

because someone said something that i want to discuss but it seems the conversation ended over there
    I'm not about to say what you can and can't discuss but keep in mind that it ended for a reason.
  • edited 2014-06-02 21:58:03
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

^ i meant in this thread, specifically

This isn't strictly a wonderposting thread.  It's a conversational/hangout thread where some wonderposting is tolerated.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    At the end of the day, we're all sociopaths.
    Tachyon said:

^ i meant in this thread, specifically

This isn't strictly a wonderposting thread.  It's a conversational/hangout thread where some wonderposting is tolerated.
    Yeah. It's the general thread.

Very, very general, but it's not supposed to be nonsense mostly.

At the end of the day, we're all sociopaths.

I hope not.
  • well to be honest i think that this thread -- in its role as a social thread -- ought to be a place where, when, say, you really feel stressed out and want to break something, you can in fact (imaginarily) break something here, and express yourself.

so i shouldn't throw that imaginary park bench at Sredni Vashtar or pretend to pie Odradek in the face specifically, because that would be rude, but i think it ought to be a place where i can vent grievances and frustrations without too much looking over my shoulder to make sure i'm making complete sense

as well as a place to share joy and humor and fun

and to chat about whatever
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    someone to dance with
    *does my best I have ever done*
    I feel pretty good, please nobody bring me down
  • would you describe your state of being as "eating a cheeseburger in paradise"

well to be honest i think that this thread -- in its role as a social thread -- ought to be a place where, when, say, you really feel stressed out and want to break something, you can in fact (imaginarily) break something here, and express yourself.

so i shouldn't throw that imaginary park bench at Sredni Vashtar or pretend to pie Odradek in the face specifically, because that would be rude, but i think it ought to be a place where i can vent grievances and frustrations without too much looking over my shoulder to make sure i'm making complete sense

as well as a place to share joy and humor and fun

and to chat about whatever

That's OK.

But in context I was referring to my tendency to get pretty "take no prisoners" in arguments...
    I did indeed eat a cheeseburger a few minutes ago, but it was at Wendy's.

would you describe your state of being as "eating a cheeseburger in paradise"

I wish.
  • edited 2014-06-02 22:05:45

yes, my boyfriend is miiiiiiighty fierce.
  • i could enjoy a cheeseburger right now

Jimmy Buffet sings children's songs for adults.

well to be honest i think that this thread -- in its role as a social thread -- ought to be a place where, when, say, you really feel stressed out and want to break something, you can in fact (imaginarily) break something here, and express yourself.

This is in part why I made my own personal thread.

The Emotional Problems Pile also serves the purpose of being a place to vent, to some degree.
  • also, at the risk of causing problems, i'm just going to come right out and say it openly and honestly

i wanted to repost my assessment of / reply to mr. darcy's worldview.  i mentioned it on IRC (#yackfest) years ago when i first met him, though i thought it was an issue that had dropped off the radar, so i never bothered mentioning it again.
  • Odradek said:

I actually really enjoy Jimmy Buffett's early work.

"Cheeseburger in Paradise" is an awful song, though.
    Odradek said:

He does.

yes, my boyfriend is miiiiiiighty fierce.

...where are my sister's feather boa and my purple pimp hat, damnitall?!
    Mr Darcy seldom posts in this thread, so I'm not sure what good that'll do.
    "Cheeseburger in Paradise" is the only Jimmy Buffett song I have any liking for.
  • Tachyon said:

This is in part why I made my own personal thread.

The Emotional Problems Pile also serves the purpose of being a place to vent, to some degree.
    I generally take the EPP as a more serious place, with much more respect for others, as well as rules/customs of confidentiality and such.  At least, I don't think of it as any place to be silly, flippant, teasing, playfully mocking, etc..
    I wouldn't think it was the appropriate place for any of those things, no.
    Well, I will own to some very occasional flippancy there, but only in an attempt to cheer people up.
  • Rottweiler seldom posts much at all.

I sympathize with you, glenn, but at some point you're shooting rats with rocket launchers and the whole thing just starts to not be worth the trouble.

Speaking of shooting rats with rocket launchers, I'm gonna go play some Fallout 3 now. Game was free a couple months ago and apparently our Xbox just like, downloaded it without asking us, so I see no reason to not play it, and have been enjoying it pretty well.
    IJBM: There aren't more Fantasia-likes. Fantasia, Allegro Non Troppo, and Fantasia 2000 were not enough.

Rottweiler seldom posts much at all.

I sympathize with you, glenn, but at some point you're shooting rats with rocket launchers and the whole thing just starts to not be worth the trouble.

Speaking of shooting rats with rocket launchers, I'm gonna go play some Fallout 3 now. Game was free a couple months ago and apparently our Xbox just like, downloaded it without asking us, so I see no reason to not play it, and have been enjoying it pretty well.

People get really up in arms about that game not living up to the buggy badly-programmed old Fallout games with shitty combat.

They do like New Vegas, which is basically the same engine so w/e
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Fantasia didn't have enough celebrity voices for the modern feature animation world
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    nobody took my bait

i guess i'm not a very good troll
    Anonus said:

Fantasia didn't have enough celebrity voices for the modern feature animation world

Which is why fantasia 2000 had so many cameos.

Didn't help it.
  • more like centrollia amirite
    I loved Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, honestly.
  • edited 2014-06-02 22:20:58
    well if as you say he doesn't really check this thread then i guess it doesn't matter if i just post it here

i think his worldview -- or at least the worldview he seems to hold based on reading the things he writes -- makes an implicit assumption that people's philosophical/religious/ideological beliefs are the primary drivers of people's behavior, and he seems to use this to draw broad strokes about people as defined and identified by their belief systems

rather than (kinda) the other way around, i.e. people's beliefs being driven/defined by their behavior as well as their social interactions/contexts

it's true that beliefs drive behavior in some cases, but this is a secondary effect, with beliefs being themselves defined by other causes, as opposed to being the governing structure that defines behavior, for most people.  and sometimes, you get beliefs being conveniently used to justify actions/opinions -- for example, homophobes using a single line from the bible to justify their homophobia.

TL;DR beliefs systems don't primarily define human behavior, so drawing broad strokes about people based on their philosophies or religions is very unrealistic.

edit: ahh, cripes, i had to score a pagetopper for this.
    Anonus said:

I know you were joking here, sort of, but that's not the point of a film like that.

Also, the "Valse Triste" section in Allegro Non Troppo makes me sob. I will make no pretences to that scene not breaking my heart every time I see it.
  • Odradek said:

Rottweiler seldom posts much at all.

People get really up in arms about that game not living up to the buggy badly-programmed old Fallout games with shitty combat.

They do like New Vegas, which is basically the same engine so w/e
    That's kinda of funny, because most of the people I talked to preferred 3 to the old Fallout games.

I do enjoy New Vegas more, though half of my enjoyment comes from the DLCs from New Vegas, especially Old World Blues.
    Tachyon said:

I loved Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, honestly.

As well you should.

Sorcerer's Apprentice is the best Mickey Mouse related thing ever.