ITT: Princess Alice takes a Royal Highway Patrol cruiser for a joyride on a Saturday night

edited 2014-03-22 21:19:41 in Roleplay & Games
Who wants to come along? We can hit up the Wendy's drive-thru!

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You have Wendy's in Centralia?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    But of course! We need our greasy, unhealthy food just as much as any nation!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    COME ON MOTHERFUCKERS SOMEBODY GET IN THE DAMN CAR WITH ME
  • But Wendy isn't a Disney princess, is she? *gets in the car anyway*
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I like going to Wendy's

*gets in*
    Anyone can be a Disney Princess, if you believe!

Or not.

Whatever, let's get this show on the road.

*flips on all the blinky blue lights, pulls out onto a rural stretch of Principal Highway going well over the speed limit*
    can we put some music on? I brought a Cannibal Corpse CD
    I don't know if this car actually has a CD player

All these buttons and switches confuse me

*presses a button, accidentally deploys a spike strip across the lane behind me*

...we should probably have someone go pick that up.
    *awkwardly holds radio handset* Yes, Dispatch? This is, um, Her Royal Highness. I accidentally left some rather pointy objects in the middle of Principal Highway. Could you, like, have someone come pick them up before someone runs over them?

Where on Principal Highway, milady?

I dunno, somewhere between the police station and Enchanted Forest National Park.

That's, like, 10 miles!

Well, yeah. But I'm sure you guys can find it. Centralia's Finest!

That's the Queen City Police Department.

Are you saying there are officers finer than you?

No, I mean that nickname is for--never mind, we'll find the spikes. Just go finish whatever you're doing.

Yay! Thanks.
    Hey Dispatch, can you tell me where to find the nearest Wendy's?

*sigh* I don't mean to be rude, Your Highness, but, like...can you hold off on the radio for a while? We're trying to catch some PopStation smugglers who're coming down Route 21 and you're kind of getting in the way.

Oh, fine. Talk to you when I get back, I suppose.

No, no, you won't, because I'll still be working then. This is kind of my actual job, you see.

Wait a minute, I recognize that attitude anywhere! Is that you, Guardsman Payne?

Guardsman Payne? Oh, Lee Payne! No, I'm his cousin, PC Jennifer Payne. You can tell by the way I'm a woman.

Always good to talk to one of the Royal Paynes! I'll let you get back to work, Jenny.

Please don't call me that, milady.

Bye bye now.

Well, I guess we're on our own. Which way should I turn at this next intersection?
    up
  • edited 2014-03-22 22:14:20
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    THAT IS NOT A DIRECTION THIS VEHICLE CAN GO

*blares the siren, flips a u-turn in defiance of the red left turn arrow, narrowly avoids hitting a semi*
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    popstation smugglers
    who the hell smuggles POPstations into Centralia
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    the most unscrupulous of fiends

probably not very smart fiends, since it's unlikely to be a profitable venture
    (fuck, i roleplayed myself into a corner here)
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Drive to the base of the POPstation smugglers.

That's your way out, if you wish to accept it.
    Now there's a way to spice up our evening! I believe the wonderful PC Payne said they were out on Route 21?

*makes a sharp left turn, causing mild discomfort to everyone in the car, then drives over a railroad crossing at highway speeds, narrowly avoiding a freight train and probably causing severe damage to the Crown Vic's suspension in the process*

(singing poorly) Heeeeeading for Hiiiiighway Twenty-One!
    Hey, PC Payne?

I thought we agreed--

I know, I know, but I've just got one more question and then I'll leave you alone.

*sigh* Fine.

What kind of car were those PopStation smugglers driving?

...Why do you need to know that?

Just curious.

You're not going chasing after them, are you?

Of course not! But, you know, as your princess, I have a right to know. v_v

What do you mean "vee underscore vee"?

Well, actually--

You know what? I don't have time for this. It's a white Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.

Thanks! Good luck with the apprehending criminals!

Yes, right.
    Alright, here we are by Route 21. Let's pull over and see if we can spot them.

Holler if you see a white Sprinter!
    It just passed by! *points left*
    (I love how there's like seven of us all packed into a Crown Vic by this point. Must be magic.)

Haha, nice eye, AU! I knew I could count on you.

*pulls out onto the road*

Crap! They're making a run for it! I forgot I left the lights on...they must have seen the blue and realized the cops are on their tail. What do I do??
    You know what? This is my country. And DAMNED IF I'M GONNA LET SOME RUFFIANS GET AWAY ON MY WATCH!

*flips on the siren, goes chasing after the white van as fast as I can*
  • *throws a red shell out the window at them*
  • kill living beings
    hacks the police radio system to make it play everybody's voices backwards
    No gniog s'tahw, Ssenhgih Rouy?

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU, PC PAYNE! BUT I'VE GOT YOUR CRIMINALS IN MY SIGHT!

oh no

we're coming up on a town

fasten your seatbelts, everybody
    STOP! IN THE NAME OF YOUR PRINCESS!

ALSO THE LAW!

*rounds a corner too sharply and knocks over a traffic signal pole*

Goddammit! That was a 1940s Crouse-Hinds Type D fixed four-way signal! You bastards!
    AH! LITTERING! YOU'LL BE FINED FOR THAT, YOU KNOW!

*swerves to avoid the banana peel, but goes too far and ends up driving on the sidewalk*
    I have an idea!

Quick, somebody take the wheel!
  • oh I'm sorry, I'll pay that momentarily. It'll be no trouble. I'm fairly rich because MY DRIVING'S GOLDEN, YEEAAAAAAAAAH

-swerves into a very illegal u-turn-
    Aaah, he's coming right at us! *hastily makes a sharp right, runs into a mailbox*

That was Royal Post property! You'll pay for this!

*backs the car up and resumes chasing*
  • HAH, YOUR CORRODING MONARCHY CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES! ANARCHISM IS THE FUTURE!

-smashes into every traffic light for the next two miles-
    AH MY BEAUTIFUL TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEM

YOU SPIT IN THE VERY FACE OF THE CENTRALIA TRANSPORT IMPROVEMENT ACT

SOMEBODY TAKE THE WHEEL, I'M THROUGH PLAYING NICE
  • ARE YOU READY TO FACE THE NEW SYSTEM HEAD ON? BRING IT ON!

-stops the car, gets out, does the 'come and get me' thing with the hand-
    *stops the car, hops out without even bothering to put it in "park", and draws my magic wand*

FREEZE! I HAVE PRINCESS MAGIC AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!

*the car continues rolling because nobody has taken the wheel*
  • WELL I HAVE ANARCHY MAGIC AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE THAT EITHER

-spends a couple of seconds trying to figure out how to turn on anarchy magic; it turns out that it requires modern dance-
  • *grabs the wheel, belatedly*

*obeys the speed limit*
    *stands there, sweating, with my wand aimed at Yarrun*

*my dress is probably ruined*

oh crap oh crap oh crap where are the actual police when you need them
  • OI IS THE PRINCESS SCARED? WELL, GET A TASTE OF THIS!

-tries to cast; fails; desperately dances in an attempt to turn the magic back on-
  • kill living beings

Thgis ym ni slanimirc ruoy tog ev'i tub! Enyap PC, uoy dnatsrednu t'nac I!

The police dispatcher sat back. He'd thought it might be a busy night, but now that Her Highness was involved anything was possible.

His first day on the job, of course, he'd thought it was ridiculous. As a beat cop he'd never had to deal with - uh, well that's not the best way to phrase it - he'd never run into the royalty. Most people in Centralia haven't, really; sure, they'd see her parades, or at academy convocations, or just when she decided to use Princess Magic to clear some clouds and go tanning.

As a dispatcher, though, he heard every thing she did, or at least every one that involved any cops. The rap sheet went on and on. Public rowdiness, abuse of language, conspiracy to overthrow the state (that one had, he chuckled, actually been fun)... mostly harmless misdemeanors, and a few curveballs.

As sovereign, Her Highness was of course immune to the reach of law. In some sense, that reach was hers, and why would she reach... around... nevermind. Point was you couldn't arrest her. And really you'd never particularly want to. Yeah, she did some shit. But hell, he remembered the chop houses as well as any cop who'd done the border. People shambling to Centralian asylum with their arms sewn on backwards, and that wasn't even getting into what was thrown.

So hey, she decides to literally tear the roof off a discotheque, why the hell not? Life needs some levity.

Apparently the criminal was an anarchist. He could sympathize, but hopefully the guy wasn't too serious about it. That would just be no fun.

The dispatcher chose his next words carefully. He enunciated:

Is his refrigerator running too? You'd better catch them!!

Meht hctac retteb d'uoy!! Oot gninnur rotaregirfer sih si?

He wasn't the best comedian.
    never made it to Wendy's, I see
  • kill living beings
    tbqjh is anything even good at wendy's

other than those frosty things obviously
  • to be quite...jesus honest?
    *is still holding Yarrun at wandpoint*

LITTLE HELP, GUYS?
  • kill living beings
    Haven said:

to be quite...jesus honest?

alright that's it *hacks car to steer it at yarrun*
    Royal Sysadmin to the rescue! I knew computerizing the highway patrol cars wasn't a waste of money!