The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2013-08-09 16:59:40
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    @CA: Yes, exactly. While I may have serious issues with other members of the moderation, only Fighteer has ever struck me as truly hypocritical in his positions.
  • man if you don't like TVTropes don't go there.

I still read the wiki and sometimes pop on the forums as Twizzler just to see if anything's changed, but that's pretty much never the case.

also, the site stores your passwords in plaintext, so if you're one of those people who uses the same password or same couple passwords for everything, you may want to change it.
  • people have hypothesized that Fighteer is an alt account for Fast Eddie, and it wouldn't really surprise me if that was the case.
  • people have hypothesized that Fighteer is an alt account for Fast Eddie, and it wouldn't really surprise me if that was the case.

that makes far, far too much sense

i liked best of mostly, even if he seemed a tad slow and was defensive of richard dawkins.
  • edited 2013-08-09 17:04:00
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

people have hypothesized that Fighteer is an alt account for Fast Eddie, and it wouldn't really surprise me if that was the case.

Hmm.  Fascinating.

people have hypothesized that Fighteer is an alt account for Fast Eddie, and it wouldn't really surprise me if that was the case.

i liked best of mostly, even if he seemed a tad slow and was defensive of richard dawkins.
    Best Of never seemed at all slow to me.  What makes you say that?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am pretty sure that Fighteer is a different person. Their mannerisms and attitudes are different, even if they are both bad attitudes.

Not... really? Like, other than the fact that both of them are kind of abrasive they really don't have that much in common.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    1, 2, 3, 4
  • And I can tolerate Fast Eddie's rudeness a lot more considering he's stressed the majority of the time, according to Tachyon, and he's older than the majority of Tropers by at least 40 years.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, if only Gus and Janitor were there to take some of Eddie's load.
  • Aliroz said:

I never liked Fighteer. He's very mean.

Personally, I think Best Of is more mean; but yeah, Fighteer can get very mean when he's pushed too far.
    If Best Of was ever mean, I never saw it. Never struck me as particularly mean. I disagreed with him about his logic on certain things and a few of his decisions as a mod, but he never struck me as mean.

Fighteer's a smeghead, no argument there, but there were a few times I took enjoyment in him being rude if his target was an ass, even if Fighteer was a hypocrite about being rude and his behavior.
    (2015 self)
    Well, I think it's pretty mean to have a signature like Best Of does (as in mean on a general level of ideas and concepts; like Randall-Munroe kind of mean).

But, on a personal level, yeah, Best Of is nice.
  • edited 2013-08-09 17:18:17
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    TV Tropes is retarded and conversations about it have a similar fate. u_u
    how the fuck do you use FRAPS for anything? It's like a menu of options but there doesn't seem to be an actual program.
    Open Fraps, click on the "Movies" tab, choose the options you want, set a capture key, open a Fraps-compatible game (which is almost all of them), press the capture key to start recording, and press it again to stop recording. Click the "View" button to see your recorded videos.
  • Aliroz said:

Well, I think it's pretty mean to have a signature like Best Of does (as in mean on a general level of ideas and concepts; like Randall-Munroe kind of mean).

But, on a personal level, yeah, Best Of is nice.

How was Randall Munroe mean?
  • Miko said:

TV Tropes is retarded and conversations about it have a similar fate. u_u

Can you, uh,

Not
    Best Of can be very blunt and no-nonsense in an off-putting way if someone has pushed his buttons, and I have strongly disagreed with his reasoning on several occasions, but he does not strike me as mean-spirited. Fighteer can be, however, which makes his sanctimony even more irritating.

That said, Fighteer's little ultimatum to Natasel shortly before that cretin got himself banned was so satisfying.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    oops I typed a post that also participates. :x *wears a dunce cap* I'm going to go back to my corner now.
  • edited 2013-08-09 17:39:52
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I believe I spoke to him in private once or twice. He was nice. Also I don't mind that you're participating so much as that you said "retarded," but that's just me.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    oops
    (2015 self)
    Randal Munroe's Black Hat Guy comics and his My Hobby comics are mean-spirited.  I mean, why is there such joy in annoying/hurting people?
    Aliroz said:

Randal Munroe's Black Hat Guy comics and his My Hobby comics are mean-spirited.  I mean, why is there such joy in annoying/hurting people?

The thing about Black Hat Guy is that he is supposed to be an unpleasant, execrable human being. It just so happens that the ways in which he is terrible happen to be amusing or aimed at worthy targets. The character is mean-spirited, but the comics are not, at least in my opinion.
  • Well, there goes another one. Sorry, Aliroz.

I can't remember any of the mods really, besides Fe, Madrugada and Tachyon.

I find it hard to have sympathy for Fast Eddie because what he's going though, he puts himself through. It's obvious, probably even to him, that he'd feel a lot better if he backed off a bit and got some (reasonable) underlings to take up the slack. But he's not willing to do the thing, and people suffered because of that, so sympathy's a bit short on that front.
  • That's the joke. It would only be mean spirited if it was actually directed at someone. I get that that's not your sense of humor, but it's not really mean spirited.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    My little brothers are getting an Xbone next, which means I probably won't get their wii.

Oh well.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Next one to post gets bullied
    Dirty Pillows
  • Yeah, Black Hat is an example of 'sic the mad dog at the evil pedophiles'. He's bad, but he's usually aimed at people who deserve his punishment. Usually.

Not the escalator one, I'll tell you that.
    Miko said:

Dirty Pillows

Touhou is crap for pedophiles :DDDDD play a real man's game like Asura's Wrath :D so manly and best
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For some reason I'm now thinking about the fact that I like cruel humor
    Also you're favourite 2hu a shit
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

you do?

Also, I was never an xkcd type

A bunch of it seems to be math jokes I don't get (note: I hate math)
    Touhou is awesome and my favorite 2hus are all great.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

you do?

Also, I was never an xkcd type

A bunch of it seems to be math jokes I don't get (note: I hate math)

I do, yes.

I laughed throughout the Snowdrop parody in the latest FIW, for example.

Also, the "I didn't get this joke until I looked it up" factor is part of what a lot of people like about xkcd, but I can see why it might not be everyone's thing.
    Miko said:

Touhou is awesome and my favorite 2hus are all great.

No.
    Not a word from the person who refers to himself as Dirty Pillows. I shall retreat into my vast library and study oriental magic from a western perspective to alleviate the symptoms of my anemia.
  • edited 2013-08-09 17:47:32
    (2015 self)
    Quoth Fighteer: "We got sick of the hollers whenever he'd go off on some Cloudcuckoolander
    tangent. It wasn't the first time, either, not by a long shot. He
    was warned before. And that's all we're going to say about it"

Quoth me: HOLLA HOLLA SILVER DOLLA

BE A DAWG AND WEAR A COLLA

SIT A FENSE AND CLIMB A WALLA

LIKE THE FOLKS IN SWEET LA SALLA!
    (2015 self)
    What're you gonna do now, mods?  Can't stop my tangents now!
    (2015 self)
    Nanny nanny boo boo, you can't get me!

-blows a raspberry in TVT's direction-
    Aliroz said:

But can they stop your cosines?
  • edited 2013-08-09 17:53:52
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh right, you got banned. Consider it a gift.

I think that's a sine of bad puns, Central Avenue.
    (2015 self)
    Nope.

And, besides, Crystal, don't call CA's puns bad.  Secant make a good pun to save her life, don't hold it against her.

I can't remember any of the mods really, besides Fe, Madrugada and Tachyon.

What about Meta Four? He's basically a regular here...

Aliroz said:

Aliroz, you just won... something. I'm not sure what, but a winner is you.
  • Yeah, I'm going to need you all to do a 180 away from those jokes.

You're going to have to do that yourself, Yarrun, cosecant!

Dohohohohoho
    People have asked Centie to stop making puns, but sec--haha Aliroz beat me to it. Well played.
  • edited 2013-08-09 18:03:42
    (2015 self)
    It's one of the many cosecants of living with my parents that I am quick to make bad puns.

Oh, wait, Yarrun beat me to it.

Nicely done, Yarr.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    mikoooooooooooooooooooooooo
    (2015 self)
    Time's up for me, today.

Bye, guys!
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Nice, Aliroz. And for the record, I enjoy bad puns.