The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I'm watching Shingeki no Kumquat

It's pretty good
  • It's good to know it wasn't just me. I avoided that episode whenever it was on after that (I think it was the one where they went to New York?)

I'm always very grateful when a Courage discussion pops up, just so that I know I didn't dream up the whole thing.

Yeah, it was the one where they went to New York so Muriel could give a concert.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    See, I never knew they were there to give a concert. I thought they were just kinda there.

That was the creepiest thing about Courage to me; things just happened, and everything always went back to normal in time for the next episode. I don't know why that's creepy, but it is.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    china :)
  • PlutoniumFist said:See, I never knew they were there to give a concert. I thought they were just kinda there.

That was the creepiest thing about Courage to me; things just happened, and everything always went back to normal in time for the next episode. I don't know why that's creepy, but it is.

John Dilworth's sense of humor can charitably be described as dadaist (aside from his early
    Dirdy Birdy cartoons).
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I wonder if the Kanker sisters' name was picked on purpose
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The fact that "I Just Called to Say I Love You" is one of Stevie Wonder's best-selling songs is depressing

It's a bunch of cheesy generic "lovey" lyrics set over some synth crap that's less pleasing to the ear than a polyphonic ringtone from a 2000s cellphone, with an obnoxious cliche key change near the end to boot

But more importantly, it doesn't hold a fucking candle to the awesomeness of his other work
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Fuck you, I like that song.

Large Marge
  • I am awake.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I once thought I dreamt a series of games. Then Myr started reviewing them. Good old Myr, confirming the shadows of memory that lurk in my subconscious.

???
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I should have seen that coming somehow

We don't seem to have much in common when it comes to music, do we
    What's a good music player app for Windows? There's no point in bothering with iTunes anymore since I don't use an iPod anymore...
  • edited 2013-08-09 11:35:04

^ Foobar
  • i mostly use google play for my music listening now though
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I once thought I dreamt a series of games. Then Myr started reviewing them. Good old Myr, confirming the shadows of memory that lurk in my subconscious.

Myr plucks our most puzzling secrets out of the ether and bares them to the light.

What games?

I should have seen that coming somehow

We don't seem to have much in common when it comes to music, do we
    No, we don't

And that's terrible
    (2015 self)
    I like the Carpenters. That is strange, as I have we'll-known feelings on romance. Best Carpenters song is probably Yesterday Once More.
  • Odradek said:

And a little bit of art game to go with your RealMyst
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, it's the game!

I thought that was a false memory, or a dream that I half-remembered! I honestly didn't think that this was real!

• daft punk is overrated
    help

I'm not tired

My sleep schedule was almost fixed and now it's BROKEN AGAIN and there's nothing I can do
    (2015 self)

help

I'm not tired

My sleep schedule was almost fixed and now it's BROKEN AGAIN and there's nothing I can do

To to bed. Get under the blankets. Count to 2^16. You will be asleep before you get there.

• I never really liked TVT's antinegativity policy. Probably a big reason why I left.

What's wrong with hating on bad things? What's wrong with making fun of them? And you have this antipositivity thing too, why aren't you enforcing that too?

I know that it's generally bad form to bring up TVT here, but I needed to get this off my chest. I've had it on my mind for so long now.
    on this night of ritual
    creating title sequences for movies that don't exist
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Acererak said:

I never really liked TVT's antinegativity policy. Probably a big reason why I left.

What's wrong with hating on bad things? What's wrong with making fun of them? And you have this antipositivity thing too, why aren't you enforcing that too?

I know that it's generally bad form to bring up TVT here, but I needed to get this off my chest. I've had it on my mind for so long now.
    I'm happy that the So Bad It's Horrible pages are still up, at least
    me too
    (2015 self)
    Alright, so my temporary banning on TVT is now permanent.

At least Myrmidon is un-banned, so it's all worth it.
    (2015 self)
    I'm so glad they made Fighteer a mod, and Best Of.
    (2015 self)
    Pasta.
  • The problem is that without antinegativity stuff in place, works that really aren't that bad tend to get overly negative pages. Chances are, if there's a work that most believe it's terrible, it's going to have a negative page anyway, and the mods will turn a blind eye to it.
    whatever
    frozen yogurt
  • Aliroz said:

Alright, so my temporary banning on TVT is now permanent.

At least Myrmidon is un-banned, so it's all worth it.

*lots of hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.

I've recently come to the realization that Fighteer is kind of a douche. I'll defend most of the mods, but I will never defend his actions.
  • edited 2013-08-09 16:43:27
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I remember the time he said,

ATC, if you are genuinely that ignorant, do us all a favor and lurk rather than post.

You were on that page, Kexruct!
  • Totes mod material.
  • edited 2013-08-09 16:45:26
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ He has rare moments of decency, but overall, I think that he is pretty ham-handed and legalistic. Few moderators that I have encountered have been so preoccupied with combatting perceived concern trolling over actual misbehaviour.
    (2015 self)
    Well, any reasonable person would have reacted to that after the stuff I said.

I mean, I can be extremely annoying and idiotic.

It's not his fault he got so ticked.
  • Yeah, and he was also really rude. There's a difference between being firm but fair and being obnoxiously strict and unbending.
  • Aliroz said:

Well, any reasonable person would have reacted to that after the stuff I said.

I mean, I can be extremely annoying and idiotic.

It's not his fault he got so ticked.

One, you're not annoying and idiotic. Two, even if you were, notice how none of us respond in such a condescending, insulting way. Because you're a nice person. And you deserve people to be nice to you.

• How do quoteblock.
  • edited 2013-08-09 16:53:03
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ He really does seem to take a "do as I say, not as I do" approach to rudeness and sarcasm. It is often terribly condescending.
    I always felt like Fighteer represented the worst kind of tone policing. He was totally willing to shut down anyone for being "rude", while himself showing nothing but rudeness to anyone who disagreed with him.
    (2015 self)

Kexruct said:

How do quoteblock.

at end. at beginning.
    I never liked Fighteer. He's very mean.
  • edited 2013-08-09 16:58:22
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

I never liked Fighteer. He's very mean.

Personally, I think Best Of is more mean; but yeah, Fighteer can get very mean when he's pushed too far.