You fear that which you do not understand!

edited 2013-04-14 17:25:23 in General
I am lawful, I am strong, I am a being made up of atoms, that's pretty nice, I mean, how many atoms do you think make up human beings, probably quite a bit, imagine if people were also made out of cheese. do you think cheese atoms resembling people would be awesome. I don't mean that in a awe-struck.

Wait a minute, I got it! the game of the century, a game of two people and they must awe-strike other people.

Like paintball, except you play with quills and falcons, rather than paint and paint shaped guns.

falcons are pretty awe-striking, are they the ones that carrier letters across the milky sky sea stars.

Or is that pigeon wing carriers that do that, Pigeons to me have always been "Rats with wings" But honestly I can't feel too angry with them, they're not sentient enough to hold agency over their actions, and people own pigeons, so it's not like they're always chaotic evil, not like those Tigers and Pandas.

Pandas are pretty evil if you ask me, I heard from a lady in line for coffee that they're planning on releasing a deadly virus, whereupon the only way to cure said ailment is with the fur of Pandas.

Pandas themselves would be autoimmune if it is the least that can be said. but too many people talk less these days, with their telephones and their automated mechanical brains that exist in a dream made by a dimensional rift.

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • "Paper does not have atoms"
  • edited 2013-04-15 18:40:49
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

If people have atoms, do people who attack others with sharp implements run the risk of causing a nuclear explosion?

Do we take life in death into hand every time we cut vegetables or *gasp* read something where their is risk of a paper cut?
  • Justice42 said:

If people have atoms, do people who attack others with sharp implements run the risk of causing a nuclear explosion?

Do we take life in death into hand every time we cut vegetables or *gasp* read something where their is risk of a paper cut?
    Technically speaking, two objects never actually interact, my science teacher taught me that.
  • Things would already look pretty weird if atoms were large enough to be seen by the naked eye, let alone large enough to be cut through by a scissor blade.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Technically speaking, two objects never actually interact, my science teacher taught me that.
    This is actually true. :) There is force between the atoms of your hand and the atoms of whatever you are touching, so the atoms never actually make contact.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    btw Clock probably knows more than I do and I know hardly anything about physics but that is one of the few things I know about it ^_^
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

The sad fact is that anyone looking to buy this book is just being obliged to buy it by a school. Having peered into its murky pages, I have to report that it an appalling collection of padding designed to destroy the subject rather than to inform anyone about anything. Here is one small example...on page 92, there is a picture of a mother and baby. The caption reads 'As close as Tracy and Ian are in this photograph, none of their atoms meet. The closeness between us is in our hearts.' This psycho-babble is about 1/6th of the way through the book. And then on page 598, in the obligatory global warming section, there is a graph which shows CO2 increases lagging temperature changes, yet the text discusses the fact that human produced CO2 is the cause of temperature increases.

Oh well - the last thing anyone buying this book will find in it is information about chemistry.

But, buying this book isn't the fault of the students that need to suffer its absurdities - but it is the fault of the schools and school boards that are too vapid to know that this is simply a heavy dollop of expensive waffle. The school boards, schools, teachers, authors, and publisher should be ashamed of themselves.

• edited 2013-04-14 19:14:54
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Everything is made of atoms. For instance, cows are made of cow atoms and license plates are made of license plate atoms, etc.

If your atoms come into contact with other atoms too much, they start to mingle. For instance you can become part bicycle and your bicycle will become part you.

People who are part bicycle can be spotted by the fact that they never sit down but instead lean against the wall with their elbows out
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • kayooooooooo
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ...Dot?

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

Actually I'm afraid of the dark. And now I know why:

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    contemplate this on the tree of woe